Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I have a couple of strange but minor things after upgrading from 6.3.2 to 6.4.1.

First, the forumimages directory did not get created. Should I just mkdir? Obviously this prevents me from adding any images to my forum list.

Second, I cannot delete a group. When I select the group to delete and submit, I get a blank white page in that action frame of the admin panel. I've checked permissions on scripts in admin per Infopop's instructions, and still no go.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
hmm recheck your /threads/admin/deletegroup.php permissioning mine is set for 644. Also it should have created the forumimages directory under the /threads/images/ directory along with the avatars and graemlins and icons directory.

Permissions on that file and directory are correct! Thanks for the suggestion.

We already had the icons, graemlins directories under /images, the upgrade process didn't add forumicons though.

Addict
Addict
"First, the forumimages directory did not get created. Should I just mkdir? "

Yes

"Second, I cannot delete a group. When I select the group to delete and submit, I get a blank white page in that action frame of the admin panel. I've checked permissions on scripts in admin per Infopop's instructions, and still no go."

Check out UBBCentral, Josh just posted about deleting groups for another member.

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
Thanks JC.

I read that post you referred me to. I'm not sure how that helps me, I could easily be missing the point? I have a group, "Banned" with no members in it, and I'd just like to kill it.

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
I think the jist of Josh's post about deleting is not to

- Custom Web Development
http://www.JCSWebDev.com
The reason being is that when you create a new user it is given an autoincrement number and there are a finite number is can use. 99 I believe. (Ian has done some modification to allow for more groups and will share the code when he gets some time) Also, the groups are tied in all over the place and deleting a group can cause things to go bluie. As in Ka-.

The best coarse is to simply rename it something like unused1 and rename it the next time you need a group.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Little joe - I don't think you copied all the files up.

In your zip from infopop will be a new forumimages directory inside the images directory as well as avatars.

The installer doesn't create this - you need to copy up everything in the zip.

As per the blank page when you're trying to delete a group - my guess is a missing /english/admin language file.

Again - verify that you've uploaded all the files from your zip.

Hint: Never trust the changedfiles.txt file included, often it's missing stuff. I use something like beyond compare to make sure I find all new/changed files to upload.

Bingo - you nailed it Josh. In spite of the successful upload indicators from my ftp program, I was missing the directory and several scripts relating to forumimages, avatars, and groups.

I just did a file-by-file comparison, and uploading the missing ones and am good to go.

Thanks again. You rock!

BTW, I uploaded every file except config, main, and theme - I didn't use the changedfiles.txt for this one.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Good to hear.

Yeah, sometimes the changedfiles.txt file isn't quite right. I always make my own.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
badfrog
badfrog
somewhere on the coast of Maine
Forum Statistics
Forums63