Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Common question:
"What are PMs?"

PMs are Private Messages. Registered Users here may send private messages to other registered users. Its like our own personalized in-house email system.

The "Home Base" for the Private Message system can be found (after you're logged in) by clicking the "My Home" link at the top of the screen.

From here, on the left hand side, you'll see links for "Send a PM", "Received Private Messages" and "Sent Private Messages".

When you have received a new PM... a flashing indicator (like this: []https://www.ubbdev.com/threads/php/images/newpm.gif[/]) will appear to the left of the "Main Index" link at the top of the screen.
Clicking on this flashing indicator will take you to a list of your Private Messages.

To send a PM, click the "Send a PM" link on the "My Home" page.
Fill in the username (you can also build and select from an Address Book) and compose your message. There are also options at the bottom of the screen to keep a copy of your message, get a read receipt, or preview your message.

NOTE: Private messages may not stay in the system forever. From time to time, to save space the Administrators may purge old private messages.

If you would prefer Not to receive Private Messages from users, you may disable this feature. To disable Private Messages, go to the "My Home" page and then click "Edit" next to "Personal Information, email, password, etc.". Set the very last option on the page to "No", then click "Submit" to save the changes.

Another tip! To send a Private message... simply click on a user's name. Scroll to the bottom of their profile, and click on "Send a Private Message".

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
#####################################################################
# Install Instructions: Copy and paste the post below into the new
# post window on in your forums. NOTE: for the images to display
# you must change "YourImagePath" to the URL to your threads
# images directory.
#####################################################################

Common question:
"What are PMs?"

PMs are Private Messages. Registered Users here may send private messages to other registered users. Its like our own personalized in-house email system.

The "Home Base" for the Private Message system can be found (after you're logged in) by clicking the "My Home" link at the top of the screen.

From here, on the left hand side, you'll see links for "Send a PM", "Received Private Messages" and "Sent Private Messages".

When you have received a new PM... a flashing indicator (like this: [Linked Image]) will appear to the left of the "Main Index" link at the top of the screen.
Clicking on this flashing indicator will take you to a list of your Private Messages.

To send a PM, click the "Send a PM" link on the "My Home" page.
Fill in the username (you can also build and select from an Address Book) and compose your message. There are also options at the bottom of the screen to keep a copy of your message, get a read receipt, or preview your message.

NOTE: Private messages may not stay in the system forever. From time to time, to save space the Administrators may purge old private messages.

If you would prefer Not to receive Private Messages from users, you may disable this feature. To disable Private Messages, go to the "My Home" page and then click "Edit" next to "Personal Information, email, password, etc.". Set the very last option on the page to "No", then click "Submit" to save the changes.

Another tip! To send a Private message... simply click on a user's name. Scroll to the bottom of their profile, and click on "Send a Private Message".

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63