Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
I've seen quite a few forums (mostly all VB's) that show random photo's from the photopost database on the forum summary page (usually near the top). While searching around here, I've found the Sidebar pal and IIP mods that allow you to generate random photopost PAL boxes. However, I would like my site to display three to four photo's horizontally between my forum banner and the top of the forum listing, identical to http://www.photopostdev.com/index.php?

I'm using UBB.threads 6.4 and Photopost 4.6.6 at http://www.coreplanets.com Any hints or help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey

SWFan the Photopostpal you see down the sidebar's etc can be modified very simply by moving the tr opening and closing tag out of the image look and put them right under the tbopen and over the tbclose Thus you get one row with 4 td's instead of 4 rows like you see.

User
User
Okay, but I think I'm still confused. To use this custompal box don't I have to be running either IIP or Sidebarpal? I really don't want to, at least not now. I just thought there was some code I could insert into one of the existing UBBT templates that would pull the photo's right underneath the banner. Or am I missing something about using this modification?

No you do not need to run either.

Rename it to whatever you want just make sure to follow the instructions as far as placing the photopost-inc.php file where the file can find it and filling it out. You then include the file where you want it at.

Sponsored Links
User
User
I don't know PHP so I need a little help with this. Let's say I want it to show between the navigation row (where it shows Main Index, Search, Who's Online, etc. and the top row of the forum summary.

Would I edit the ubbt_registerednav and unregisterednav templates, or would another be better?

Also, what would the exact PHP coding look like to accomplish this?

User
User
some minor misspelling I suppose in line 38 of custombox3pal.php
Code
case "lastest":  

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849