Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 25
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Actually I went outside to install the car cd player my brothers got me for Christmass. Still installing. Sorry....

Sponsored Links
no problem Dave. There are more important things in life:-))
I can wait a bit.

Ron.

P.s. Don't blow it up. A car stereo is harder to fix then a "bug" in a scipt:-)

Those who fail to read ask many questions:-)
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I just uploaded the updated zip file. This should work with register globals off.

Hi Dave

I would like a box for "on this day in history" you know the one that pulls up a sentence for a perticular day of the year, or is there one I have not fond?

Have fun

Thanks

Liahona
Hi Dave

When is the new template going live, or is it out if so where, you know the blue one with 3d boxes

Thanks

Liahona
Sponsored Links
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
HotScripts.com should have such a script available. You may want to see what they have available. Currently there is no such feature in IIP.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I'll be releasing my template/css mods in a package at some point after I have another 4 or 5 color schemes finished. This should offer users enough choice that nobody has to be upset that they are stuck to just one.

Thanks for the tips Dave.

I made the appropriate edits to UBBTnews.php and called it up, and it pulls exactly what I need. BUT, I can't get it to work within the custom box.

Remember I'm pretty new at PHP, but I have some programming background and can usually muddle through. hehe

The error I'm seeing right now is:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in c:\webs\softest\threads\pals\custombox1pal.php on line 31

If I've read this correctly, I need to edit the following variable in custombox1.php:

$TempStorage .=

I've attempted to call the ubbtnews.php script via an include, but doesn't seem to work, as noted above.

Currently the line looks like this:

$TempStorage .= "include "$thispath/addons/ubbtnews.php"";

I've tried it a few different ways, that I thought would work, but it's just not right.

So... any advice Dave? Or anyone?

Thanks!

Hi dave

That's great, your doing a great job. (not forgetting the others, well done)

Thanks

Liahona
That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
$TempStorage .= "include "$thispath/addons/ubbtnews.php"";

is not correct.

That variable is for adding what ever content that's generated by your code into IIP's cache table. I would recommend using box 4,5 or 6 and replace this:

echo "Admins: Your custom content and code can be added to this box by editing the custombox4pal.php script located in the pals directory.";

with this:

include "$thispath/addons/ubbtnews.php";

To add output to a box that uses cache you need to replace all of your code's echo statements with this: $TempStorage .=

Example:

This: echo "Hello World";

becomes this: $TempStorage .= "Hello World";

Hope that helps.

Sponsored Links
Hmm, that's what I was trying to do, but good to know that I was using the wrong custom box.

Unfortunately, it doesn't show anything in the box. If I place it on the left, it expands the box title to the width of the page and nothing after shows. If on the right, there's just nothing.

Back to the drawing board! *bangs head on desk*

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
If I get a chance later I'll post some code to do what your trying to accomplish. You'll be able to see what you have done correctly and what needs changing.

No sweat, thanks Dave.

I'm just tenacious when it comes to problem solving. Unfortunately, I sometimes get blinded by the problem and can't see the answer, even when it's right in front of me.

Will check back later. *gets a hammer*

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
I'll be putting the code up tomorrow. I just realized how late it's getting here and I have to get going early in the morning.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Okay, so I put everything up and it's working fine until I click "Modify my database." much like the 6.1-6.2 update It doesn't do anything at all.. Any suggestions/advice? Sorry if this has allready been covered I missed it.

[]I'll be putting the code up tomorrow. I just realized how late it's getting here and I have to get going early in the morning. [/]

No need Dave. *throws down the broken hammer*

I finally got it! LOL

You said to change this:

[:"red"] require ("$path/main.inc.php"); [/]

to

[:"red"] require_once ("$path/main.inc.php"); [/]

which I did of course. But that was the problem in the end.

Once I commented it out, bingo, works perfect.

I can't say why, because I am just not that good and I'll admit it. But I'm not gonna complain.

Thanks for the tips and advice, couldn't have done it without your guidance and patience.

Zack

Addict
Addict
Hmm... hey Dave. Just upgraded to 5.2, but the index page won't go online. The config variable at the very end is set to 1.. but still isn't working.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.. I forgot to turn my forums back on, I turned them on and it worked fine, lol. Its too late for this crap

Last edited by msula; 01/02/2003 12:08 AM.
Thanks Dave,

It works like a charme now.
Could it be that this problem is simular to the problems I have using the altertable script to upgrade to 6.2?
I would realy like to upgrade to 6.2 but the script "hangs" at step 3. I know this is off-topic but maybe you could drop me a PM?

Regards,

Ron.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
That's possible. I remember seeing Rick mention needing to add a $step = get_input("step","get"); line to one of the alter table scripts.

I'll be back in later this morning. I'll take a look at the alter table script then.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
That is odd. require_once will load main.inc.php only *if* it hasn't already been loaded. If your just using require its being loaded no matter what. So, require_once must think you didn't need it because it's loaded yet it's not working because it wasn't. LoL make sense?

Glad you figured it out. Good job.

Me understand nothing:-))
Can you tell me what to do in English? I have close to -0- PHP programming knowledge.

