Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Kahuna
Kahuna
[]scroungr said:
[]drkknght said:
i was wondering if there was an easy way to get it to show the latest post of the latest thread in a specific forum. (?) [/]

not without some rewritting of the newspal.php [/]

doh!

in other words, not easily then (?)

ill try to poke around in there, i guess ... why, i dunno

[]scroungr said:
you may mean this mod

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/showflat...rev=#Post108776 [/]

excellent -- thats it! thanks

Sponsored Links
Kahuna
Kahuna
1) still can't figure out the post re-ordering in the news IIP. drivin me nuts

2)i've been using the custompal boxes, but have found them a lil tedious to update (i'm assuming they weren't really intended for frequent updates). so, i was wondering if there was a way to sorta make a NEWS option into a custom box.

essentially, i'd need to create a private forum that only i could see in the actual forum display page, but that everyone could see on the entrance page.

as if ubbdev.com only wanted their "announcements" on the entrance page, and NOT as part of the forum.

any chance o' that?

Old Hand
Old Hand
hit upon something today.. I have current threads in my left hand panel and although it only shows the subject title when someone creates say JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it pushes it off the edge.. so what I did was

#FIND
$myString .= "<tr><td align="left" valign="top">$spacer</td><td align="left" valign="top">

#ADD BEFORE IT

$palSubjectlen = strlen($palSubject);
if (($palSubjectlen > 25 && $index_include[1]['currentthreads'] > 0) || ($palSubjectlen > 25 && $index_include[3]['currentthreads'] > 0))
{
$palSubject = chunk_split($palSubject, 25, '<br>');
}

IIP displays things based on your groups/permissions. So, if you something is posted in a forum that only you have access to, then only you will be able to see it.

Power User
Power User
Woo HOO!!! Been waiting for this for 6.4 - TOP work Josh and Scroungr.

Sponsored Links
User
User
Errr I am getting the following errors on the index screen

Notice: Undefined variable: Cat in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\utstats\forum\index.php on line 66

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\utstats\forum\index.php:66) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\utstats\forum\ubbt.inc.php on line 269

Any idea why I am getting this? I have tried many different installs and everytime I get these errors.. Running windows 2003/IIS6

Cheers
SG

Old Hand
Old Hand
Cause 2003 is picky and tempermental? Seriously no idea. Cat is created and posted in MANY places. And if it's NOT set it even sets itself in this line in index.php

if (!$Cat) {
$Cat = "0";
}

User
User
Well I commented out that section of code in the index.php and that solved 1 of the errors...

if (!$Cat) {
$Cat = "0";
}

Anyway of supressing the warning errors about the headers?

Cheers
SG

User
User
Well fixed it.. I think

A setting in the php.ini file, I turned it from off to on..

; Output buffering allows you to send header lines (including cookies) even
; after you send body content, at the price of slowing PHP's output layer a
; bit. You can enable output buffering during runtime by calling the output
; buffering functions. You can also enable output buffering for all files by
; setting this directive to On. If you wish to limit the size of the buffer
; to a certain size - you can use a maximum number of bytes instead of 'On', as
; a value for this directive (e.g., output_buffering=4096).
output_buffering = On

Index Closed

We are currently updating this page...

This is all I seem to get.... I have run the configuration about 20 times now to no aval.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
i get this error when i load my index.php :

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: user in /homepages/4/d95285407/htdocs/index.php on line 76

i'm a noob sry, can u help guys? thanks

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
nevermind, i think i got it! bbl if i need help, thanks all!!

I've got 5.4.4 running, do I need to replace ALL files to upgrade to 5.4.5.1?

After a careful and time consuming search. LOL

I found my problem.

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]ZealotOnAStick said:
I've got 5.4.4 running, do I need to replace ALL files to upgrade to 5.4.5.1? [/]

Yes best way is to replace all the pals with the new versions skipping the customepal boxes of course cause they are probably personalized.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Sounds like Admiral and Cro didn;t have the files setup right. Sounds like it either wasn;t pointing to where it was suppose to or you had something else afoot.

