Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I would love to send a big thank you to the authors of three great hacks for us Admins of UBB Threads, I'd like to also point out how these three hacks, when combined, work.

A big thanks to 'Xysium Magik', author of X_Forwarded, 'PatrickEgan', author of Look up IP Address of Poster, 'Lisa_P' and 'JoshPet', authors of Extended User Edit Options for taking time out of their own lives to work on these great hacks for us owners of Threads!

Not all of these hacks have been finished nor are they noted to be working under Threads v6.4 however, I took some time out to test them on my v6.4 beta site and I've not come across any problems. So, I've implemented them into my public site and all is smooth and doing what they're suppose to.

I had a very good friend of mine log into my site using a proxy server so that I could test out each of these hacks that I've noted above....and here are the results in action:

You can see where my friend logged in using a proxy server in his post, which is a big thank you to "X_Forwarded". You can also see the hyperlink for the IP, which is a big thank you to "Look up IP Address of Poster" however, I did notice that when someone logs in under a proxy, you cannot use this hyperlink to get information. Makes perfect sense seeing how the program which I refer to using to run the WhoIs can't use all this info....it's just needing an IP. However, if anyone else posts using their IP, you can easily click on the hyperlink which queries a WhoIs Proxy with the IP Address.

[]http://members.cox.net/gonzo_family/misc/proxy_1.gif[/]

This next image shows you the work of "X_Forwarded" once again grabbing the posters IP and sniffs out if he/she is coming through a Proxy Server. Then, it adds this information for you with the help of "Extended User Edit Options" allowing you to select 'Show IPs' for any member of your choosing. Here you can clearly see that "Extended User Edit Options" will query all the IPs that any member of your choosing has used to log in, and with the help of "X_Forwarded" it will even show you if the person has used a Proxy Server to post with.

[]http://members.cox.net/gonzo_family/misc/proxy_2.gif[/]

Big kuddos once again to all the listed Authors for volunteering much of your time to help other owners with great hacks such as these.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63