Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#229755 12/26/2002 2:12 AM
Journeyman
Journeyman
I recently put a moderator in my forum but the system still sees him as a member in his profile although he has many posts. The M graphic is showing next to his username and he has all the privileges of a moderator.Is there something I miss?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Sounds like you are talking about his "title".... that's based on post count.... as you define in your site's settings.

You can give his a custom title.... if you edit his profile yourself. Otherwise, it'll change when his post count reaches the next plateau.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I thought the same Josh but it doesn't count the posts at all . For example one moderator has 1150 posts and his profile title is Moderator. Then another moderator with the same amount of posts and his profile title is just Member. To be precise, the system with profile title according to posts does't work either to the other members

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Then you need to go to the admin menu,
go down to Edit Titles,
and check the box to update existing users.

Sounds like they are off somehow.

Title would never say "Moderator" unless you manually put it in there.

The "Status" is "Moderator" if you have given them moderator privledges, but the Titles are strictly based on post count unless you give users custom titles.

Sometimes titles will stop updating by post count if you have edited the titles and post count levels without updating all.

Note, when you check the box to update all existing users, you'll lose any custom titles you've set up.

If you look at "Who's Online" on your site or your User List. Those screens will show the user's "Status" (admin, mod, user etc...) but the showprofile screen will never show the word "Moderator". The Profile screen shows title and not status.

Hope that made more sense.

Addict
Addict
Did you import from UBB.classic? The importer may have set up the titles like that. Josh's directions will fix it.

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thank you guys

Indeed I used the ubb classic import

I did what Josh told me and now the status is normal for every user. I changed the title manually for the Moderators. But to most of them the title Moderator existed in their profile title.

Thanks again

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Nettomo
Nettomo
Germany, Bremen
Forum Statistics
Forums63