Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I have had a few emails lately from people trying to register telling me it sends them an email with no password. I have it set so they can set their own if they choose as well so I have been instructing them on how but not sure why this is happening?

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
If they are yahoo, hotmail or the like... usually automated email goes into the "spam" or "junk" folder. So these people often think they don't get it as they don't check there often.

Beyond that, there's really no mail settings in Threads. It's all defined in php so you'd have to check server error logs to see why email might not be getting sent out.

But 90% of the time.... it's spam filters. Or if you allow yahoo or hotmail accounts..... sooooooo many of those bounce back as their accounts are full/over quota. Alot of people use "throw away" accounts to sign up for stuff online.

Okay, I will dig through my logs. They do receive the email and it says it's from "[email protected]" but the body is blank. The last three emails seemed to be legit, or at least not one of the normal spam addresses.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
If the emails are blank- try uploading a clean copy of /languages/english/adduser.php - there were bugs before if you edited that language file, it got screwed up.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63