Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#224562 09/13/2002 9:22 AM
User
User
Hi all:

I am just wondering how do I back up the forum. Currently I am running the forum off my own machine(WinXp, php, mysql and also got ubbthreads v6.0.2 installed)I am kinda new to this kind of stuff. I am not sure what php and mysql are too I am planning to move everything to a web server later on. So I might need information from you experts

Sponsored Links
User
User
Also I have another problem, I don't know why when I create a forum and at the end where u can give read/write access to admin, mod, users and guests ( I am showing 2 sets of group there.
It is like this:
admin
mod
users
guests
admin
mod
users
guests

Is this a bug in v6.0.2?
Any solution to this? Thanks!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Welcome

hmmm... looks like you have something strange going on with your usergroups. I'll let someone else answer that question

For backing up your forum's database, you can use phpmyadmin
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpmyadmin/

It's very handy for working with your mysql database, just be very careful with any link labeled "drop" or "empty"

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
User
User
Thanks a lot for the info Allen

Just waiting for someone to help me with the database problem I got above

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
On a windows box, you can do a mysql database dump with the following command:

c:\mysql\bin\mysqldump --opt -uLOGIN -pPASSWORD -hlocalhost DATABASENAME BACKUPNAME.sql

Replace the caps with your own info. This is the line I run with the AT command each night to backup my database. It will place the file in the mysql\bin directory, and overwrite it each time it's run with no prompting. This assumes you have mysql installed in the default dir of c:\mysql and you can change the backup location by adding a path to the .sql filename.

As far as your double display of the groups, I would hazzard a guess that the page displaying this has a duplicate line to list the groups. I don't think it is possible to get each group listed twice in the database due to name duplication. Perhaps you can replace that file with a known good copy from a .zip? Or upgrade to 6.0.3 would probably fix it if it is an error in a .php file. I ran 6.0.2 for a while and do not recall having that problem.

Last edited by Aglavalin; 09/13/2002 4:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hmm, I just noticed that my 6.1br1 has copies of the admin, mod, guest and user groups in the w3t_groups table. I really have no idea how they got in there, maybe from when I ran the altertable on the existing db? I just used phpmyadmin to remove the dublicate groups from the w3t_groups table. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? The only thing I can think of that did this was the altertable-6.0-6.1.php file I ran to upgrade the tables with the new info.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hmmmm...

I just checked my usergroup table. All is fine. My main site is on 6.1br1 but I've got 4 or 5 site/databases set up for testing hacks and beta testing. All my usergroups were fine. <SHRUG>

Guru
Guru
This can happen if the createtable was run more than once. If you haven't added any custom groups then you can get rid of the extra groups with the following (NOTE: DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU'VE ADDED ANY CUSTOM GROUPS)

DELETE FROM w3t_Groups WHERE G_Id > 4

UBB.threads Developer
User
User
Thanks for the great help guys I will try to fix the problem now.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Ahh, yes I ran it a second time as mysql crashed during the first time. That makes sense.

Sponsored Links
User
User
Sorry guys I got one more questions

I just did a fresh install on the sql, php and apache. I got everthing setup already and it is running fine on my machine( I can log in and edit forums etc..) But when I try to log in from my other machine with is on another connection. I can't log in to my domain with msg page not found.

This time I setup in ubbthreads in a dir instead of a root(htdocs) is that the problem why ppl can't get in?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
You mean you can't view any page on the site from the other connection? Maybe apache is not configured right. You should be able to have a website located just about anywhere on your system, as long as the paths are set right in the .conf file for apache. I'm not that well versed in apache myself, but I did get it running on my linux box after about 10 tries, hehe And I did end up placing my website directories not under apache htdocs as the default wants you to, so I know it can be done.

User
User
Wee. The problem is fixed Just forgot to add the path in httpd.conf file

Thanks for the info Aglavalin

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63