Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#258876 09/15/2003 7:57 AM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 48
User
User
Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 48
Just opened another Threads site, Allen installed everything and I'm waiting to hear back from him. While I do, I was just wondering if anyone could understand this error below? My old UBB Classic community membership data was imported and a lot of people are in ok but some are receiving errors like the one below. I suggested one of them register from new on the new site (Threads) and they did that but they still got the error (even though they deleted cookies):

Warning: Unable to access /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/languages/H?v`H?vR°?¶$y in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 144

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/languages/H?v`H?vR°?¶$y' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/psa/apache/lib/php') in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 144

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbthreads.php on line 22

I tried logging in as the member and I also got it.

The member's email is below:

I got in fine, and everything was viewable, anyway i went to my viewing & display preferences and when i went to submit the same problem happened again! this is how it happened the first time this morning when i logged in under my old name.

ive tried deleting cookies but its now doing what it did this morning that on the opening page it just comes up with these error remarks

Warning: Unable to access /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/languages/H?v`H?vR°?¶$y in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 144

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/languages/H?v`H?vR°?¶$y' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/psa/apache/lib/php') in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 144

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbthreads.php on line 22



it looks like there may be a problem when i go to change these particular prefrences that it moves my files to somewhere that cant be found for some reason. well thats my basic assessment of it.

any suggestions??

----

No idea what's going on as I am no techie

As always, I appreciate any feedback - thanks

Sponsored Links
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 48
User
User
Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 48
More stuff he experienced:

Warning: Unable to access /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/languages/H?v`H?vR°?¶$y2?tyleSheet=koptalk/generic.php in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 144

Warning: Failed opening '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/languages/H?v`H?vR°?¶$y2?tyleSheet=koptalk/generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/psa/apache/lib/php') in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 144

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php:144) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 1726

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php:144) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 1726

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php:144) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 235

Warning: Unable to access /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/languages/H?v`H?vR°?¶$y2?tyleSheet=koptalk/online.php in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 286

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 48
User
User
Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 48
On another not guys, not sure if this makes any difference or if it is related, but when people including myself try to respond to private messages we get:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/templates/default/ubbt_instant_ubbcode.tmpl:304) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/koptalkinsider.com/httpdocs/forums/ubbt.inc.php on line 235

at the top of the screen - the messaging still works though.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,369
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,369
Duncan - seems like that user's language preference is wacky.... Try this SQL Query:

UPDATE w3t_Users
SET U_Language = 'english'
WHERE U_Username = 'xxxxxxxxxx'


See fi that fixes their language bug.


As per the "headers already sent" bug - that's usually extra spaces after the closing php tag. By the looks of the line number.... I'd guess the /languages/english/generic.php Check that there are no spaces or blank lines after the ?> at the end.


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Posts: 21,080
Joined: March 2000
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4613
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 10
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)