Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Requirements are Ubbthreads 6.2 and above and Photopost 3.3 and 3.3.1

This is a modification to allow full design integration between these two wondeful products.

There are several changes so I decided to include Beyond Compare differences reports to make it easy.

There are two steps. Apply all changes in the differences reports to the files and then add the CSS additions to all your stylesheets matching the colors with what is stated.

Demo here: http://www.reeftalk.com/ubbthreads/gallery/index.php
Attachments
75524-Photopost-Integration.ZIP (0 Bytes, 36 downloads)

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
cool, thanks for the update

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
A little bit easier as stylesheets are used in Photopost now. I did not need to replace every global call. Plus Michael used Threads stylesheets as a basis to work from so you only need to add about 6-7 new classes to every stylesheet.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]omegatron said:
Plus Michael used Threads stylesheets as a basis to work from so you only need to add about 6-7 new classes to every stylesheet. [/]

thumbsup

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
try 'waytogo'

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
It is very beneficial that Michael is a threads user

Hacker
Hacker
Dont think "they" havent tried to convert me (the VB crowd makes up a very large part of PP's customer base!)

But I'm a dyehard Threads fan, so......

Giving props, though; VB does have alot of the "little" things I would love to see in Threads: Ignore User, Detailed Signup Page, PHP tags, EDIT Thread which lets you pick which posts to delete or keep all in one page (and delete means delete, not replace with holder!) and is about $70 cheaper, among other things.

Yes very much so. There are alot of benefits for us that he is so. Alot easier this time as I did not have to go change all the hardcoded GLOBAL COLOR CALLS. Though you do need to add those CSS classes to every stylesheet you use.

Yes Michael us diehard Threads fans I actually own both products yet have never used VB in a production forum. Only test forums. There are features I would like to have for Threads but no matter what features VB has I have never switched from using Threads.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Michael Rocks!

Hacker
Hacker
Thanks for the props guys; knowing you guys work as hard as I do makes that even nicer!

I'm hoping we can spur an even bigger Threads involvement (i.e. need to get more Threads users using the product!); if only InfoPop would return our calls! lol

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
he he

The integration has gotten alot better between the 2, really. It's been great.

It's come a long way since you hacked/integrated my first copy for me.

We now have 16,000 photos. We'd have had more, but I lost a few thousand in a hard drive crash last month.

I like the new version of Photopost for the reason stated before. The first integration involved changing every global color call YUCK!! So much easier. I can't wait till Michael does the templating of HTML for Photopost. I do not know if this is still on target for his original 3.4 version. I do not beleive it is but whichever version it will be a great addition for customization issues.

Hacker
Hacker
I've decided to hold off a little bit on templates; we're getting alot of flack from our users over stylesheets and I've had to focus on making a GUI for that (and making it easier).

3.4 has alot of rewritten code (as well as improved Threads integration), mostly behind the scenes stuff that will make hacking easier. I'm not planning alot of new features; not yet anyways.

Well the hacking as you can see with this one is pretty simple as over half the changes are only XHTML compliance issues with some font tags left over when you coded it.

The only hacking to get it to do the integration I did if you saw was to include main.inc.php and call the tablewrappers and replace tablecalls with the $tbopen $tbclose variables. This was to allow people who use tablewrappers like myself and others to make use this feature. I also replaced your stylesheet call with the Threads fstyle variable. There is about 6-7 new CSS classes to add to every Threads stylesheet. Pretty simple a hack only took me the time to sit down and do it. If you plan on making it easier than that YOU DA MAN. Pretty simple now but I will welcome easier any day of the week. With each new version you make my job easier.

Oh well I guess I will have to wait for templates. If you need any help let me know. That is more my area anyway as I am more a hacker than a coder. I think I can safely say that everybody here at ThreadsDev appreciates your devotion to Threads and your tireless work at making Photopost the best Gallery software out there.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Definately.

Addict
Addict
Templates can wait a bit, since at least with CSS it is 1000x easier to get the two pieces of software to look alike, even if not quite as easy as a full template system

Thanks for all of the hard work Michael

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I know this may not be the place, (please forgive me) but I was wondering if any thought was taken for moving photos from one member to another? Case in point: Before I purchased PhotoPost, I used another image gallery which did not use a member function, and many pics were sent to me via snail mail for me to scan up. So, when I started using photopost, I did an upload from my database. All went well, except all the photos are showing as contributed by me, when in fact they were submitted by my users. I would like to move them from my album and assign them to the appropriate member/owner. Has anyone done a hack for this, or Michael have you thought of implementing this functionality? I still get photos sent to me for scanning because they don't own a scanner or digital camera, but they do have a pc to visit the web site. (It's a fishing site, with a lot of anglers who just want to fish and are computer illiterate. ) If not, could you tell me how I can do this thru mysql?

The only way right now to do this that I know of is to go into the database and edit the photo's via PHPMyAdmin and change the usernumber and username.

Hacker
Hacker
You'd also have to change the name of the file since the userid is included in the filename....

Good point did not catch that one.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yeah....

I had a hacked integrated version way back.... and the usernumber shift when threads increased everyone's user number by one, really screwed me (and thousands of photos).

They would display with the wrong username.
My ultimate solution was to look up the username from the threads database, and hack a solution so if the pic was before my upgrade date, to subtract a number from the usernumber.

