Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#257290 08/21/2003 9:10 PM
Addict
Addict
I don't need pro, I think GMS would be fine. Omega or anyone working on a hack like the pro one to integrate GMS to use the same login and css, headers etc..?

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I would like that. I don't know that much about Photopost GMS. I've looked at their site and they don't mention whether there is a login system for the software. I'd like to be able to create galleries myself and have it so registered users (in the forums, i.e. integrated) who are logged in are the only ones who can see them. That would be very nice. I really don't see a need for users to be able to post comments on photos in the galleries. Member galleries would be nice, but they aren't a must.

Addict
Addict
I doubt it would take much to do it, just some time and thought. Thought I have, time.. LOL well I'm always working on others sites and not my own I keep talking myself out of it, but who knows I might buy it and play myself ..

- Custom Web Development
Hacker
Hacker
GMS doesn't have a login system (except for the Webmaster). GMS is more of a gallery package for webmasters - http://www.extremebikini.com/thegirls - a non-collaborative environment where the only photos are those uploaded by the webmaster.

The structure for the photos and categories is basically the same; so I would imagine that the integrations would probably work with just a little tweaking.

Considering the time it would take to develop an integrated login between GMS/Threads, you're just better off going with PRO if you want your users to upload photos and then turning off the features you dont want (like comments which can be turned off in the admin).

[GMS is really just a stripped down version of PRO, but the work to get GMS using a user login system is not trivial.]

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Thanks Michael. I guess I'll get PRO. I'm really happy to know that comments can be turned off.

Sponsored Links
Hacker
Hacker
In fact, they can be turned off on a per usergroup basis. You can also turn off comments, but leave ratings in place if you just want people to be able to rate photos.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Can I turn the ratings off also?

Hacker
Hacker
Yep.

JC,

I do not have GMS but if you contact me privately I might be able to help you integrate it. Rather easy I am sure.

Addict
Addict
Kewl..

The one thing that is hanging me up on it now, is it *appears* to not have a index page with categories etc.. am I right?

- Custom Web Development
Sponsored Links
No index with cats that I can see

Addict
Addict
Thought so, although I could make one simple enough using a threads wrapper I have. I just can't justify pro. It's a neat program but has anyone else noticed it's basically a re-arranged message board? wonder how long until a threads member creates their own

- Custom Web Development
Photopost is quite a bit more than a rearranged message board JC. The only board thing about it is comments

Addict
Addict
hehehehe

- Custom Web Development
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I'm not sure how to put this question. Basicly, does Photopost acknowledge different user groups from threads? I'm nowhere near needing this, but I'm brainstorming for the future and I want to know if it's possible to make it so some threads user groups can only see certain galleries. Also, I would like to be able to turn on/off the option to upload photos and/or have a member gallery to certain user groups (threads user groups). So basicly this is a user group thing. Is this taken care of in the Photopost/Ubbthreads integration? Because this combined w/ Josh&Dave's PayPal addon would be really cool

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
yes, photopost uses Threads groups- at measurection basically what I am using the paypal mod for is photo gallery access. But I use threads groups to do this.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Thanks Josh! Great minds think alike! I bet that's why you decided to write your PayPal addon (that and to make money, of course ). BTW, don't you get any sleep? It's almost midnight here in California.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
he he

I never sleep.

Actually JustDave is the brains behind it.... but I needed it for measurection so I commissioned JustDave to create it for me.

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Ah ha! You've made yourself invisible! Yes...very sneaky!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Ah I was - had a real busy week and sometimes do that when I gotta get stuff done. I'm back to the land of the living.

Addict
Addict
Well, after much lost sleep and a few experlatives, I have it installed and running! Working on integrating it to threads now..

Thanks for the Tip Omegatron

- Custom Web Development
No Problem Looks good what you have done so far.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849