Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Journeyman
Journeyman
I keep a Web Log in one of my forums and I keep it so that others may reply. However, when they reply to a log entry it puts that post back at the top of the page. I only want new posts to be at the top of the page. Not just any post with a new reply.

Can this be done?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I ran into the same problem when I was scripting my index page. Take a look at the query that you use to pull those log entries. There should be a line almost at the end of the query that starts with the word ORDER. Change that entire line to this:

Code
 ORDER BY t1.B_Posted DESC 

That will order the results of the query from the first main post to the last main post (replies won't change the order). You probably have this, or something like it, in your query now:

Code
 ORDER BY t1.B_Last_Post DESC 

and every time someone replies to the first post in a thread your log gets out of order...

Journeyman
Journeyman
Isn't that query done in the Postlist.php and if i change that won't that affect all forums?

Sorry, I thought you were running a special script for your log. Yes, changing the query would effect all of your other forums.

You could add a condition in your postlist.php script that checks to see if you are viewing your log forum, and if so change the sort order...

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
If you want to turn dateslip off in one forum only.... near the top of the postlist.php script (after the get_input functions) I think you can do something like this:

if ($Board == "keyword") {
$config['dateslip'] = 0;
}

Substitute the board's keyword above. I think that'll override it.

Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
Ah, well that's an area i'm not good at yet. I am slowly learning PHP coding but I am not proficient enough to make my own scripts. Just good enough to analyze and break down other ones.

Thanks.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Josh, Awesome that worked! The few posts that were pushed to the top that has some replies to them I had to just go in and modify the B_LAST_POST to be the same date as the B_POSTED. I think that's just because they were modified before I added that hack. New replies now don't affect the order of posts anymore

You da man!

Thanks.

Journeyman
Journeyman
Being able to turn on and off date slipping per forum instead of just site-wide would be a great addition to UBBT 6.5

[]JoshPet said:
If you want to turn dateslip off in one forum only.... near the top of the postlist.php script (after the get_input functions) I think you can do something like this:

if ($Board == "keyword") {
$config['dateslip'] = 0;
}

Substitute the board's keyword above. I think that'll override it. [/]

-you made it easy

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63