Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 25
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
The second problem looks like you've corrupted one of your language files. I can't read the language, but maybe the online.php language file got messed up.

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
The french lanuage file is icluded with
Code
  <br /><PRE>&lt;?<br />?&gt;</PRE><br />

tags for some strange reason....

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
it should be
include(language_file);

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I don't follow what you're talking about.

I don't think there is a french translation yet for IIP.
Or is that a .Threads frech bug?

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
It´s the french language file for UBBThreads, lanugages/french/online.php

The last part of it, seems that the file is broken at $ubbt_lang['ubbthreads'].

Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
thanks pals!!

Ok for the french bugs!
Anyway gonna eat a french chick for Xmas

Merry Xmas

When I click on the copyright link it takes me to a chat room intigration site. What do I do?

Last edited by JoshPet; 12/27/2003 3:29 PM.
You are not logged in as a valid administrator.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Or you are and the cookies are not set site wide.

From the FAQ Above.
[]

I click on the Copyright link and I go to ChattersOnline.
First, make sure you are logged in as Admin. Then, in your config file, make sure your cookies are set site wide. The cookie path should be "/".

[/]

Also, I removed your mega wide image as it stretched out the whole thread and caused left/right scroll.

How do I change da width of the portal?

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
It's based off the width already defined within your threads settings.

ST Offline
OK I am moving this problem of mine here per Josh.

I have this mod installed(IIP) onto version 6.3 of threads.

Basically this is my problem; when I go to the current threads box and click on the recent post, it does not take me to the precise post number that was the msot recent. It instead takes me to the top of the thread.

Now, when I am i the main index page of my site and I go to the "Last Post" link, it takes me right to the msot recent post number and NOT to the top of the thread.

How can I get the link in "current threads" in the "Entrance Page" refer to the most recent post number? What script do I need ot change and what does it need changed to?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Ah now I understand your question.

That's designed behavior. It's "current threads" not current posts. So it just takes you to the thread.

But the way you describe it working is how it works on IIP.

I imagine if you wanted to have it jump down, you'd have to alter the query to also find out what the last post is by grabbing the B_LastPostNum field from the database and add an anchor tag to the link.

ST Offline
whew... I thought I was going crazy...

How would I go about making te query? Do you have a suggested mod string that I could add to the current threads script to make it behave the way I want it to?

I would love to have a "Current Posts" page.

ST Offline
::watches the tumbleweeds::
is what I asked for possible or is it just too much to ask here?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes, I told you how above.

[]JoshPet said:
you'd have to alter the query to also find out what the last post is by grabbing the B_LastPostNum field from the database and add an anchor tag to the link. [/]

ST Offline
hehhehe....
I guess I sound smarter than I am. My fault for not asking directly.

Where would I go or ask to get the syntax for the query to do that? How does one add an anchor tag to te link? In short, how exactly would I do what you told me to do?

Look at the query structure and anchor tag from the YASM 2.0 Mod that should give you a rough search to compare to.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Actually, I had a problem with 5.3.1 but when I began this post I figured I would check it one more time and lo and behold it worked. Has this ever happened to anyone?

About the begining of December, anytime you would go to the home page it would not display. Let me see if I can clear this up. If you typed in the home pahe in the url, or even clicked a link to it from anywhere else, you never would leave the site you were at, but the browser status indicator would indicate that the page DID load and the URL would show in the address bar. I eventually had to stop using IIP and build a new script for my home page. This happened on another site as well, and I did the same thing there. It was as if my site was down, yet if you typed in the url to the forum itself, everything worked fine. Occasionally it would give me a 404 error, but upon investigating the file was intact. Perplexed I am. I had renamed the IIP page to index3.php to figure out what the problem was and it did the same thing.

But.... today I come to give this post and I checked the index3.php and threw me for a loop, it's suddenly working again. (theme from the twilight zone playing) Any ideas on what caused this?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
From what I've seen,
If your news pal is pulling from a forum with lots of posts, and your server times out during the query.... the cached IIP results could be blank (if the cache never gets updated).

So sometimes, on some servers or larger sites, IIP does not work well.

I'd try to reduce options/remove boxes, and have the newspal pull from forums that don't have very many posts. Likewise, take advantage of the other options to gain efficiency. Taking advantage of the caching can help. Stagger their refresh times. But if the query is too intense to update the cache, you won't have a page.

Hi all youse guys. I'm having an issue with display settings. When I edit my threads theme file and the width to 780, instead of 95%, all of my pals are 780 wide. I have 2 columns, and am using the center and right side. These were set to 65% for the center column, and 35% for the wide right column.(I'm still not sure what the difference between right and wide right is.) I tried setting these to values of 507 for the center 273 for the right column, but it acts like it doesn't pick up these values for some reason. The changes are being saved as I can see them when I go back into the IIP admin panel.
Anyone got any ideas why it would be having as such.

I'm still running 6.3.1.

Old Hand
Old Hand
I would bring up my browser and select all on the page and see what the browser is reporting for the width statements.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You're using a fixed table width in the threads theme file?
A fixed table width won't work in threads in a variety of places (the MyHome page and the Calendar page in threads are also incompatible with a fixed table width).

If you need a fixed table width - set the theme file to "100%".

Then in your forum's header, open a table with the width you want:

<table width="780"><tr><td>

Then in the footer, close the table:

</td></tr></table>

Thanks Josh. It worked great.

Power User
Power User
* Today my IIP stopped working at www.calpernia.com/ubbthreads/index.php , it looks like this sometimes:
[]http://www.calpernia.com/images/graphics/iip531.gif[/]
* And like this sometimes:
[]http://www.calpernia.com/images/graphics/iip531_2.gif[/]
* It's not pulling the newsboxes or any of my custom boxes, and it's not displaying a footer at all. I have to type in the editconfigpal url manually to look at the settings (same as theyve always been)
* I installed IE 6 SP2 yesterday, which probably has something to do with this (Don't bother posting anti-IE rants, I hate it too, but most people use it so I want my board to show up right in it). Also, my new webhost has a lot of permissions issues with various folders, so I tired turning caching off and on, no difference that I can see.
* Any idears out there? =)

Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63