Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#225575 09/29/2002 3:13 PM
I currently run a Quake 3 forum and the members would like to have lvlshot markup that we could use in ubb.classic. I have the markup/graemlin hack installed but I have no clue on how i sould add a olvlshot or screenschot tag that automatically resizes any pic to 300X400. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmmm... what does "lvlshot" stand for? Adding markup code is pretty similar to doing so for the ubb.classic.

I believe Gardener wrote a mod to where you can add most any markup code to the forum, check the beta forum for it. If you have more questions, ask

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Allen I have the markup hack installed but my problem is i don't know what the code is to add when i go to "Add New Markup". lvlshot was a code you could use in ubb.classic to you can post a screenshot from q3, no matter the size and when you clicked on it it took you to teh pic at actual size.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
hmmm.. do you have a link to the ubb modification? perhaps it can be adapted...

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
try this post

Sort of explains what I want to do.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I see... that just displays the original image at a reduced height/width, but doen't change the actual file size like a real thumbnailer would. hmmmm.... imagemagick or gd would be needed to do it right. A rather simple string-replace could do it the simple way here. The biggest problem would be in making sure when a post is quoted or edited that it re-converts the different thumbs and images to their original version (thumb or image).

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
well even if i can't easliy do it, how would i just go about creating tags that will allow a user to resize any pic to say 300x200? Sorry n00b here . I just am tired of having these huge pics that screw up the format of the thread.

bump

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
gotcherbump

This will require some time... if no one else does it soon, I'll catch it when I can, but it might be a while

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Sponsored Links
Thanks Allen . If it's a big project don't worry. If you can just tell me the code to enter into teh Markup screen to resize the picture that will just do fine also. Like a [resize] tag or something. I tried to take a look at the other tags' codes and got confused.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'm almost ready to release this.

I've added a [ thumbnail ] or [ lvlshot ] image tag markup... which constrains the image size by a variable in the config file... and when clicks opens the full sized image in a new window.

Example here.

Almost got it worked out... works fine now... tweaking the stuff so that it doesn't "break" when you edit the post.

Might need to post for assistance on that one.... we'll see what I can trudge through on my own. I surprised myself and got it to work... hopefully I can get the "undo markup" part of it to work.

thanks for all the help so far guys. It's really appreciated

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
OK

Had it working for quite a while... but it "broke" when you would edit the post.

I was ready to quit and ask for help.... but then the clouds parted, there was a bright light from above, and I heard harps playing... and I figured it out on my own. Woooo hooo.

I've never screwed around with markup or preg_replace before.... so I was kinda proud that I did it.

Hack is posted here.

It doesn't resize the filesize of the image.. it simply resizes the display of the graphic. So it won't help bandwidth or page load time.... but it will preserve the look of your page if people post HUGE graphics.

Hope it works for you. I could see these "game" sites who want to post lots of screenshots really liking it.

thanks a million Josh! you are a lifesaver! gonna play with it this weekend when i think i'm gonna upgrade to 6.1.1.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63