Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[]Charles said:
dunno, it should add 2 fields, hm_userid and hm_emails [/]
The query I ran only added the hm_userid field. What am I missing here, I am going crazy !!!!

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Same here as well. The sql file that is in the UBB.Threads folder only adde dthe hm_userid field.
--EDIT--
Since you can use a query to replace vb_ with ubbt_, why not just add that to the hivemail.sql file, or at the very least put it in the instructions? It's a lot faster than manually finding and editing the templates from the Hivemail administration area. Just a suggestion

Last edited by donJulio; 08/16/2003 12:42 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
ok, so just use the same query but replace hm_userid with hm_emails

Don_Julio, in time I will do an install script for all the SQL stuff but right now I am in the middle of my exams if I posted the vb_ -> ubbt_ query in the forums it was only in order to help people who did not understand how to edit hivemail templates

Do you believe in love at first sight,
or should I walk by again?
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Ok. Adding that field hm_emails seems to have taken care of the SQL errors I was having as well as the cookie problems. However there are still problems. Fist I went into my profile to go to the editbasic.php file. However I didn't even get to the My Home (the login.php) because I got this error:
[]
Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/laondal/public_html/correo/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php on line 147

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_newmail() in /home/laondal/public_html/foros/ubbt.inc.php on line 1507 [/]

I'll double check the work I did on the ubbt.inc.php file, but there must be a problem with tht ubbthreads_plugin.php file in the /includes directory under correo (correo=mail in Spanish). We didn't have to edit this file so I must have come with the problem.

I logged out to register a new user (just to see if the option for a Hivemail email account) would appear, and it didn't. I got everything else, but at the top of the page was this error:
[] Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/laondal/public_html/correo/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php on line 147 [/]

The same error in the ubbthreads_plugin as before

---EDIT---
It seems I'm getting errors on every .php page that I edited. I clicked on a category to go to the ubbthreads.php page and this is all I got on the screen:
[] Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/laondal/public_html/correo/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php on line 147

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_newmail() in /home/laondal/public_html/foros/ubbthreads.php on line 25 [/] and nothing else . I looked at the ubbthreads_plugin and it looks like if whatever is wrong on line 147, it'll fix both errors. I think. I just don't know what the problem is on line 147 or how to fix it.

--EDIT #2 --
BTW, the read.email.php error I mentioned earlier also seems to have gone away when I added the hm_emails field to the Threads database

Last edited by donJulio; 08/16/2003 10:03 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
could you show me what line 147 is? I don't have access to anything here.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
[]Charles said:
could you show me what line 147 is? I don't have access to anything here.

thanks. [/]

Code
  <br />$sth = $dbh -> do_query("SELECT hm_userid FROM $config['dbserver'].{$config['tbprefix']}Users WHERE U_Number = $Uid");<br />

I think this was mentioned above and someone recommended to change $config['dbserver'] to {$config['dbserver']} and I have tried that and it didn't take the errors away. At least I am not the only one having problems

Veteran
Veteran
ok you do not have the latest version of the hack please download again

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I just downloaded this hack again and I still get the same error for line 147 of ubbthreads_plugin.php.

Veteran
Veteran
just by curiosity, you use 2 different databases but you have the same login and password for both correct?

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I didn't before, but I made sure that they were after reading the instructions in the mod.
---EDIT---
I think I may take a couple days off from this mod and try again later, perhaps Tuesday. In the meantime I'll see if there aren't any other mods that I need to install, since every other one I've finally got up and running correctly. FYI, I'm running the forums and the email on the modified databases w/o any problems, even though I'm using the versions of forums and email that aren't hacked for the Hivemail integration.

Last edited by donJulio; 08/17/2003 1:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Inquiring minds want to know.....

Has anyone, excluding Charles and Stefan, got this integration to work yet? I am really excited about it and am looking forward to using it, but I am still having problems. I am still a newbie at this hacking stuff, but it looks the the issues all lead back to the ubbthreads_plugin.php file.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Are you getting that same error that I am?