Sort of gets me by, at least the photos display the right username, but photos pre my disasterous upgrade aren't really searchable by username etc...

LOL
All that was to say, there isn't an easy way to change the user number of a photo because of the way they are named.

Yes as pointed out there are 3 steps involved. Change the username userid and file name to the proper usernumber file name. Pain and alot of work. Not bad if you have a few photo's but when you have alot oh boy.

I am not even going to relive my horrors. I have gone through 3 major Photo Galleries and only one had a real good import script. That is something Photopost lacks. Most of my photo's bear my name since when I upgraded to Photopost I uploaded them from the old program.

Hacker
Hacker
I was working on an import script for Gallery; but got distracted. Also had an import scipt for ImageFolio going, but that got put on hold as well.

Might be a good time to go back and look at those again.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Ouch. Sounds like I have my work cut out for me. I guess I'll do that after I get everything upgraded to the latest release of threads and PP. I've been trying to upgrade for a month now and still haven't had time to do it yet.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Chuck,

A couple or minor issues:

Line 45:
Code
<br />$stylesheet = "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/ubbthreads/stylesheets/$fstyle.css";<br />

can be changed to
Code
<br />$stylesheet= "{$config['stylepath']}/$fstyle.css";<br />

and line 1510
Code
<br /><link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"/usr/local/apache/htdocs/ubbthreads/stylesheets/$fstyle.css\" type=\"text/css\" /><br />

can be changed to
Code
<br /><link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"{$config['stylepath']}/$fstyle.css\" type=\"text/css\" /><br />

Also you can pass a text string in the $html -> send_header("My Site's photo gallery", $Cat, 0, $user); to make it a bit more consistent with your site.

Nikos
LOL Yeah Nikos Thanks. I forgot when I did a file compare to edit for the hard coded variable additions. I updated the first post.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Is there a trick to using diff files.

I've never gotten them to work and usually end up rewriting the mod.

Am I missing a way that makes them easy to understand?

I never can copy and paste lines as I get weird HTML characters.

Yeah I was completely lost when Dave Lozier released the calendar mod like that. I had no problem if I pulled up the html files copying and pasting lines with extra characters.

In any rate the mod itself is only the tbopen and tbclose variables as well as the tablewrapper call and main.inc.php call. Everything else is simply XHTML changes since Photopost seems to be carrying problems around like alot of double font close tags and font tags without close etc etc.

If you really think it is super hard using the diff reports I could write it up the old way. Saved alot of time though using beyong compare reports. Especially since most people use it.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I was able to figure it out.... I just wondered if because I use the mac and don't have "beyond compar" if I was missing out on a super-easy automatic way to use them.

It did make more sense as I figured out that the one column was the new line numbers.

But everyone else pretty much just looks at them and makes the changes from there?

Would be cool to feed them to beyond compare and poof the changes would be made.

Yes it would. Ah so thats why you had such a problem. Your a MAC dude and don't get to use beyond compare.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
So if I download and install beyond compare on my PC.... does it read those diff files and do it automatically?

Kahuna
Kahuna
It will read any files (even pictures) and it will tell you where the differences lie. With a simple right mouse click you can copy line(s) from one file to another. BC cuts upgrade times a lot

Nikos
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes, I know that. My BBEdit does that on the mac. Thats what I use to upgrade.

But can I feed it omegatron's diff files and let it make those changes?
I find the diff files tough to read and you can't copy and past from them easily.

I wondered if I was doing it the hard way.

Nothing is automatic. Beyond Compare difference files make it alot easier as line numbers are marked and a few clicks and your done. I remember when I was using UBB classic there was some program that did that however I never liked that and usually went back to manually coding things.

Still with the difference report without beyond compare it should be a bit better than a normal typed up hack as all line numbers are included. Simply pull up the html in your browser and edit the lines stated with an editor that displays line numbers. I never did get used to using MAC'S so I do not know what bbedit is.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I've never used BC diff reports, I'll try it out

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Dave Lozier threw me for a loop when he used them for the calendar mod but I saw how easy it was when I got the hang of it.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
BBEdit is just like beyond compare. Text Editor for programming and it compares files and folders. Shows you the differences and you can click to copy one side to the other.

My problem with the diff reports is that once I added the new lines or made edits. None of the line numbers matched up anymore.... so it became difficult to find where I was supposed to change next.

Then it was difficult to copy and paste. I think the strike through created special characters between each word when I copied and pasted, then it was broken between multiple lines.

Maybe I need to look around. If there were an option to also show me the original line numbers in BBEdit, then it would probably be doable. But otherwise as soon as you edit, the line numbers were all off. After a handfull of edits, and without the ability to copy and paste, I was hard pressed to find where I needed to be. So I ended up re-creating the mod from scratch.

But I got it to work.
Just wondered if I was taking the difficult route, or if the diff reports were as good as they got.

If beyond compare would create the standard text file that you can copy and paste from which said "find this:", "replace with this:" that would be best.

Maybe I should try next time on the PC and see if it lets me copy and paste from diff reports.

Okay I got ya the orginals come with BC but there are about 5 different reports one can do with or without line numbers etc. Maybe someone with more experiece can say what are the best reports to use.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'll download beyond compare and play as well. I'm sure I'm missing the obvious on this end. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63