Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Mod Name / Version: Photopost Integration Version 3

Description: This modification allows UBBThreads and Photopost to be a seamless integrated product. It pulls the Threads headers and stylesheet around Photopost allowing your site to flow flawlessly.

Working Under: UBB.Threads 6.2-6.3

Mod Status: Finished

Any pre-requisites: Must own UBBThreads and Photopost.

Author(s): Omegatron

Date: 05/31/03

Credits: Gardener for help with a Global file option so I could get the new admin frameset to display.

Files Altered: adm-inc.php, comments.php, editphoto.php, reportphoto.php, showphoto.php, showgallery.php, pp-inc.php, index.php, uploadphoto.php

New Files: None

Database Altered: No

Info/Instructions: Backup your files before modifing!!!!!

I feel pretty confident of this mod being finished. It has been around for a couple of versions of each product with no known bugs other than application error of the modification.

One known issue was related to a server issue not allowing the tbopen and tbclose variables to be read.

Many people have expressed hardship in reading Beyond Compare reports as I have always done to save time with the intense changes that need to be done. I have taken the extra time and done away with those and made a normal txt file for all to follow.

Disclaimer: Please backup every file that you intend to modify.
If the modification modifies the database, it's a good idea to backup your database before doing so.

Note: If you modify your UBB.Threads code, you may be giving up your right for "official" support from Infopop.If you need official support, you'll need to restore unmodified files.

Attachments
82531-photopost-integration.txt (0 Bytes, 248 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Chuck - is this just for PP4?

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
It should be backward compatible for version 3.3 but just incase there is still the version 2 mod which were made for it. The code of this hack has not changed through the versions. The reason it should be compatable backward compatable with 3.3 is easy. 3.3 uses the class calls already just like 4.0. 3.2 is totally different as it still used the Global color calls from the photopost admin section so you would be looking for entirely different text.

The main reason I posted this was this:

1)Photopost released there new version today.

2)Many people had difficulty reading the Beyond Compare difference reports which was mainly laziness on my part having to cut and paste exact code from 8-9 different files as this is a rather lengthy integration.

There is one main difference with this version over the others. Version 4 of Photopost has a new frameset in the admin section. There is a new global statement to exclude two admin files from the hack to disallow the header so the admin frameset will load and also a minor alteration to one admin file for specifying stylesheet to use for the excluded files as a purely cosmetic issue.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
thanks Chuck

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Oh Yeah I had real fun with the FRAMESET Thanx to Gardener for putting me on track with GLOBAL EXCLUDES.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Thanks Chuck!

FYI - the issue with the tbopen and tbclosed not working I believe it solved by turning off Zlib compression in either threads or photopost. You can Zlib compress stuff twice.... I think that's where the problems were.

Cool Glad to hear it was solved. I guess you mean you CAN'T use zlib compression twice.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Oops - yes, you can't compress the stuff twice.

If PP is using compression and trying to send compressed threads headers - you don't get any output. You, me and Allen strugged over that one for quite a while once.

Yep I am glad you figured that one out.

My latest fun was getting the new admin frameset to display as this hack interrupted that until the framset was excluded.

Addict
Addict
Awesome hack Chuck, one of the biggest things I've needed to do to my site to get the look I wanted

Everything seems to be working great, except one tiny little detail. See the attached photo... notice the threads menu bar at the top and how it doesn't have a border around the text.

For some reason, all of the PP items, noted with the red arrow, have a box or button look to them. Just trying to figure out how to get rid of those
Attachments
85274-almostthere.jpg (0 Bytes, 43 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Jeremy quite literaly that is the HTML coding and not this hack for the short answer. I beleive that is your tablesurround on the Threads TBOPEN AND TBCLOSE variables. Match that color and see. Try modifying your variables in tbopen.tmpl

The class for the menu and menu2 variables is set in pp-inc.php and thus has no tbopen and tbclose tags around it and will not do this. Hense you notice that border is around any table that calls the wrappers.

Addict
Addict
I figured it out.. but it isn't because of tbopen and close, it is a conflict with the menubar class. For example, here is my .menubar settings:

Code
.menubar{ <br />background-color: #336699; <br />border-color: #C0CAE2 #24278E #24278E #C0CAE2; <br />border-style: solid; <br />border-width: 1px; <br />color: #ffffff; <br />font-size: 11px; <br />font-weight: normal; <br />}

Now.. notice the border-color, this makes the left and top borders the light color, and the bottom and right dark, to produce the 3D effect you can see in that image I attached above, look at the threads menubar and you see how it works.

The problem is, it seems as if the class=menubar is being called twice in the photopost menu, the first one makes the whole box look like it should, as you can see. But then it looks like this class is also being called for the table that holds the nav links.

So if people aren't using this CSS effect, it looks fine, so that's why it probably hasn't been noticed before I don't know if this is something you want to address, as it probably affects only myself right now, but if not, could you point me to the right file(s) to try and change this? Would be appreciated Thanks!