[]donJulio said:
Are you getting that same error that I am? [/]
EXACT errors. Must be something we're doing

Veteran
Veteran
ok guys, end of my exams so more time to help you. I need the EXACT error you are getting and not just only available to admins

if needed at the en ubbt.inc.php you have an option to show sql errors to everyone.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
At the moment I'm not getting any more SQL errors, now that I've added hm_emails to the w3t_Users table. The error that I got was one I've already mentioned above, on line 147 of the ubbthreads_plugin.php file. In a bit I'll be able to put up a link to the page w/ the errors.

[]Charles said:
ok guys, end of my exams so more time to help you. I need the EXACT error you are getting and not just only available to admins

if needed at the en ubbt.inc.php you have an option to show sql errors to everyone. [/]

Here are the errors I am getting:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/socaps/public_html/test/hivemail/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php on line 147

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_newmail() in /home/socaps/public_html/test/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php on line 1485

and

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/socaps/public_html/test/hivemail/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php on line 147

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: update_newmail() in /home/socaps/public_html/test/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php on line 25

and

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/socaps/public_html/test/hivemail/includes/ubbthreads_plugin.php:147) in /home/socaps/public_html/test/ubbthreads/ubbt.inc.php on line 250

Any ideas?

fyi, the "test" folder is a sub domain http://test.socaps.com

Kahuna
Kahuna
BWilliams,

I got this mod to work and it works like a dream. If you want help, feel free to send me your files and I will check them with beyond compare and send them back to you. I often find myself not noticing a small typo which will throw things off.

I have sent you a PM with my email address.

Nikos
Kahuna
Kahuna
As for the last error you are getting I believe it has to do with the include/require directive. Try using require_once in the ubbt.inc.php file.

Nikos
Addict
Addict
I am going to try and attempt this one more time tonight. I took a few days off, so I should be ready to go at it again

Veteran
Veteran
so guys did it work out using require_once?

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I'm not sure about require_once. Nikos changed the ubbthreads_plugin.php file and I had to combine the two databases into two to get it to work. I am still having a bug though. When a new user signs up, they get an error on the adduser.php page. Then when the check the email account that they use in the signup (the one that the password gets sent to), the entire body of the message is:
[no message].

Also, I sent an email to the new Hivemail account created for this test user and they didn't get a PM style notification that there was new mail.

Veteran
Veteran
it would really help if you could give me the error they get.

as for the new email icon, the database is only refreshed when you visit front page or my home. I did this in order to reduce the number of queries.

Veteran
Veteran
so? no errors everything is fine? we can give it a finished status?

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I haven't finished yet. I took a break and recently integrated Photopost to my site(s). I'll get back to Hivemail this week. I don't know how Billy's site is coming along.

[]donJulio said:
I haven't finished yet. I took a break and recently integrated Photopost to my site(s). I'll get back to Hivemail this week. I don't know how Bobby's site is coming along. [/]
I have it up and running on my test site, but haven't had much time to play with it this last few days. I got some help from Nikos last week and he seemed to get it working, but I think there may still be some other issues with it.

BWilliams

Kahuna
Kahuna
The only thing that I haven't tested is different databases for hivemail and .threads. It appears that if you have them separate it doesn't work because the $options array seems to be empty - hence the query reading the settings fails. I will test this on my dev site and report back the findings.

Nikos
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
W/ Nikos' help I have this halfway working. Users can sign-up and get the new email account, or do it from their control panel. When they sign-up for the forums and the email account together, I get this error at the top of the adduser.php page:
[] Parse error: parse error in /home/laondal/public_html/foros/adduser.php(458) : eval()'d code on line 1 [/]
I checked out line 458 on the adduser.php script and this is what it looks like:
[] eval ("\$msg = "{$ubbt_lang['PASS_BODY']}";"); [/]
I say it halfway works because in spite of this error, users still get signed up to both systems. There is one big problem though. The email that gets sent to new users for the forums, the one that says someone from such-and-such IP has registered such-and-such username w/ such-and-such password is sent w/ no contents. I tested it out after trying the integration again and the body of this email message was:
[] [no message] [/]
That's a very bad thing I let my users pick their initial password, but if I didn't this would completely prohibit them from ever getting their password or perhaps account activated.

One other thing is the PM-style notifications don't seem to be working for me still, even when I visit my control panel. Do either of you (Bobby or Nikos) have this part working correctly?
BTW: As Nikos already mentioned, I had to merge the two databases into one to get this to work.

Veteran
Veteran
for the pm style notification stupid quetion but did you upload the image?

