Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kahuna
Kahuna
Mod Name / Version: Contact Management System 1.1

Description: Allows users to store more information (Address, City, Zip Code, Phone number, Country etc) making the threads act like a contact management system

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.3

Mod Status: Finished

Any pre-requisites: None

Author(s): dimopoulos

Date: 04/27/03

Credits: ThreadsDev

Files Altered: editbasic.php, editbasic.tmpl, showflat.php, showflat.tmpl, showthreaded.php, showthreaded.tmpl, showprofile.php, showprofile.tmpl

New Files: countries folder with images for every country attached. New countries table

Database Altered: Yes

Info/Instructions: Please report any problems you might have and I'll try to fix them as soon as possible.

NOTE: We are going to alter the database table so backup your database and your files! Better safe than sorry!

Installation as well as necessary files for this mod are in the attached zip file

Attachments
77897-UBB CMS 1.1.zip (0 Bytes, 106 downloads)

Last edited by dimopoulos; 07/14/2003 4:27 PM.

Nikos
Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
I am trying to install this on 6.2.3...

Step 5.5 of the instructions for this mod shows a change that has to be made to the changebasic.php file, however the line(s) that the instructions say to change do not seem to be in that file...

Also, the changebasic.php is not listed as one of the files that get modified...

Have the installation instructions been properly updated for 6.2?

Anyone know what's going on with this?

Thanks,

Mark

Kahuna
Kahuna
Mark, I have replied to your pm. I will update the instructions - there is indeed an error.

Nikos
Has this been tested with 6.3?

Addict
Addict
It works on my site running 6.3.

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
Yes it does. Actually there are some differences between 6.2 and 6.3 which I will change very soon in the instructions. At the moment the instructions work for 6.3

Nikos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Working good on my v6.3. Thanks for your work on this one.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Just to let everyone know I have updated the modification. There was a subsection in the instructions that was missing - editbasic.tmpl - and some typos. For some reason I picked up the wrong file to upload

Nikos
I ran into a problem installing this hack to a 6.3 board. When my hacked editbasic.php is uploaded I get the following error while trying to edit my profile through my home:
Code
 SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT U_LoginName,U_Password,U_Email,U_Fakeemail,U_Name,U_Signature,U_Homepage,U_Occupation,U_Hobbies,U_Location,U_Bio,U_TextCols,U_TextRows,U_Extra1,U_Extra2,U_Extra3,U_Extra4,U_Extra5,U_Picture,U_Visible,U_AcceptPriv,U_OnlineFormat,U_PicHeight,U_PicWidth,U_Sex,U_Address,U_City,U_ZipCode,U_Country_Location,U_Country_Origin,U_Phone,U_Mobile,U_ShowAddress,U_ShowPhone FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Number = '4'<br />Unknown column 'U_ShowAddress' in 'field list'<br />Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/wwwtsbiu/public_html/iBASE/mysql.inc.php on line 131 

It also says "We could not find your profile 'Iceman':

If I upload a clean copy, it doen't give me the errors. The fields are there, but changes don't stick.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Slayer, the database query was missing two fields. You need to run this:

ALTER TABLE w3t_users
ADD U_ShowAddress CHAR( 3 ) DEFAULT 'no' NOT NULL,
ADD U_ShowPhone CHAR( 3 ) DEFAULT 'no' NOT NULL;

to complete your installation. These two fields allow the address and phone information to be shown or not to all users (admins are not affected by this).

Nikos
Sponsored Links
Thanks dimopoulos. That query corrected the sql problem I was having. Now I have another problem. I can put my info in the fields but not all of the fields display thier contents in the user profile. Both of the contry indicators work, but the address, phone, city, and zip code fields are all blank. I have selected yes to display my address and phone info. When I go back into edit, the fields are still holding my info and displaying it there. I don't know what it could be.

Josh, I don't see the Contact Management system implemented in your site. It just had the standard fields to edit.

