Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#262881 11/17/2003 4:55 PM
User
User
Our boards at http://www.passporterboards.com/ubb/index.php starting generating SQL errors around 2:30 this afternoon. I contacted our web host to restart mySQL. After the restart, the errors went away but no posts could be opened -- any attempt would result in a CGI Timeout. And about 5-10 minutes after the restart, the SQL errors appeared. The web host tried restarting it again with the same results. I have no idea what can be wrong. I haven't touched the installation or even logged into the FTP server in days. The only changes have been normal user stuff -- registering, posting, etc. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I would help if I could. Sounds to me like some tables need a REPAIR. I went to your site and there are no error's next time you get error's post them here so we can see what is going on.

User
User
The errors are back again if you want to take a look. The errors did go away for a few minutes, but no new posts could be created during that period. I tried editing the mysql.inc.php file so it would show the real error, and I discovered that I could not upload to my server. So I'm working on that angle.

Here are the errors I get:

At the top:
SQL ERROR: Database error only visible to forum administrators

At the bottom:
Link resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 105 PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 131 PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 105 PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 131 PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 105 PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 131 PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 105 PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 131 PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 105 PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\pals\custombox1pal.php on line 61 PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\pals\custombox1pal.php on line 71 PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 105 PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 131 PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 105 PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 131 PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 105 PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 131 PHP Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\users\passport\InetPub\wwwroot\ubb\mysql.inc.php on line 105

Thank you.

User
User
Ok, the web host reset permissions and I can upload to my server again. I modified mysql.inc.php so I could see the real error, but it didn't help. Now I just get a "blank" error, like so:

SQL ERROR:
SQL ERROR:
SQL ERROR:
SQL ERROR:
SQL ERROR:
SQL ERROR:

User
User
If I wanted to attempt to repair tables, how would I do that?

Sponsored Links
Okay well with everything you posted your still are not seeing any real error. Did you check your mysql error logs?

If you know what the error is your can attempt to repair that error. I would also place an unhacked mysql-inc.php back on the server.

You can repair a table by this in the admin section or phpMYADMIN

REPAIR TABLE w3t_Boards etc etc etc

User
User
Here's what's happening now. My web host reset permissions then restarted mySQL. Things worked better, but in one forum no new posts could be made -- it came back with "Post exists." So I asked the web host to run mySQLcheck utility to repair any corrupted tables. He did and the SQL errors returned, though fewer in number. Now they don't appear at the top of the screen; only in the middle and at the bottom. And not everywhere either. For example, I can go to the Admin area and make changes. And Who's Online works, too. But when I try to view the Main Forum Index at http://www.passporterboards.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php, I see the errors.

Okay well your board is closed. Okay as an admin you should see the exact error. In that table or tables are the errors coming from

User
User
Okay, finally got some useful error codes to show up:

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT L_Board,L_Last FROM w3t_Last WHERE L_Uid = '4'
Can't open file: 'w3t_last.MYD'. (errno: 144)SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT DISTINCT Cat_Title,Cat_Number,Cat_Description FROM w3t_Category WHERE Cat_Type = 'forum' ORDER BY Cat_Number
Can't open file: 'w3t_category.MYD'. (errno: 144)

Based on this, I just tried to do a REPAIR TABLE w3t_last.MYD. I got this error in return:

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: REPAIR TABLE w3t_last.MYD
Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'w3t_last' row(s) affected by your query.

Okay well you have PhpMyAdmin?

The Commands to repair the tables are as follows.

REPAIR TABLE w3t_Last

REPAIR TABLE w3t_Category

Sponsored Links
User
User
No PHPMyAdmin, can I run those commands through the Admin in the boards though?

I would fully close your boards but yes you can

User
User
Well, I tried running those commands through the Admin. They appeared to work; no errors. But now my board has new errors:

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword,t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated,t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads,t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain,t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject,t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 1 AND (t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND (t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-3-%' OR t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-1-%') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword,t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated,t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads,t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain,t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject,t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 2 AND (t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND (t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-3-%' OR t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-1-%') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword,t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated,t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads,t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain,t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject,t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 3 AND (t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND (t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-3-%' OR t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-1-%') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword,t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated,t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads,t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain,t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject,t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 4 AND (t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND (t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-3-%' OR t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-1-%') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword,t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated,t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads,t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain,t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject,t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 5 AND (t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND (t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-3-%' OR t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-1-%') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword,t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated,t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads,t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain,t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject,t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 6 AND (t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND (t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-3-%' OR t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-1-%') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword,t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated,t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads,t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain,t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject,t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 7 AND (t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND (t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-3-%' OR t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-1-%') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword,t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated,t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads,t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain,t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject,t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 8 AND (t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND (t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-3-%' OR t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-1-%') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT t1.Bo_Title,t1.Bo_Description,t1.Bo_Keyword,t1.Bo_Total,t1.Bo_Last,t1.Bo_Number,t1.Bo_Moderated,t1.Bo_Read_Perm,t1.Bo_Write_Perm,t1.Bo_Threads,t1.Bo_Sorter,t1.Bo_Posterid,t1.Bo_LastMain,t1.Bo_LastNumber,t2.U_Username,t3.B_Subject,t3.B_Icon,t3.B_Reged,t3.B_AnonName FROM w3t_Boards AS t1 LEFT JOIN w3t_Users AS t2 ON t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number LEFT JOIN w3t_Posts AS t3 ON t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number WHERE t1.Bo_Cat = 9 AND (t1.Bo_Posterid = t2.U_Number OR t1.Bo_Posterid = '0') AND (t1.Bo_LastNumber = t3.B_Number OR t1.Bo_LastNumber ='0') AND (t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-3-%' OR t1.Bo_Read_Perm LIKE '%-1-%') ORDER BY t1.Bo_Sorter
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)

User
User
And how do you fully close the board? I closed the forums. Is there a way to close everything? I haven't found it.

Veteran
Veteran
Can't open file: 'w3t_boards.MYD'. (errno: 144)
144 = Table is crashed and last repair failed

Now, one other thing I noticed is that your are on Win32. Win32 machines have an aweful habit of renameing your tables ALL IN CAPS. That will return the same error, oddly enough.

Check your table names to make sure they have not all be renamed. Once you're sure the table names and their actual files (w3t_boards.MYI) are fine, try running another repair.

Picture perfect penmanship here.
User
User
I just connected to the database with MySQL-Front and all the table names are in lowercase. I could not open the Boards table to check the names in there, though, as I get an error that says it cannot be opened (same 144 error).

So I'd like to try running a repair on the w3t_boards table, but I'm worried about doing it before my boards are fully closed, and I'm not sure how to fully close the boards. Can someone give me a clue on this?

By closed I mean close them in the admin section under config section

Yeah I had thought you were on windows but gave you unix commands because of the first error posted

SQL ERROR: Unable to do_query: SELECT L_Board,L_Last FROM w3t_Last WHERE L_Uid = '4'

Try

REPAIR TABLE w3t_last

REPAIR TABLE w3t_category

User
User
Thanks! I repaired those tables, plus w3t_boards, w3t_mailer, and w3t_messages (as those were the ones I could not open in MySQL-Front).

The SQL errors seem to be gone BUT...

When I try to post in one of my forums, I get this message:
"Post already exists."

Well your board is closed so I can not see what is going on.

User
User
Well, the error message disappeared on its own. I'm able to post without problems now.

Thank you very much, Chuck... you too, Navaho! I am most appreciative of your help today.

If there's a way I can return the favor or even the score, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Ruben Rocha
Ruben Rocha
Lutz,FL,USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63