Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I have a right-hand menu bar in my forums. That is the first cell of a table that fills the whole screen, where the forums are in the second cell. When I use the stylesheets that come with UBB.Threads, the forums fit perfectly into the second cell. However when I use some stylesheets I downloaded here (plum, rose, sandstone and template), the forums are bigger and extend past the end of the screen and a scroll bar appears on the bottom of the screen to scroll right-left. I hate that and want it to fit like the other stylesheets. Any ideas on why this is happening?

I was able to fix it sort-of by upping my screen resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. It fits well then, but what about users who are still using 800x600? I also prefer 800x600 as it is. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If you could provide an URL I'll have a look. Possibly text size? I don't really know off hand. Perhaps Allen may have a better idea with the style sheets.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Here is a forum that's stays fits the screen right, using one of Infopop's original stylesheets; desert:
http://www.laondalatina.com//ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=thalia
Here is one using the sandstone stylesheet, which was used here at Threadsdev.com and was available for download:
http://www.laondalatina.com//ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=spantutoring
Here's another I downloaded from Threadsdev.com: khaki:
http://www.laondalatina.com//ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=academia

The ones that aren't included with threads for some reason are too large when I have the left-hand menu bar, but the Infopop ones work just fine. I wish I knew why. Maybe Infopop could take a look + include these styelsheets that are for download here (khaki, plum, rose, template) in the official version

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If you look at the size of the drop down menus at the bottom of the pages located in the "Jump To" section in the center of the "Extra information" table you will notice that the pages that are to large have some board titles that are quite long. If you shorten these titles to something no bigger than the longest one in the first page you refer to as looking/working the way you want I'll bet that the other pages with the different style sheets will look/work the way you want them to also.

Hope that helped.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
We'll see. Instead of editing all the forum titles, first I'll test your theory out by simply commenting the jump boxes out of the postlist and showflat templates. Nobody ever uses them anyways.

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Thanks so much, Dave. I've removed the jumpboxes from my boards and now all the stylesheets are working correctly!
EDIT: Much easier than editing forum names anyways

Last edited by donJulio; 11/18/2002 7:09 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
hatter
hatter
USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63