Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ST
I have a category That I want to save but need ot erase everything else. Is there a quesry or something I can do to accomplish this?

Or perhaps there is another way..

What I have is my trest forum where I back up everything to and test new mods.
ON my main forum, I deleted everythin with a command in cpanel called truncate. This command made the categories disappear but they still show up in tables. I want to get rid of all of the old categories from the tables and transfer one of the categories from my test forum.

Is there a way to move tables from database to database simply overwriting any other like named category?

I would appreciate any answers to any of the above as I have been hasseling with it for a week or more.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I wouldn't go diving into the database to remove stuff. There's often much more to it than that.

To properly mass delete posts one easy way it to delete the forum. That'll delete the forum and all posts inside.

Once you get the forums inside those categories deleted, then you can delete the category with Admin -> Edit or Delete a Category.

ST
ack...okay.

I was hoping there was a lazymans way fo doing it fast and not having to do a delete by delete of each and every forum. With over a hundred its gonna be a little while.. Thanks..

If you use back on your brwoser the forum select box might be placed where you last had it, it becomes easy to delete a lot of forums. Drop down one spot, hit delete, confirm, back back, repeat. I've done 90 once and it didn't take too long shocked

ST
IS there a way I can combine to post tables and keep all the posts?

What I would lime to do is carry over the new posts and overlap them ontop of the old categories and forums from the test forum to the actual forum in use.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63