Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lurker
Lurker
I had Oasis for about 8 months. They were down once or twice for a day or so but otherwise all was OK.
I am a reseller who serves people in the same industry as me who have no web knowledge, not for so much profit but to be of service to those who otherwise would never use the ‘net. (too small to use rackspace or similar)
Oasis had had spotty customer service sometimes but usually would get the job done and most times were very helpful when I was getting started.
Back at the first of Nov. they told me of a “new” plan they had that would save me money since my number of sites had grown. BUT instead of monthly it required a year pre-pay. We took the deal. I had also bought magazine ads to increase awareness of my services to potential customers that would run in Dec. and Jan. Things were starting to take off and everything looked good.
Then they had a “raid” controller crash in mid-Nov. They moved us around to some temporary hosts who it seems are companies that are mainly owned by the principals in Oasis. They were down for a few days after the crash but came back up pretty quick.
However in the time since the crash we have only been up at best a few days at a time. The same is true of their home page; a temp page was up a few days but now is gone again. It is now Sunday and everything has been down since Friday this time. They quit answering any e-mails or sending any messages about the problems 2 weeks ago and the phone # I had was disconnected before Christmas.
End of story:
I lost my biggest customer, all my other client’s patience has run out, my ads were a waste of about $500 plus the untold damage done to my small company when potential customers responded to the ads and there was no web site to see. I have had no cash flow for two months, I can’t bill people who were without sites, and I am sure I am out all the money I paid Oasis. All their servers still answer to a “ping” but no sites work including theirs.
They are affiliated with 2 other companies that I know of. I don’t know how but was told they owned part of them; Timberland hosting and Beachcomp.com hosting. I would suggest caution with them also because of this affiliation. They were mostly based in Minnesota but the phone # I had was in Florida.
Who knows where these guys went.
Based on my experience I sympathize with anybody who is/was an Oasis customer.
Anybody else have experience with them?

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63