Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Addict
Addict
Description: Attached is a new version of the ubbthreads.tmpl where there is a login box at the top of the page. As an added bonus the moderator column is removed and the moderator list is shown below the forum description.

Screenshot: []http://www.theyard.org/images/login-moderator-template.png[/]
Attachments
49383-ubbthreads.txt (0 Bytes, 102 downloads)

Last edited by Gardener; 06/10/2002 10:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
MTO Offline
Addict
Addict
To be more intuitive for newbies, in that log-in box I would place [:"green"]{$ubbt_lang['NEW_USER']} [/] ("New user"). I know its already above, but I think the placement would be much more intuitive in the login box.

Ideally we would have a language text for "Not registered? Click here".

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
To be even more intuitive, you might associate it with the ubbt_unregisterednav.tmpl instead Those logged in wouldn't have to see it then.

Good work tho, I like the moderator's placement

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Writes AllenAyres:
I like the moderator's placement
I do as well and I plan on using this template as a guide for modifying mine to remove the moderators column and place the moderator list beneath the forum description. I think that will help to "unclutter" the main index (or Command Centre as it's called on my board).

Addict
Addict
Actually, the login box is not shown for users that are logged in. The reason that it isn't in ubbt_unregisterednav.tmpl is that it wouldn't show correctly on my board because of some background images I have. Also, this way it only shows up on the forum list, which I think is enough.

The code for the login box is separated though, so it would be easy to put it in unregisterednav instead. Although, it would be a good idea to remove the check to see if the user is logged in since it won't be necessary any more.

Yeah, I really like the placement of the moderators, but I think it was someone else here that gave me the idea. Would be good with a new language text for it also, so that it says "Moderators" instead. But I didn't feel like making the template needing a change to another file as well.

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
That's a good idea, so I've added the info text from the login page after the heading.

The new template is attached, below is a screenshot:
[]http://www.theyard.org/images/login-moderator-template.png[/]
Attachments
49493-ubbthreads.txt (0 Bytes, 89 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
Hi,

Your txt file in the attachment is corrupted

Ian

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Addict
Addict
Strange, it works for me when I view it and I just made a copy from my template file. It was in DOS mode though for some reason, not sure if templates should be that or not. Seems that some are and some aren't even when looking at files I haven't altered.

Here is a new version which is in unix format, hopefully it will work better.
Attachments
49499-ubbthreads.txt (0 Bytes, 188 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
I've just clicked - it is trying to display your txt file, which is of course a php file as a regular html page.

If I view the source of the page, then I am fine. Might be easier to uplaod as a zip file containing the template with the correct suffix.

Regards,

Ian

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Addict
Addict
It's not my fault MSIE does it wrong. Why not just use "Save as"?

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
I did not right click because you had named the file a .txt so naturally I assumed that it contained a txt file. I would associate a txt file for a hack or template with a list of directions to implement it - I would not assume that it was a .tmpl file in disguise.

Ian.

Last edited by canvey; 06/10/2002 4:43 PM.

Addict
Addict
Sorry about that, I'll try to name files better in the future and include a better comment on what the attachment actually is.

Addict
Addict
I was about to see if my board image hack needed any updates for 6.0 final when I saw that I had actually included it by accident in this template. So there is actually one more hack as well.

Description: This hack allows you to have different pictures next to the board & description on the main index page. The image is inserted to the left of the forum description, even though it can be placed anywhere on the row of that forum if you want. It is just a matter of placing the "{$forumimage}" where the picture should go.

You can have a different image for every board, you just have to name them after the boards Keyword. This board would have an image called "templates.gif".
If no image for the forum exists a default image "board.gif" is inserted instead, if it exists. This way you can have the same image for all boards if you want to, as well. If you want a jpeg or png image as the default image you will have to change the "board.gif" name below.

If you want it to be a background image instead you could use the variable {$fimage} instead and place it in the background attribute of the table where you want it to show up.

Download: Just save the ubbthreads.txt in the original post of this thread and rename it to ubbthreads.tmpl and put it in the templates directory.
Or if you don't want the login box and moved moderator list, just download the attached file which includes all instructions on how to add it yourself.

Screenshot:
[]http://www.theyard.org/images/boardimage.png[/]
Attachments
49561-boardimage.txt (0 Bytes, 63 downloads)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
when you pull up a file like that in IE it tries to render the output... just do a "view source" on it and the code/html is plainly visible

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I like this one, I've seen some very nice work done with this and placing the images in the background

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Addict
Addict
Sounds great, it would be nice to have a link or screenshot to see how it is used.

Veteran
Veteran
Thank you.

Ian.

Last edited by canvey; 06/11/2002 10:02 AM.

Rio Offline
I just installed this on my board but now I can't access post from the past 24 hours here is what I get when I click any of these links

View recent messages
Past 24 hours
Past 48 hours
Past 7 days

We cannot proceed.

No matches.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Addict
Addict
That's strange, I haven't even touched that bit, but I'll have a look at it.

Are you sure it worked before? And it's not on a test board where there hasn't been any new messages recently?

Hacker
Hacker
Nice. I did remove the extra <br /> on the end to make it evenly spaced.

Veteran
Veteran
I also have the same problem - I just put back the old template, and the recent messages links work, put in the new one, and they fail

Ian.

Rio Offline
It works fine if I put back the old template file so it has to be something in this template here is my url

www.urbansugga.com

Addict
Addict
Yep, that is confirmed. Don't know why though, but I have obviously screwed something up, will get that fixed later today.

Addict
Addict
OK, I have fixed the links to recent messages. The problem was that the & in the links had been changed into "&", so you can fix it yourself by just search and replace that everywhere. Or just download the new text file I have attached and use that.

Instructions: Just save the attached file and replace the existing ubbthreads.tmpl template file with it.
Attachments
49685-ubbthreads_tmpl.txt (0 Bytes, 147 downloads)

Addict
Addict
There is a bug in the previous version which breaks the Recent messages links. This version should work and has been checked for XHTML compliancy.
Attachments
49833-ubbthreads_tmpl.txt (0 Bytes, 114 downloads)

c0bra #218504 09/27/2002 12:33 PM
Lurker
Lurker
Upgraded to v6.1 and the login doesn't work any longer.. "all of the required fields were not filled in" error

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63