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
yes that was the case, now its working! But i have a problem with the Poll List feature: when i click on it(its in the menu) it should execute the "polllistpal.php" right? but i get this error:

Warning: Failed opening './/pals/polllistpal.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/4/d95285407/htdocs/ubbthreads/index.php on line 738

I dont think i have this file....what should i do? thanks

Old Hand
Old Hand
Yup I see Josh removed it completely instead of listing it as an option. I have updated it but for now here is the polllistpal.php
Attachments
112357-polllistpal.php.txt (0 Bytes, 67 downloads)

Cro Offline
Power User
Power User
ok thanks i got it now! thanks for the quick help....

I have no idea what happened, but all of a sudden my shoutbox isn't working anymore. I didn't make any changes since installation a few weeks ago. The shoutbox appears, I see the messages, but as soon as I type something and press "shout", the palbox turns blank.

I re-uploaded all shout-files, but it didn't help.

What more can I do ?

Old Hand
Old Hand
try this.. go into admin and select the shoutbox forum and change your ADMIN access to read/write.. go to where the forum is in the main index and try posting there. if you can't, then it has nothing to do with this mod and you may have a corrupt db.. if you can then we will need to look further..

Thanks for your reply scroungr!

I did as you told me. I could see the shoutbox in my forums list and post in there.
Also I deleted my shoutbox forum and recreated it... no change. I uploaded the original 4 shoutbox files from the pal's directory.. no change
Very weird!

Old Hand
Old Hand
Hmmm now this is perplexing.

Old Hand
Old Hand
ok what "I" would do and yes I know it's dangerous if mishandled is close my boards.. go to admin and delete the shoutboxpal forum using the delete forum button, and then create a new one. thats me though. I just tested it and it does work.

I already deleted my shoutbox forum, but without closing the board... this didn't make any change. Why do you think it's dangerous ?!

i am facing the exact same problem and till to date the problem still exist, I just gave up and close the shout box down.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO HERE PLEASEEEEEEEEEE?

Old Hand
Old Hand
[]Pasqualist said:
I already deleted my shoutbox forum, but without closing the board... this didn't make any change. Why do you think it's dangerous ?! [/]

cause to me deleting anything is dangerous anyways so you deleted the forum and tried to make a new? Heres some things to try.. add the board again and add a shout.. then go and do what you did earlier and see if it was added and you just can't see it. If it was added and you just can't see the problem may be in shoutdisplaypal.php and I would start there with the queries and see why they are getting picked up. especially this query

$query = "
SELECT t1.B_Number,t2.U_Username,t1.B_Posted,t1.B_Last_Post,t1.B_Subject,t1.B_Body,t1.B_Main,t1.B_PosterId,t1.B_IP
FROM {$config['tbprefix']}Posts AS t1,
{$config['tbprefix']}Users AS t2
WHERE t1.B_Board = '$shoutBoard_q'
AND t1.B_Number = t1.B_Main
AND t1.B_PosterId = t2.U_Number
ORDER BY t1.B_Posted DESC
LIMIT 0,$shoutLimit
";

if its not added I would look at shoutaddpal.php and start with the inserts there and see why it wasn't inserted.. especially this query

$query = "
INSERT INTO {$config['tbprefix']}Posts (B_Board,B_Parent,B_Main,B_Posted,B_Last_Post,B_IP,B_Subject,B_Body,B_Kept,B_Status,B_Approved,B_Icon,B_Reged,B_Poll,B_Replies,B_Topic,B_Convert,B_PosterId,B_AnonName,B_Sticky)
VALUES ('$Board_q','$Parent','$Main','$date','$date','$IP_q','$Subject_q','$BodySig','$Kept_q','$PStatus_q','$Approved_q','$Icon_q','$Reged_q','$PollName','0',$MainTopic,'$convert_q','$posterID_q','$AnonName_q','0')
";
$dbh -> do_query($query);

what I usually do is before the closing "; add som random text to fake it out so it gives me an error saying can't do query so and so which lists the query in its entirety and then I paste that query into my phpMyAdmin and see where it fails.

