Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#234805 02/01/2003 3:51 PM
I'm currently running 6.0br5, and would like to go to 6.2, but figured I had better straighten this issue out first.

When I go to the "Admin" page, under the links bar (admin, main index, search, home, etc.) there are the 2 columns, with the "menu area" on the left and a window on the right. Well, as of late, on the menu area on the left, the forum logo and the menu bar that is at the top of each page is showing up at the top of that column. Before, I believe it just used to start with the "settings" box, and now it has my forum logo, and the links, then the settings box. What happened to change this, and how do I fix it? When I try to do anything with this user, I get this: "You cannot view or edit the first Administrator"

And, another admin related question. I upgraded my board from a hacked Classic free board, and I had manually inserted myself and another individual as admins or mods on the free board. Well, when I upgraded, we both become "administrator", but I would like for the other user to only be a mod. How can I "demote" him to moderator?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Sounds like you've got your forum's header in the "header-insert" file. It should not be. That "header-insert" is for META tags only.

Put your forum header (logo) in the "generic header). That will fix it.

Your header (logo) will never appear on the Admin pages if you've put it in the right space.

Oh and,
To change a user.... you can edit them and "revoke admin" abilities.

Thanks again for the help. I checked my header files, and everything appears to be as it needs to be, but the problem remains.

Also, when I try to edit the other user, I get this:

"You cannot view or edit the first Administrator"

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
When you go under admin down to "edit header-insert" is there anything in there?

Oh that #2 users has to be the admin. That's the first user of the system and used internally for some functions.

Yeah... DON'T delete or modify that user.

Here's whats in it:

<title>The Supercar Registry Bulletin Board</title>
<meta name="description" content="A bulletin board dedicated to the rare Chevrolet dealer and COPO cars, such as Yenko, Berger, Nickey, Gibb, Harrell, Dana, Scuncio, Baldwin-Motion, and COPO cars.">
<meta name="keywords" content="yenko nickey fred gibb harrell dana baldwin motion scuncio copo berger rare dealer car restoration technical">

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I took a peek.

I'm thinking that this "header" in the admin section wasn't fixed until 6.0 final or 6.0.1.

Let's see if it persists after your upgrade. Typically the problem happens when you put the header in the header insert... but your header insert and header are fine.

I'm gonna upgrade...be back shortly. Cross your fingers!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63