Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#264548 12/13/2003 5:00 AM
Lurker
Lurker
Hello im just new to Threads, UBB at all infact. I was wondering if any one can help me with a little issue. Im looking for a script that i can include on my front page that will allow site members to login/logout.

If they are already logged in the script displays there info instead of the login info. I plan on using this to authenticate my entire website, But dont want to use the IIP.

Thanks allot for any help you can offer.

Sponsored Links
Since the login pal from IIP is based on Threads.

You could write up a little script based on the login script function of login.php from threads. Althought the easiest thing might be to cosmetically change IIP's loginpal to suit your needs.

Lurker
Lurker
yeah i was thinking about that but my index page is already finished, ill just have to do some coding and haxing myself to see what i can come up with. thanks.

Well the login pal could be coded as a standalone application to a degree. There are certain variables you would need to add to the page to make it work but may be the easiest way to go.

Hi,

I think we did pretty much this. We have an index page for the site and on it wished to display certain parts of the IIP.
What I did was install the IIP, then copy bits and pieces of the code to our own index page, which seemed to work quite well (make certain the paths are correct though).

The parts I added were:
Code
<br />// set params for message board inclusions<br />$palspath = "<your path to the pals-dir goes here>";<br />include "{$palspath}/main.inc.php";<br />include "{$palspath}/pals/languages/${$config['cookieprefix']."w3t_language"}/languagepal.php";<br />@include "{$palspath}/pals/configpal.php";<br /><br />// authenticate visitor<br />$userob = new user;<br />$user = $userob -> authenticate("");<br /><br />$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_Username,U_PicturePosts,U_ShowSigs,U_Email,U_PictureView,U_Status,U_Privates,U_Name,U_Title,U_Totalposts,U_Visible, U_Laston,U_Language,U_TimeOffset,U_Groups,U_Picture,U_Number");<br />list($palUusername,$palPicturePosts,$palShowSigs,$palEmail,$palPictureView,$palStatus,$palPrivates,$palRealName,$palUsertitle,$palTotalUposts,$palUVisible, $laston,$ubbt_language,$offset,$groups,$picture,$Uid,$CheckUser,$pass,$sessionid,$stylesheet,$status,$privates,$frontpage) = $user;<br /><br />if ($config['cookiepath'] == "") {<br />	$CookieNotice = "<br /><br /><blockquote><strong>Admins please note:</strong> The cookie path is not set site wide. This page must reside in the same directory as UBB.threads&trade; or cookies must be set site wide for this page to validate visitor access.</blockquote>"; <br />}<br /><br />$html = new html;<br />list($tbopen,$tbclose) = $html -> table_wrapper();<br />

You can then just add in the parts of IIP you want by calling them like this:
Code
<br />	include "{$palspath}/pals/shortstatspal.php";<br />

Sanuk!

Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
thanks, Ill do that, What about formating the look of the include, they use templates right? guess i could just edit that to fit my needs too right? Cool. Thanks again. Please let me know if i am correct.

Yep you format the html to your needs.

Lurker
Lurker
thanks again. that was Great. One more question though, I can just leave out the link to the enterance that we have to add to the language files right? that will leave it off of the forums so that its not available?

Lurker
Lurker
// set params for message board inclusions$palspath = "<your path to the pals-dir goes here>";include "{$palspath}/main.inc.php";include "{$palspath}/pals/languages/${$config['cookieprefix']."w3t_language"}/languagepal.php";@include "{$palspath}/pals/configpal.php";// authenticate visitor$userob = new user;$user = $userob -> authenticate("");$user = $userob -> authenticate("U_Username,U_PicturePosts,U_ShowSigs,U_Email,U_PictureView,U_Status,U_Privates,U_Name,U_Title,U_Totalposts,U_Visible, U_Laston,U_Language,U_TimeOffset,U_Groups,U_Picture,U_Number");list($palUusername,$palPicturePosts,$palShowSigs,$palEmail,$palPictureView,$palStatus,$palPrivates,$palRealName,$palUsertitle,$palTotalUposts,$palUVisible, $laston,$ubbt_language,$offset,$groups,$picture,$Uid,$CheckUser,$pass,$sessionid,$stylesheet,$status,$privates,$frontpage) = $user;if ($config['cookiepath'] == "") { $CookieNotice = "<br /><br /><blockquote><strong>Admins please note:</strong> The cookie path is not set site wide. This page must reside in the same directory as UBB.threads™ or cookies must be set site wide for this page to validate visitor access.</blockquote>"; }$html = new html;list($tbopen,$tbclose) = $html -> table_wrapper();

//////////////////////////////////////////

Is that all you added? and where abouts did you add it, I tried it in my current require file, I guess i could just add it to my current index page. let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks again and sorry to bother you with these questions.

Lurker
Lurker
Never Mind, I got it thanks for the help, Now i just have to get it to re-direct back to the front page, instead of the home of the user that had logged in. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
My Home or Main Index is a user preference for logging in set in the "Display preferences, number of shown threads, languages, colors...". So you will probally need to run a querry to update your users preference if you want them to go to the main index. If you don't want them to be able to choose you will need to comment out that option. I believe it will be in editdisplay.php, the language file editdisplay.php or editdisplay.tmpl. I'm not sure which.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63