Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
At some point in every admins life, there comes a time when you have a few specific users who like to cause problems.

In order to be just in my removal of these users I like to have proof of thier touble making in case there is any questions regarding their removal. How can I have it so that I (as an admin) get a copy of every private message they send. Or if it is easier to get a copy of every private message sent on the board. Or if this is even possible.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
This should do it for you, go to your Admin panel and run these queries one at a time, where M_Sender and M_Uid is where you will put the user number.

This will show the messages that the usernumber sent:

SELECT *
FROM w3t_Messages
WHERE M_Sender ='2'

This will show what messages that usernumber has received:

SELECT *
FROM w3t_Messages
WHERE M_Uid ='2'

Journeyman
Journeyman
Thats handy... cheers!

User
User
This is quite helpful but not exactly what I was looking for.. or it still needs to be modified as I would prefer to see who the message is from (the username) instead of seeing a user number which I then have to try and refernce to a name. Also I need to see the date the message was sent.

I would really love to just received all the PMs the user sends out in my email or my PM box. The SQL query works but does not give me the info I need.

If there is anyway to modify the SQL query or some other script to accomplish that, it would be appricaited.

Well, that sort of takes the "private" out of it That table only has the user number, what you are asking is a bit more involved. Maybe if you post this request in the developer for hire forum someone will be able to help.

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
There's no magic command to do that, you'd need to modify some scripts which is a bit more than a quick "how do I". I've done this for a couple of clients before, having PMs BCCed to the admins.

If you're not familiar with the scripts - then the dev for hire forum or our Services Page will get it written up fairly quickly for you.

Basically you'd need to modify the two scripts which send PMs to your email or PM box. You'd also need to cleanup the output a bit, so you had names instead of numbers.

Hi,

While I can understand the frustration some of these guys can cause, isn't this an invasion of privacy?

I mean I would have to answer to my members if they ever found out I was reading their private messages. It might very well result in having to shut down the site as people would see this as a serious breach of confidence.

Up to you, but I would be *very* cautious with this.

Sanuk!

I have to agree with you on this, I do expect that any site I visit can track everything I say though just to be safe. There is an option not to allow PM's also if an admin is that concerned about it. Even though I would never personally go through my users PM's it is awfully accessible.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Yes, it could really cause a large scale revolt or loss of trust..... so use cautiously.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
AllenAyres
AllenAyres
Texas
Forum Statistics
Forums63