Code Monkey
Code Monkey

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I just checked Charles and the problem w/ the blank email message w/o a password seems to be (as far as I can tell) a problem w/ Threads. I went back to the non-hivemial integration version I was running (having just upgraded to 6.3.2) and the same thing happens. Strange because just to be sure I copied a virgin copy of adduser.php to the threads folder from a virgin (non-hacked) copy of threads I have on my hard drive. I wonder if it's a bug in threads? So I guess my real problem at the moment is the PM style notification?

BTW: How does the pm style notification work? Does it take you to the hivemail index page when you click on the newem.gif image while at the same time logging you into the mail program?

Veteran
Veteran
try installing a new version of threads on your server and see if you can't still get the email. maybe a hack is creating a conflict. Do you get the flashing PM indicator?

Do a test, 2 thing might be wrong.

Use PHP my admin and check the hm_email row in your profile if you have 0 make it 2 or whatever and see if you now have the flashing PM.

If you do then the problem is with the update routine.

If you have something else than 0 then the problem is with the flashing email routine (which is an exact copy of the PM one)

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Ok. I changed hm_emails from 0 to 3 and the PM indicator for new emails (newem.gif) did appear I clicked on it and it took me to the Hivemail index page. At least I know how that works now. So I guess the problems is as you said, in the update routine.

Veteran
Veteran
other question.

In your hm_userid did you enter your hivemail userid ? (the same number you have in your hivemail profile)

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Yeah. I'm hm_userid 3. I had asked you how to do this earlier, but I just visually edited the row for my user through PHPMyAdmin . If you want you can try it out yourself through my site:
http://www.laondalatina.com//foros/newuser.php?Cat=
Sign up for the forums as well as the email account and send yourself a test email. To get to the Hivemail folder, just click on Email in the top navigation bar

Journeyman
Journeyman
So.....?????

Are these issues all sorted out?

I would like to purchase HiveMail for the sole purpose of integrating it into my Threads but would like to know if these issues are resolved.

Also - are the email accounts created at the time of registration proprietary HiveMail accounts or are they standard format - meaning can they also be added to Outlook as an additional account?

One final thing - of those of you who have up and running HiveMail integration - would you allow me to "test drive" it before I drop $130 on the license? Maybe create a temporary account for trial?

Thank you,

Tom

Last edited by Tom_H; 09/04/2003 7:08 PM.
Addict
Addict
[]Tom_H said:
Also - are the email accounts created at the time of registration proprietary HiveMail accounts or are they standard format - meaning can they also be added to Outlook as an additional account?
[/]

No, at this time HiveMail doesn't have POP3 support. From what I've read, it is in the works.. but not currently, it is a webmail application right now.

Journeyman
Journeyman
[]Jeremy said:
[]Tom_H said:
[/]

No, at this time HiveMail doesn't have POP3 support. From what I've read, it is in the works.. but not currently, it is a webmail application right now. [/]

Outlook does support IMAP - just wondering if HiveMail uses some quirky interface for mail where Outlook would not be able to access it?

Any idea about the bugs/issues that the previous users addressed - resolved - user error - hack installs like a dream?

THX
tom

Addict
Addict
Still, hivemail won't be able to have people access it through external means (outlook, pocomail, eudora, etc...) Hivemail strictly runs via a webmail interface... where things are stored in a database, and actual email accounts are not created on the server. So the only way to check mail right now is via a web browser.

But like I said, they are working to release modules to allow people to check mail from their own mail programs, it is just they are not out yet, and they may an additional fee on top of the software if they are released.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Just so you know Charles, that adduser.php error I was getting was due to a bug I just discovered in the languages/spanish/adduser.php script. I just never noticed it until I tried the hivemail integration. Once I finished the integration I tried registering test users to make sure it was working and that's when I noticed the bug, and since I had edited adduser.php in the integration, I thought it was due to the mod. Not so! One less thing to worry about

Journeyman
Journeyman
I've decided to jump into this one.

This is going to be a fresh install of HiveMail so are there any suggestions as to the best way to set it up (fresh HiveMail that is) for the integration?

Is the recommendation to set up HiveMail with a mySQL DB of the same name and same password?

Suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

Tom

Last edited by Tom_H; 09/05/2003 12:29 AM.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849