Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
So as an Administrator I click on a user, and it brings me to his profile page, where I can click on "Edit this User". This takes me to an Admin "selectoption" page which allows me to choose from a number of Admin functions for that user.

As a Moderator if you click Edit this User, it takes you to their Profile page...where you cannot add and remove them from groups.

Is there an easy way for a Moderator to get to the Edit Groups option?

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
You need to give them access to a link like this somewhere:

http://www.domain.tld/ubbthreads/admin/showugroup.php?User=69

Where 69 is the U_Number

Moderators can only add members to groups to which they themselves belong.

Correct, and they can get to a link like that by going into Admin - Show/Edit Users - Search for Specific user, and clicking their name.

A bit involved if a Moderator has no idea how to get there.

Whereas an Admin can click any name, click Edit this User - and click Edit Groups.

I guess I am more asking if anyone knows why the "Edit this User" function for a moderator takes you to the Edit Profile page, whereas for an Admin it takes you to the Selection Page. I would think the Moderator would get the same SelectOption page with less options.

Addict
Addict
Open up menu.php from your admin folder. You will notice there is a section for Administrators and a section for Moderators.

Copy this:
Code
<br />      $html -> open_admin_table();<br />echo <<<EOF<br />           <tr><td valign=top class=tdheader><br />           <b>{$ubbt_lang['GROUP_MAN']}</b> <br />           </td></tr> <br />           <tr><td width=30% valign=top class=lighttable><br />           <a href="{$config['phpurl']}/admin/creategroup.php?Cat=$Cat" target="mainFrame"><br />           {$ubbt_lang['CREATE_GROUP']} <br />           </a><br />           <br><br />           <a href="{$config['phpurl']}/admin/showgroups.php?Cat=$Cat&action=rename" target="mainFrame"><br />           {$ubbt_lang['REN_GROUP']} <br />           </a><br />           <br><br />           <a href="{$config['phpurl']}/admin/showgroups.php?Cat=$Cat&action=delete" target="mainFrame"><br />           {$ubbt_lang['REMOVE_GROUP']}<br />           </a><br />           <br><br />           <a href="{$config['phpurl']}/admin/selectgroup.php?Cat=$Cat" target="mainFrame"><br />           {$ubbt_lang['MASS_GROUP']} <br />           </a><br />EOF;<br />       $html -> close_table();<br />

from the Administrator section and add it to the Moderator section.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Waaaay easier than that.....

In showprofile.php

Find this:

$useredit .= "<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/admin/login.php?Cat=$Cat&User=$User&option=oneuser">{$ubbt_lang['EDIT_T_U']}</a> | ";

Change to this:

$useredit .= "<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/admin/login.php?Cat=$Cat&User=$User&option=option">{$ubbt_lang['EDIT_T_U']}</a> | ";

Sponsored Links
See, that's why Josh makes the big bucks.

Old Hand
Old Hand
$useredit .= "<a href="{$config['phpurl']}/admin/login.php?Cat=$Cat&User=$User&option=option">{$ubbt_lang['EDIT_T_U']}</a> | ";

this is the line as I have it in 6.4.1

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Look futher down - that's the line the admin gets - the moderator normally gets the one that says "oneuser" at the end. It occurs twice in the file.

So do you guys think this is something that UBB.Threads might want to change for the official releases?

I flipped mine to work that way as well, just was not sure why it was linked differently for Mods.

Old Hand
Old Hand
because ya never wanna give mods too much powa or it will go to their heads.. it should have a switch in the config.inc.php to allow this...

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Forum Statistics
Forums63