Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#220608 07/05/2002 12:51 PM
User
User
Searched, and couldn't find this particular question, so here goes:

Back before converting from UBB classic 5.47 to UBB.Threads 6.0.1, I could set a forum so nobody could post replies in the control panel. This was used primarily for a forum set up for the posting of links that we didn't want people to be able to reply in.

So, the question...
How can I set up a particular forum so a topic can be posted but nobody would be allowed to reply to the topics in that forum? I want everyone to be able to post a new topic, not just a specific group, but I don't want anyone to be able to reply. It's far too much trouble to have to go in and close all the topics.

And, is this possible for just an individual topic? For example, I created a topic in various forums on my board listing the rules for our forums and have made it "sticky", but I don't want replies to that particular post.
You're probably going to say that I should just close that topic, but I hate that lock icon. Brings up another question...can I change the icon for a topic after it's closed?

-Marty
Club MOTS General Manager
Sponsored Links
Glazor #220609 07/05/2002 1:10 PM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
If you really don't like the lock icon, just change it to something else and change the wording for it too in your language files.

Other than that, there really isn't a way in the base code for everyone to post but no-one to reply It's probably doable, but hasn't been done yet

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
User
User
Thank you very much, Allen! I don't think I'll worry about changing the lock icon (not really a big deal).

The positive feedback on the upgrade to Threads has been so overwhelming, that the little quirks such as this are something that I'm more than willing to put up with. Hopefully, someone will figure out a way to do this in the future.
Thanks again!

-Marty
Club MOTS General Manager

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63