Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes, somewhere along the line - the actual query text was changed making that $Totalposts = $user['U_Totalposts'] + 1 bit in the code kind of redundant - except for figuring out the next title they get.

HERE is how it's done. ;0

In addpost.php

Find this:
Code
<br />      $Totalposts = $user['U_Totalposts'] + 1;<br />

Change to this:

Code
<br />if ($Board == "whateverkeyword") {<br />     $Totalposts = $user['U_Totalposts'];<br />} else {<br />     $Totalposts = $user['U_Totalposts'] + 1;<br />}<br /><br /><br />Then in the query - find this line:<br />[code]<br />        SET    U_Totalposts = U_Totalposts + 1,<br />

And change to this:
Code
<br />        SET    U_Totalposts = $Totalposts,<br />

If you need to exclude more than one forum from post counts, then you'd need to alter the if line:
Code
<br />if (($Board == "whateverkeyword") || ($Board == "thatkeyword")) {<br />

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hurray! Now it works!

Thanks!

[]slayer60 said:
I *think* that should be right. This is totally untested, my skillz are...limited, and I haven't applied this myself. [/]
Like I said...limited.

Since I'm not a huge fan of hard coding things like this, in case I wanted to add another board later, I took this one step farther.

Code
 <br /><br />   // ------------------------<br />   // Up their totalposts by 1 unless it's a specified board<br />	if (stristr(",{$config['no_post_count']},",",$Board,")) {<br />		$Totalposts = $user['U_Totalposts'];<br />		$CurrTitle  = $user['U_Title'];<br />		$Color      = $user['U_Color'];<br />	}<br />    	else {<br />    		$Totalposts = $user['U_Totalposts'] + 1;<br />		$CurrTitle  = $user['U_Title'];<br />		$Color      = $user['U_Color'];<br />	}<br /> 

no_post_count is set in my admin config, with 3 boards being used, as follows:

Code
 <br />$config['no_post_count'] = 'testinggrounds,guildarchive,test';<br /> 

I thought this had been released as an "official" mod and spent a lot of time looking for it. hehe

Guess someone could write it up and post it in there. I will probably do that if no one objects.

Addict
Addict

Sponsored Links
Am I right in saying that you will also be needing the conditional statement for the 'query' alteration? i.e. you will need to repeat the 'if' statement used to adjust $Totalposts?

So you will need to have the following code:
Code
<br />if ($Board == "whateverkeyword") {     <br />	$query = "<br />		UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}Users<br />		SET    U_Totalposts = U_Totalposts,<br />		U_Title      = '$UserTitle_q',<br />		U_LastOn = '$date',<br />		U_LastPostTime = '$date',<br />		U_LastPostIP = '$IP',<br />		U_LastPost = '$Mnumber'<br />		WHERE  U_Number   = '{$user['U_Number']}'<br />	";<br />} else {     <br />	$query = "<br />		UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}Users<br />		SET    U_Totalposts = U_Totalposts + 1,<br />		U_Title      = '$UserTitle_q',<br />		U_LastOn = '$date',<br />		U_LastPostTime = '$date',<br />		U_LastPostIP = '$IP',<br />		U_LastPost = '$Mnumber'<br />		WHERE  U_Number   = '{$user['U_Number']}'<br />	";<br />}<br />

Is this right?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63