Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Power User
Power User
I'm using Windows 2000/IIS to run the software. I installed the new version on my test server, and it worked fine. I installed it on my main server and I"m getting:

Error in CGI Application -

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

and the rest is a blank white screen.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Did you set the correct paths in main.inc.php? You may need to update them since you installed to the new place.

Also, you may want to check the permissions/script mappings on the directory you have the config.inc.php file if you moved it outside your web.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Power User
Power User
I checked the paths in the main.inc.php, and they are set correctly. (I have them both set to the same path, since I've not moved my config..yet )

The permissions are the same as before I upgraded. I can reupload my old files and it starts working again.

I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but the only difference between the test server and the main server is that the main server has multiple categories with specified stylesheets, headers and footers.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmmm... did you go into "Edit Config Settings" and resubmit on the new server?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Power User
Power User
After I uploaded all of the files, I couldn't access any page on the new server; they all gave me the Error in CGI. I'm playing with the backup on the test server to try and make it exactly the same.

Sponsored Links
Power User
Power User
Well, scratch the last idea, I imported my current database and it worked fine on the test server...I'll keep fiddling

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It really sounds like a path or permissions error somewhere... manually edit your config file and see if that clears it up

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Power User
Power User
Aye, you were correct! That's weird that the test server worked fine. I revamped the entire thing and it worked like a charm. (I forgot to set the permissions on the include dir before I left ) I wish Windows had a way to change permissions remotely...it probably does, and I just don't know yet

Ah well, thanks for the help!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849