Addict
Addict
Actually, I guess I'm not as stupid as I thought, I'm picking up on this hacking stuff a bit better I fixed it by changing this in pp-inc.php

Code
Find: <br /> <br /> <br />    $menu = "<font class=\"menubar\">"; <br />    $menu2 = "<font class=\"menubar\">"; <br /> <br /> <br />Replace with: <br /> <br /> <br />    $menu = "<font class=\"\">"; <br />    $menu2 = "<font class=\"\">"; <br />

Or if you want, just make a new class for the photopost menu, but I found just simply taking the class out of it causes it to display properly

EDIT:

Also noticed one more spot this can be changed if you're having problems, in index.php:

[]</td><td align="right" class="menubar"><b>{$Globals['pp_lang']['keywords']}  </b></td><td><input type="radio" name="stype" value="2">
</td><td align="right" class="menubar"><b>{$Globals['pp_lang']['username']}  </b></td><td align="right">
<input type="text" name="si" style="font-size: 8pt;" size="15" value="" />
<input type="submit" value="Search" style="font-size: 9pt;" />
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="6" align="right" class="menubar">[/]

Just remove the menubar, or replace with a special ppmenubar class you make, and everything should work fine

Last edited by Jeremy; 06/17/2003 9:10 AM.
Addict
Addict
Hmm.. this is going to take longer than I had thought. The index page looks great, but there are quite a few other areas that I need to work on.

Most importantly, which I find very odd, is showmembers.php. Every other PP page the photopost menu looks correct. But for some reason showmembers.php isn't. So because the menubar class was removed from pp-inc.php, the links on that page are completely invisible as the table isn't assigned any class Why only that script? I dunno.

Actually Jeremy the easiest thing to do is assign tdheader instead of MENUBAR. I did not change any CSS classes Michael assigned in Photopost. This hack does what it is suppose to do. CSS can be a tricky thing and change from site to site. I really have no control over what people put in their I can assist with resolving specific problems though.

Showmembers.php I will need to look at Michael finally worked on that I guess. It used to be a purely Threads script.

Addict
Addict
Its cool, I got it all taken care of (although took about 4 hours with my limited skills ) But what I ended up doing was just creating a new class for those problematic menu items, then going through and replacing the parts that needed to be replaced.

I thought about just using the tdheader, but I kinda liked the blue of the menubar instead

As far as showmembers, I just took part of the menu code that was used for showgallery, and replaced some junk that was in there and it seemed to work

So everything should be all squared away. I just hope photopost doesn't release a new version again until it comes with built in threads CSS matching

LOL The CSS classes you added to every threads stylesheet match the ones listed in Threads. What is funny is you commented on the border pixels on menubar. Well I have them as well but it is a non-issue as if you set them to your darktable class it match's If you view mine you see what I mean. Showmember.php is easy I will add that to the instructions. Never had to worry about that one before as it was a threads script.

Addict
Addict
Ahh.. lordy lordy, I suppose that could have been avoided if they matched the darktable. But oh well, sometimes you have to learn things the hard way, lol. It was good to poke around and be forced to learn more though

I guess that's what I get for giving up coffee..

No you can't give up coffee

Addict
Addict
I know, it seems impopssible, but I was reading that high caffine intake really slows your metabolism down.. so combine that with working from home... you get the idea.

So since it is summer and warm out, I gave up my daily pot of coffee in the morning, and am avoiding all soda beverages. Although.. I think right now it is making me loose my mind

After installation I recieved this error:

"Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: html in /home/virtual/site101/fst/var/www/html/test/photopost/pp-inc.php on line 30"

Any idea where's the mistake ?

What is line 30 of your pp-inc.php??

Off hand I would check also first to see if you set the proper path to main.inc.php

Haha... yes indeed... it was the path

Sorry for bothering

Not a bother at all kinda figured it had to be the path at line 30

Kahuna
Kahuna
I have a problem with my integration. For some reason the admin area kinda disappeared. When I look at the source of the page it gives me the frames page and nothing else. I thought that it was an issue with the headers but when I removed the headers from the photopost admin index file it didn't work....

In other circumstances I wouldn't mind but creating a new category by hand is a real pain...

Really baffled :S

Nikos
Nikos double check the admin files. There are three admin files which are modified. You need to make sure path's to stylesheets etc etc are set. I would look there first. If you can't find the problem contact me privately and we will see whats going on.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Thanks Chuck. I have been meaning to do that (check the files) but never had the time to do it. I will do so though now and if I am not successful I will give you a shout.

Nikos
Yeah maybe you upgraded to 4.0.1 and forgot to reapply the hacks to the 3 admin files thats my guess if you did upgrade as I assume from your post it originally worked but now isn't.

Kahuna
Kahuna
Yes I didn't change any admin files other than the adm-index.php. I will find the relevant thread and sort it out. Thanks again Chuck.

Nikos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Awesome hack Omegatron. Thanks for the good work. There is one thing though regarding the table colors. If you take a look at http://www.fish-tails.net/photopost/index.php there's only one table cell with a dark background. Is this correct or do I have something wrong with my stylesheet?

Looks like you forgot to add or set the tdnothumbs class to me. This is set the same as tdheader.

Now personally I like to have MAIN up top for aestetic purposes. When the class is properly set you can see here what it looks like.

http://www.reeftalk.com/ubbthreads/gallery/index.php

Hacker
Hacker
I have 4.1 ready for BETA. PhotoPost with TEMPLATES!

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery for a preview.

Cool something for me to play with and integrate.

Hacker
Hacker
I'll email you a copy of the BETA1.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
WHOO HOO - TEMPLATES!!

Cool thats Great Michael. Should be easy and I can use ReviewPost as a template.

Coder
Coder
witch version of Photopost ist needed ? normal one or Pro ? The pro version seems a little bit expensive to me. I allready use 'Coppermine' http://www.chezgreg.net/coppermine/

The only thing I miss is a feature to connect Coppermine with UUBt.

Photopost is coded to interact with Threads. I doubt Coppermine has that ability. You might be able to hire a developer to do that but I doubt it would cost you less than buying Photopost. The version you want is Pro.

Addict
Addict
did someone say templates? WOOHOO!

Addict
Addict
I think i'll have to get a copy of photopost when 4.1 is ready.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63