Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Power User
Power User
I added the iusr_ (internet guest account) with all permissions except full control to the mysql, php, and ubb folder. When I get to step 4-5 for entering the path and absolute url's it tells me it is unable to open the main url to the ubb folder. However, the url to the images is fine. I don't know what I missed. I am running this on Win2k with IIS5. I know the .php works because I used myphpadmin to create the DB and the user for the DB.

It seems to hang up when about line 686

$check = @fopen("$referer/$images/flat.gif","r");
if (!$check) {
echo "<font color=red>UNABLE TO OPEN</font>";
$nocrit = 1;
$imageserror="<font color=red>?</font>";
}
else {
echo "<font color=green>PASSED</font>";
}
echo "</td></tr>";

You will notice that it fails on the PHPURL but nothing as for a fail or pass on the images.

phpurl (http://www.myserver.com/midi/ubbthreads) UNABLE TO OPEN

images (http://www.myserver.com/midi/ubbthreads/images)

That is the same url that I am using for the install.php so it should work. I have cheacked the permissions time after time.

NOTE: I renamed my domain here to myserver for securtiy reasons.

If you want to give it a try you can email me at [][email protected][/]

Thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
What version are you setting up?

Power User
Power User
6.1.1 the full version

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
That step states:

Checking all path/url information. Please make sure you have all files uploaded, or you will get false reporing. NOTE: The first 3 might fail if PHP is unable to open files via a URL. If that is the case you may continue to the next step.

So the error your getting isn't a major one. Does the flat.gif exist in your images directory? If not you may want to upload that file and try again. Also, perhaps your images directory doesn't have the correct permissions set. Check the permissions for that directory and maybe even reset them again to be sure. (chmod 666)

Can you go to next steps and finish installation?

Power User
Power User
yes the .gif is in the folder. that is the first thing I looked for when I opend the install.php with zend.

the thing is that it hangs up on that step tho. It doesnt give me the next/continue button to move on. if you want I could send you a PM with the url and info so you can see what it is doing

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
In your install script, after this line:

Add this:

echo "referer = $referer | images = $images";

Does this information look correct?

Power User
Power User
It still hangs up. I even gave the I_user full control in the ubbthreads folder.

I was woundering if I could rename the ubbthreads folder to just ubb and make the change in the install.php to reflect this. I don't know if in the coding some where it looks for this name or not.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
The information that's echoed, $referer and $images, does this look correct. If I understand it the $referer should be the URL and $images should be the additional part of the URL pointing to the flat.gif file.

Does this URL exist? Can you take that information and put it into your browser's address bar and view the flat.gif file?

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
The thing of it is that this line:

$check = @fopen("$referer/$phpurl/createtable.php","r");

must check out ok and it's before the line that's failing. So this means that you can open a file via the file's URL. So knowing that then the next file that's opened:

Should work. But this is failing. Since both lines share the $referer variable we can eliminate that. All that is left is the $images variable and the flat.gif file. Do you have an extra trailing slash / at the end when setting up the image information? We know that the flat.gif file does exist and is uploaded to the directory so all that remains is the $images variable.

My guess is that the information for that variable needs to be adjusted.

Power User
Power User
The url is correct I pulled up the gif in IE.

Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I think IE sometimes can overlook an extra slash in the url so you may want to make sure there are no / back to back. I think we discussed this or it was mentioned somewhere else around here. But then again maybe I'm thinking of something else... lol

Hmm.. ok just a thought. Try chmod'n the flat.gif file itself to 666 and see if that does the trick.

Power User
Power User
This is what IE looks like in the attacment.

Note: I removed the attachment so that the URL of your install script wasn't displayed. ~JustDave

Last edited by JustDave; 12/13/2002 3:50 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
So it's not the check for the images that is failing it's the check for createtable.php prior. Is this script located in your .threads directory?

Power User
Power User
well this file is there. I have the server right next to me and all I did was unziped the ubb.zip and moved the ubb folder to where I wanted it.

I will put up another attachment with the upl's and paths. you can deleat them being an admin when your done. I might of messed up on this part.

Last edited by JustDave; 12/13/2002 4:07 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Your paths/urls look fine. If the createtable.php script is there try changing it's permissions to 666. If it's not there try uploading it.

Power User
Power User
ok I right clicked on createtable.php and went to the security tab in the properties. for internet guest account (servername\IUSER_computername) has Modify, Read & Execute, Read, write permissions checked. I have it that way for the whole ubb folder, PHP folder, and mysql folder. other than that I don't know how to change the per. to 666. I am using w2k server

Last edited by donnti; 12/13/2002 4:16 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
hmmm ok well the chmod 666 isn't for win2k but what you did sounds like it should do the trick.

Now I'm at a loss... lol

Since the install script stops at this point perhaps commenting out that check will allow it to keep going?

Just a thought.

Power User
Power User
How would I do this? I dont know php coding yet. I do have zend to look at it and make changes tho. I want to learn php but just havent had the time. Well after next week (Finals week) I will have like 3 weeks to play with it. I just went through a database corse so I under stand how mysql works with the select/from and stuff. not much different than oracle.

I just want to say thanks for your time and help. I cant really afford another $200 for an install from infopop.

Last edited by donnti; 12/13/2002 4:30 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Try changing this:

if (!$check) {

to this:

$check = 1;
if (!$check) {

This will make it think that it passed. Then see how far you can get from there. Your creating a new setup right? Because I can't say for sure what will happen in the following steps after tricking it into thinking this check worked. It's not so bad to fudge a new database as it is to kill an old one with your data in it.

Let me know what happens.

Power User
Power User
umm still hangs up. this is what I have for an out put after it times out

phpurl (http://www.myserver.com/midi/ubbthreads) PASSED
images (http://www.myserver.com/midi/ubbthreads/images)

Note no pass/fail for the images again.

Yes this is a clean install. with a clean DB

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Then perhaps PHP isn't able to open files using the URL. You may want to change them 3 checks as I showed for the first so that it thinks that all 3 passed and then see what happens.

Power User
Power User
still hangs up in the same spot

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
All of them checks in that step test to see if a file can be opened via URL or PATH. Just out of curiosity add the $check = 1; after each file opening in step 5 so that all checks pass. This should allow you to get to step 6.

There must be a reason the files are not able to be opened. I myself haven't had much luck with using PHP and MySQL on a windows box but there may be someone else around here that has.

Anyone else here had simular problems?

Power User
Power User
I have had 5.4.* running b4 but then I tried out windows.net for a while and then I just reformated and installed w2k with all the latest PHP, Mysql, and also myphpadmin.

if you want to take the time I can pay you if you want to give it a try your self. I can PM you the info for my server and set up an FTP account.

I have thought about getting lenux but I dont know how to use that yet and also the same with appachie

Last edited by donnti; 12/13/2002 5:07 PM.
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to figure things out on a windows box.

It must be something to do with PHP. (my guess)

Have you tried editing main.inc.php and config.inc.php manually and then running createtable.php directly? This may get you going. From the information so far you wont be able to edit the files from the admin area but if the machine is sitting next to you that should be to bad.

Power User
Power User
Ok thank you for your time and help.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Your welcome.

(wish I could have been more help though)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63