Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lurker
Lurker
I've set the path to a directory on our server for logging SQL erros (folder=sqlerr) and set the permissions on that folder to 777 (I verified permissions using two different tools). Yet when I use the test directory path in UBB Threads Admin config screen, it tells me the directory exists but is not writeable. What could I be doing wrong? I've even tried creating the sqlerr folder in a couple of different locations (above web root, in web root, inside the ubbthreads folder) and none work. We using threads v. 6.2.3

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
The only thing I can think of is to make sure you are inputing the correct path.

Take the path that you entered for "Path to the main UBB.threads install" and take off the last folder name (ubbthreads usually) and replace it with 'sqlerr' and see if that works.

Last edited by DLWebmaestro; 04/14/2004 12:06 AM.
Lurker
Lurker
Yes, I double-checked. I don't think it's a path typo though since Threads says it can find the folder, but the folder isn't writeable (with permissions set to 777 on the folder!).

Did you check the error log from your Admin page? Mine gave me the same error but it still recorded the logs.

Veteran
Veteran
look in the directory. If there is a test.php file in there remove it, then try the test again.

Picture perfect penmanship here.
Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
There is no test file there.

At first I was seeing error statements indicating an incorrect config for saving error files when trying to view SLQ errors using UBBT admin. After resetting the path (error message still persists when I use UBBT's test dir function) and optimizing tables, the error is gone.

It has yet to log any SQL errors, so I'll just have to wait and see if logging is working despite the complaints about the dir not being writeable.

[]navaho said:
look in the directory. If there is a test.php file in there remove it, then try the test again. [/]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,573
Posts293,925
Members13,849