Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#274742 06/08/2004 5:42 PM
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi - I was getting ready to upgrade to 6.4.2 (yes...I'm a bit behind), but I just discovered that my test board is not working. Strange thing is that my main threads board IS working. In both cases, I haven't changed anything myself. (What HAS changed is the infopop hosting, where I have my site, changed servers a couple of months ago. But both my main board and test board are on the same site, so I can't see why one would work and not the other.) On the other hand, there was at lease one feature of the test board that didn't work previously and that I had not figured out...it had something to do with changing some of the language files, and the error messages had something to do with pathways or users...I never did figure it out.

Anyway, when I click on the url for my test board, here's what I get instead of the main index page:

Warning: main(/home/virtual/site30/fst/var/www/html/testboard/ubbt.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fpsboard/domains/fpsboard.org/public_html/testboard/main.inc.php on line 13

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/virtual/site30/fst/var/www/html/testboard/ubbt.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fpsboard/domains/fpsboard.org/public_html/testboard/main.inc.php on line 13

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getmicrotime() in /home/fpsboard/domains/fpsboard.org/public_html/testboard/main.inc.php on line 16

Does this ring any bells???

Thanks - Tony

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
In your main.inc.php file - I think you are defining your paths as this:

/home/virtual/site30/fst/var/www/html/testboard

But it's showing the path is this:
/home/fpsboard/domains/fpsboard.org/public_html/testboard

Check all the paths in your main.inc.php and config.inc.php - you may have had a server move or something - looks like you're on a different server now, or using a different control panel.

Journeyman
Journeyman
ok...I'll check that file for both my main board and my test board.

There was a server move, as noted, but I'm still puzzled that afterwards my MAIN board would still work, but my TEST board wouldn't!!!

Thanks - Tony

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Maybe whoever moved your server knew to fix the main board, so you didn't notice. but didn't know about the test board.

Veteran
Veteran
Ok, I know the answer.

Tony, when we (Infopop) migrated your site we fixed any and all scripts we saw or know about. We knew about your main board and fixed it. We didn't know about your test board and so, didn't fix it. Your paths are not right, your database name, database username, and password are not correct on the test board. You can get the information from the main board's config.inc.php or put in a ticket and support will help you out.

At this point, where it has been inoperable for months and you are just now finding it, I wouldn't waste 2 minutes trying to fix it, I'd just nuke it and install fresh. Faster that way.

Picture perfect penmanship here.
Sponsored Links
Journeyman
Journeyman
ok...that's what I suspected.

But I think I will see if I can use beyond compare to fix the needed files, and then check to see whether it works!

I haven't done anything with respect to file uploads or alteratiopns since last year, and I need to be able to do these things for upgrading the board and other things.

Thanks - Tony

Journeyman
Journeyman
hmmm...I found that there wasn't any config file associated with my test board anymore, probably because it had previously been placed above the root or whatever, one of the suggested security measures, and when the site was moved to a new server that file was lost...anyway, after making some mistakes, I successfully made a new file by taking the (apparently successful) config file for the main board and modifying it in the necessary places. (AFTER correcting myself a couple of time) this resulted in the test board coming up in seemingly good shape UNTIL I hit the login button. Instead of the login page coming up, I got the page saying my name and password were not recognized. And once I got something else instead (though related to login issues...I don't remember what). That was yesterday. TODAY, when I hit the login button, I got the login page and successfully logged in.

Any idea what could have been going on? cookies or something? or perhaps the fact that I MISTAKENLY uploaded the modified config file to my MAIN board. That made a mess and scared me, I have to say, though I DIDN'T do anything like try to login of course...

Anyway, today the test board is working, and (in addition) I think I've figured out the names and passwords (which changed for the database, so I couldn't even figure out how to look at the table names at first).

Tony

Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
It could have been a cookie prefix / shared database thing, perhaps...

UBB.classic: Love it or hate it, it was mine.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63