Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I've been a customer of scream's wwwthreads for years and have used the forums quite a lot. But I have yet to try to use it with any of my PostNuke sites.

Before I purchase (yet) another lisence I would like to know if there are any hack/modules/work arounds that would allow ubbthreads to be used with the database of PostNuke 7.2+?

TIA

Brew
CustomShowCars.com
OldHouseForums.com
PoliticalForums.net
pcgnetworks.com
ut2003news.com
rtcwnews.com
bf1942news.com
nolf2news.com
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Hey Brew, I've seen threads 5.5 modified to work with a bit older pn (actually pn was modified to work with threads), but not recently. What features are you wanting in pn that's not in IIP?

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
IIP?

Brew
CustomShowCars.com
OldHouseForums.com
PoliticalForums.net
pcgnetworks.com
ut2003news.com
rtcwnews.com
bf1942news.com
nolf2news.com
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
IIP is Integrated Index Pal.... (the home page here).

It's available in the "Forum Design Integration" forum.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Looks similar to PN....kinda sorta...It's nice!

But just not robust enough for my needs

I really need UBBT to work with PN

PS....I wish you'd turn off host monitoring....I have to disable Norton Firewall to post here....Something I hate doing

Brew
CustomShowCars.com
OldHouseForums.com
PoliticalForums.net
pcgnetworks.com
ut2003news.com
rtcwnews.com
bf1942news.com
nolf2news.com
Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Here's a related postnuke thread at Infopop:

http://community.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=729094322&f=8263094913&m=5863005335

IIP's becoming more and more robust... please stand by. (well not really... go do something)

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]
PS....I wish you'd turn off host monitoring....I have to disable Norton Firewall to post here....Something I hate doing
[/]

as a dev site, no way jose Running this site and ubbdev for the last few years, I know we are the subject of lots of hack attempts... the referrer check keeps someone from running local scripts and hacking our site, or at least slows them down

What do you like about post nuke that you don't see in IIP? I've asked a few people and haven't gotten answers yet... if I find out I can bug dave for them

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
hehe I think that by the time I get to IIP 7.0 it will start to shadow some *nuke portals out there.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
The main, number one, issue would be module compatibility between those modules made for PN and IIP (So IIP would be able to run most PN modules).

Like being able to run the image gallery module, the different chat scripts, etc etc,....

Check out my newest site....

http://www.ut2003news.com

You'll see how many of the PN modules we are running.

Heavy Loads:
PN can handle heavy work loads....From Thursday last week to Sunday morning we had well over 250,000 page requests and 111,000 unique hosts....we had only one hic-cup where one of the modules couldn't handle the load and we had to disable it (AdvStats.....where every page view was creating about 150 to 160 sql requests! ) This represented nearly 10gigs of B/W. So what I'm saying is that IIP would have to be able to handle this.

Permission Systems and User Groups:
Among the best things about PN is a very involved permissions system where I can dole out different levels of authority to different Users Groups. Like I have several Site Admins in a "site admin" user group.....I have given this group a wide range of authority to do pretty much anything except those things I feel could disable the site....like not letting them have the ability to change permissions or modules etc. In another group I have news posters....so all they can really do, over and above a regular user, is have admin ability to post news without it being moderated.

These are very important things here and I just don't have the time to continue listing all the things that make PN what it is.... but these are things I would look at before I would consider changing from PN.

Brew
CustomShowCars.com
OldHouseForums.com
PoliticalForums.net
pcgnetworks.com
ut2003news.com
rtcwnews.com
bf1942news.com
nolf2news.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63