Regards,

Ron.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
That reply was to Zackary. Your problem is unsolved and I wont have time to look over any scripts untill later today, if I get the time. Check at Infopop in the installation board. I would bet the information is there as I seen something along the lines of what your having a problem with posted there.

[]That is odd. require_once will load main.inc.php only *if* it hasn't already been loaded. If your just using require its being loaded no matter what. So, require_once must think you didn't need it because it's loaded yet it's not working because it wasn't. LoL make sense?

Glad you figured it out. Good job. [/]

That's what I was thinking Dave... is it being called somewhere prior to that in that page? I guess I don't know php well enough to say, but it's just looking for it, why would it hurt to load it again anyways? Hehe.

I tried it both ways, require_once and just require and same thing both times, until I commented it out. *shrug* If it works, don't fix it.

Really do appreciate the help though.

c0bra #230391 01/02/2003 10:52 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Is v5.2 compatable with version 6.1.1 of UBBTHreads?

barbiro #230392 01/03/2003 12:00 AM
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
No.... anything written for 6.2 would be based on usernumber... lots of database fields have changed.

Daine #230393 01/04/2003 7:49 PM
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Drat.They released 6.2 two days after my support ran out.Looks like I will have to renew.I do have the beta DL though muwahahaha

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I was wondering if there is a way to disable the categories/forums that you use for the news on the IIP so that they are visible only there (IIP)and not in the forums. I have too many forums already and since these are only for my use, they just clog up the already long list of forums.

Dave?

Thanks

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
Not off hand. I forget but if you change the access of the forums to nobody or only admins but still use them for the news display they may work in IIP only then. Not sure though.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
yeah, that's what I was wondering. Guess I could try it and see. I just figured if you did that they'd be invisible on IIP too.

i'm having the same problem liahona did on page 5, logged in on my main forums but not for the IIP page.
i changed the config.inc for sitewise cookies but it still doesnt seem to be working.
whats my next step?

EDIT - does the IIP have to reside in the ubbthreads directory for it to work?

Last edited by monkeyra; 01/09/2003 10:54 AM.
ok, i got off my butt to try it out.
it works if it's in the ubbthreads directory, but not if it's outside.
is this how it's designed dave?

ok, stuck again.
i got it running, went through the install business, but i cant figure out how to open it!
it says

Index Closed

We are currently updating this page...

what have i done wrong?

also, when i update the config settings for it, the editconfigpal.php, it doesnt save my settings. i click on the link in the copyright bit and the original settings are there.

Last edited by monkeyra; 01/09/2003 11:37 AM.
Kahuna
Kahuna
Try looking at the permissions of the /pals/configpal.php. If your settings are not being saved, most probably the php page cannot write to that file.

CHMOD 777 for unix or Write/Modify access for Windows should do the trick.

The reason that you get this page is because the configpal.php has not been updated, the IIP thinks you are still in configuration mode.

Warm regards

Nikos

Nikos
Hi monkeyra

[] I'm having the same problem liahona did on page 5, [/]

I think this is on page 2.........

If so then I opened an admin account for Dave who went in and fixed it, took him about 2 mins.

I'm sure he will do it for you if you still have the problem.

Thanks

Liahona
[]Try looking at the permissions of the /pals/configpal.php. If your settings are not being saved, most probably the php page cannot write to that file.

CHMOD 777 for unix or Write/Modify access for Windows should do the trick.

The reason that you get this page is because the configpal.php has not been updated, the IIP thinks you are still in configuration mode.

Warm regards

Nikos [/]

bingo!
now, is it safe to leave all these set to 777?

I think the directory needs 777 and the file needs 666

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
[]Hi monkeyra

[] I'm having the same problem liahona did on page 5, [/]

I think this is on page 2.........

If so then I opened an admin account for Dave who went in and fixed it, took him about 2 mins.

I'm sure he will do it for you if you still have the problem.

[/]

The reason I offered a hand was mainly to see what could be causing the problems you described. Unfortunately I didn't experience any of the problems and didn't gain any insight as to their cause.

I'll gladly set IIP up for anyone for a small fee though.

dave, is it possible to change the order of the posts in the shoutbox? ie, recent on top rather than having to scroll down each time, i know it's kinda opposite of IRC, but it's bugging me, lol.

That 70's Guy
That 70's Guy
The window should auto scroll down after it's loaded. It's worked that way in Opera 7.0, Mozilla 1.2, IE 6.0 and Netscape 7.0 when I tested.

Opera 6.0 can not deal with the IFRAME tag's width being set in a percentage but 7.0 is looking great.

Kahuna
Kahuna
My time now :P

In my test site with IIP 5.2 and UBBT 6.2, I am loosing the profile box all of a sudden. If I click refresh cache, then the box is displayed. If I refresh the page a new profile is being displayed but only because the RefCache parameter is passed in the Index.php.

If I click on Main Index and back to Entrance, the profile disappears....

Totally baffled or really tired, I can't seem to find a solution for this... :P

Warm regards

Nikos

Nikos
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849