Old Hand
Old Hand
now let me explain a few things also.. saying it doesn't work isn't enough information. it is either not posting to it or not showing whats posted. so I had you go make it accessible to admins and you were able to post to it and see it in the forum so its good there its just the script now when you look at the shoutbox was what you say in the forum there? that could mean shoutdisplaypal.php was in err.. if you saw it then try and make a shout in the shoutbox and see if you can see it in the forum if you can't then that means shoutaddal.php could be in err... the last two pals, shoutdelpal.php just deletes a shout if your admin and shoutboxpal.php which assembles it all could also be in err but only in rare circumstances. I would mostly check the shoutadd and shoutdisplay pals.

scrongr,

why dyou dont you give me your shout box files here and i will delete mine and upload yours. If it works with you than ideally it should work with me. if this doesnt work, than i would say its a server error, maybe an ertror of Java configuration of some sort

Old Hand
Old Hand
hmm my files are these

https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/download.php?Number=96289

these have no problem working on my system

no luck , guysssssssss help out here, MY MEMBERS ARE SHOUTING THEY WANT THE SHOUT BOX BACK. Get it, shouting, shout box . Seriously though, what is going on?

Old Hand
Old Hand
well without taking a look at it can't offer more then I have. if you would like me to take a look PM me your ftp info and i will set up an account you can make temp admin and I will look further into it.

coffee and code
coffee and code
I'm in with salim.... I tried the install exactly as suggested and never got the pal to work - ever... I've even taken the scripts apart from their STOCK format, to see if there was programmer error from before I received the files (FRESH DOWNLOAD)... still couldn't get it to work

I did my final cross checking between other sites successfully running the shout box and my site which was never able to get it running (always turns to a BLANK screen in the box window whenever a shout was entered)

either way - I'd be much interested to see how this all turns out...

From a programming history since 1988 and being quite fluent at HTML, PHP and SQL.... this problem has stumped me

thanks for any additional information posted...
I truly appreciate all of your hard work on the creation of this PAL!!!

Thank You!

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Old Hand
Old Hand
id242 and others I would really be interested in doing some troubleshooting on this issue if anyone is willing to let me send me a PM

id242,

Is Infopop not bugging you about the missing copyright notice on your forums?
I once just removed the infopop .gif but left the copyright notice, and they ddn't want to give me any support untill the .gif was restored. I did pay for the licence and member area access though.

Ron

coffee and code
coffee and code
It was up until a few days ago - I have been moving things around (notice the duplicate "TOP" buttons when reading a thread in FLAT MODE). The copyright notice is about to go back in its original location @ the footer again within a day or so

I am very proud of Infopop and the service they have provided to me over the past 4 years of being with them

PS - I read my PM often too... Staying on-topic is a good thing

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Kahuna
Kahuna
whoakay...

izzit possible to integrate any one of the pal boxes to the actual forum pages? like, say, to include the "news" pal into every page's header, for example?

Old Hand
Old Hand
you could but you will need to look and see what variables are set in the configpal.php and set it in the newspal.php and then include it into the forum header and then you will lose the ability to cache the box unless ya write some code. but it is doable.

Kahuna
Kahuna
hmm... i guess i have two major "wish-list" items for IIP 6.5, and both relating to the "news" pal (truly the greatest ever!)

1) that the news pal had the ability to pull the latest, most recent post from a thread, instead of just the first

2) that the news pal had the ability to display several posts of the same thread, instead of just one per thread.

Is there anyway I can prevent this url? /index.php?Cat=0&paction=attachments - Being a site where certain groups and forums get permissions to download, this is a wide open hole. I realize I can't completely prevent this in other ways but I would like to close this up if possible.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63