Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hi

On the old classic Forum you used to be able to click the notify Moderator button and actually add a comment to a designated (often separate) email account.

On Threads although the Notify Moderator button still exists there's no provision to add a comment or (I don't think) nominate an another email account to receive the Notify Moderator posts.

The reason I'm bring this up is on my Forum we already have a very successful "Thread of the Weak" nominated by the previous week's winner. We soon hope to supplement this with a "Post of the Week" Forum for excellent posts normally lost in the hustle and bustle of an otherwise forgotten thread.

So to cut a long story short(er) is there a modification I could use to revert the Notify Moderator button to it's old classic format i.e. with room for comments and the provision of an entirely separate email address to receive these alerts? I could then use this for voting for the Post of the Week.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You look for notifymod.php in your threads directory and the template file notifymod.tmpl in the template directory

You could add some <input> fields and code it to send it to an email address.

There are some wonderful resources on the internet to learn about PHP mail forms and you can easily modify the code to allow for such an action

I have attached a sample site for you learn out how to do it. I do not have the time right this second to code it up for you as I am very busy but if I get a chance I will see what I can do. It is a relative easy mod. You just need to add some of the variables meantioned into the php and template files and your set.

Cheers for the reply Omegatron.

My affinity for all things technical is woeful and I was optimistically hoping for a pre-written modification.

Not to worry though, I'll bear what you say in mind though and have a hunt for some Idiot's Guide to PHP mail forms and see how I get on.

Thanks

P.S. I can't find your sample file

Here is alink to learn about mail forms

http://www.christian-web-masters.com/articles/web_php-mail-form-2.html

Now It has been many years since I owned classic but if you explain a little more what kind of function you want I may be able to help. You just want to be able to send the notify mod to someone else?

Thanks for the link Chuck.

A little help would be much appreciated.

All I'm looking for is as you say the ability for Moderator Alerts to go to a seperate email address & also the ability to add a few words of text to the alert when the nominee selects a thread. If you can advise I'd be in your debt.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63