Okay, another problem. In showthreaded, it displays a red x for the the country and points to:

https://www.theiconsortium.com/iBASE/images/countries/us.png

Why would it point to a .png?
I don't see any country indicator for show flat. Hmmm.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Let me have a look at it Slayer. That one is a problem though in the showthreaded.php. It should be a .gif and not .png

I was experimenting with file sizes and looking which ones are the best ones - png or gif so I guess that one was left

I guess I need to re-install it on my test board step by step and reupdate all the instructions.

Nikos
Kahuna
Kahuna
Slayer, the profile query wasn't picking up the fields. I have updated the first post (attachment). That should do it.

Thanks for the bug spotting

Nikos
Thanks for the for replying and fixing it so quick.
I like the mod. I'll update my showprofile.php

I downloaded the new attatchment. I now have the following problem. When I try to view in threaded mode I get the following error:
Code
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_SL, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/wwwtsbiu/public_html/iBASE/templates/default/showflat.tmpl on line 150

Also, the city, zip and address still aren't showing up in showprofile.
Any Ideas?

Kahuna
Kahuna
You are trying to look at the threaded view yet the error comes up on the showflat template... Is this correct?

I have corrected the showprofile issue and uploaded a new version. Your changes should concentrate only in the query of the showprofile.php script.

Nikos
Oops, sorry. It happens when trying to view in flat mode. Threaded works without any problem. I'm going to try the changes to show profile.

I made the changes. Now has the following error:
-----
Warning: error_log(/home/wwwtsbiu/public_html/iBASE/backups/20030714_mysql.log) [function.error-log]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home/wwwtsbiu/public_html/iBASE/mysql.inc.php on line 205
SQL ERROR: Mon, Jul 14 2003 20:29:54 -0400 Database error only visible to forum administrators

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/wwwtsbiu/public_html/iBASE/mysql.inc.php on line 131
----
Then below the header it says:
We cannot proceed.
This user is no longer in our database.

Edit: Wideposter!

Last edited by JoshPet; 07/14/2003 7:41 PM.
Okay, I'm a little slow. I just figured out how to view the MySQL error logs. I had left this to the wayside while I tackled other things. I've now got my 6.3.1 test board installed. I am attempting to get this installed. I am close enough to almost taste it. I am getting the same error as above when trying to view profile. In the error log it says U_BirthMonth does not exist. If I pull it and the other U_Birth* out the country fields come out of the profile and data get put in the wrong place.

Link to my board
http://www.theiconsortium.com/test/devboard/

To get past the security:
Username: tester
Pass: test

Login to threads:
Username: jim
Pass: kirk

Kahuna
Kahuna
I had a look at it slayer and it brings up errors whenever you try to view a user. Can you please create an admin account and PM me with the info? I need to have a look at your DB.

Nikos
Done, and done.

I've finally got this working!!

I've attatched a new copy of the instructions. I pulled an errant character out of the sql query, corrected a place in generic.php where it was calling the wrong varible, fixed some typos, and changed up some places to make it easier to search for the lines of code you are replacing.

I didn't make any changes to account for the birthday hack though. Not sure what the sql commands would be.
Attachments
91488-CMS1.1.txt (0 Bytes, 44 downloads)

This working on the 6.4? looks like a great mod

I haven't even started hacking 6.4beta files yet. Everytime I think about this one I go Ug.

[]Smilesforu said:
This working on the 6.4? looks like a great mod [/]

With permission, I'll probably include this with my search members mod for 6.4... when I port it.

Hoping to get started on that soon. Should be easily incorporated into a single mod, since mine relies almost entirely on this one.

Any progress on this one?

Not on my end. With the holidays, travelling, and lack of enough hours in a day... I'm only getting a couple things done each night on my upgrade to 6.4.

Once my 6.4 is upgraded and hacked, I'm tackling this first thing. Probably 2nd week of the new year. I'll be spending this coming weekend trying to finish my upgrade.

Cool, thanks for the update.

Has anyone tested this on 6.4 yet?

Kahuna
Kahuna
New version for 6.5 of this modification can be found here

Nikos

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849