Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Old Hand
Old Hand
also heres a hint. If your including a program in this page ala require you may wanna change the $config= to anything else see mine a few pages back because if there is a $config in that program it will not work as intended..

Sponsored Links
Will do - I had a number of old Generic Pages, but I think they are versions long before this one (they do not have the Menu information on em...but the recent version does).

I had modified them to work with the current setup, but taking this Generic Page version and changing the one or two variables worked fine for me. No issues at all.

Lurker
Lurker
I'm having trouble getting this to work for me. It always says I'm not logged in. I think it is cookie-related, but I'm not a huge threads expert or anything.

We have threads running on bbs.blahblahblah.com and the generic page on blahblahblah.com -- both share the same file system, so I can use require(), but threads and the main site essentially run on two separate servers. Do I need to move threads over to the main site, or is there some change I can make to get this to work?

I hope that made a little sense...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Well the cookie would be domain specific - so the cookie would only work on bbs.blahblahblah.com (note that bbs.blahblahblah.com and www.blahblahblah.com are different domains from a cookie standpoint). You'll probably have to put this inside of your threads directory for it to work if you are using a subdomain like that. Or do some deeper modification to get the cookies to work domain wide.

Here is an odd one. I am integrating another script that shares the same MySQL DB as Threads...and am using the above Generic Threads page as a "wrapper".

I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/medar/public_html/ubbt.inc.php on line 1779

Which is this section, with line 1779 bolded:
[] // -----------------------------------------------------------------
// We are automatically adding StyleSheet, Status, Privates and
// FrontPage and Number to each SQL call because this information is needed by
// every script that makes a call to authenticate
if ($Query != "*") {
if ($Query) { $Query .=","; }
$Query .= "U_Username,U_Password,U_SessionId, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Number, U_Banned";
}
$Uid = addslashes(${$config['cookieprefix']."w3t_myid"});

$query = "SELECT $Query FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Users WHERE U_Number = '$Uid'";
$sth = $dbh -> do_query($query);
$thisuser = $dbh -> fetch_array($sth);
$dbh -> finish_sth($query);[/]

Any idea what would cause that? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
debug it by putting some odd characters here

[]
$query = "SELECT $Query FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Users WHERE U_Number = '$Uid' <insert odd charceter>";
[/]

then look at the select that is trying to pass.. if it doesn't look like a good formatted select then it may cause this error. Also $Query == $query on some servers so I would advise to use something else for the $Query something like $Myquery instead of the $Query

Lurker
Lurker
Any quick way to find what forumns/groups the user has access to. I only want certain users that have access to a specific group to be able to see this page I'm making.

Since upgrading from 6.4.1 to 6.4.2, we seem to have some issues with the user variables somehow.

We do the following. At top of the generic page:

$userob = new user;
$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_Groups");

At the page itself for a search function:

$variable = $user['U_Username'];

Somehow the search does not work anymore and so far I can't seem to locate what may cause the issue here.

Thank you a lot for any possible hint.

Best greetings,
Robert

Edit:
No solution, but the cause of the problem is "register globals off". Turning it to on for testing made it making work again (same as the link database). After turning it to on though it stopped working off course again :-)

Last edited by Calimerion; 04/24/2004 2:16 PM.
Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmmm only issues I ever found was that sometimes the scripts I used to call from it had the same config command so I had to change threads config to config_threads and at the end change it back..

Power User
Power User
* I want to integrate my whole site into my threads setup, but the task of creating a .php and .tmpl for each of the hundreds of pages in my site is daunting. I tried to make a generic page with a frameset in it to call my sites pages into the frame, but framesets and frames don't seem to work inside the generic.tmpl page. Any thoughts? =/

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
You shouldn't have to create a .tmpl page, just name the generic.php file anything.php you want and set the $threadspath correctly.

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
The only reason you really need the .tmpl version is if these will be in your threads directory and you want to be able to edit them from your Threads control panel. Though since you're talking about your whole site, you don't need the templated version. Just copy and past all the code from each .html file into the indicated area in the generic.php file and rename it to whatever you want. And as Allen said, set $threadspath correctly.

Power User
Power User
* WHen you say "set the threadspath correctly", what is correctly? For example, the current threadspath is /home/value/public_html/ubbthreads right now. If I just put the desired code into the webpage.php page, and wanted to skip using a template, what would I change that threadspath to? =/

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
You would use your current threads path for all generic pages + the forum. It's a universal setting basically, and for all intents and purposes wouldn't need changing unless you moved to a new host.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63