Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
guys,

i remeber i did this before but i forgot now. How can i set a forum in a way that it doesnt ad up to any users ost. I have this CHIT CHAT forum, and I dont want those who participate in this forum to have high post counts out of it. is there a way I can stop that?

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
yeah find the areas that add the post count in the reply and quick reply php's and put in an exclusion
if($Board != 'yahooligans'){ codefor postcount ;}

hmmm,

please explain SLOWLY, i have no idea what you have mentioned above !!!!/ Thanks in advance

Old Hand
Old Hand
Code
 okay I will go slow <br /> <br />Once upon a time there was a forum and on the forum's webserver was a thread directory and in it was a file called addpost.php. <br /> <br />In addpost.php there was a section called <br /> <br />	// -------------------------------------- <br />	// Now update some stuff in their profile <br /> <br />now the owner of the forum wanted to stop post counts from counting towards a member of the forums total post count but only for certain sections of the forum. <br /> <br />Along came a much dashing and rather intelligent hero named scroungr who saw the dilema the owner was in and suggested the following changes <br /> <br />in addpost.php he said find this <br /> <br />	// -------------------------------------- <br />	// Now update some stuff in their profile <br />	$query = " <br />		UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}Users <br />		SET    U_Totalposts = U_Totalposts + 1, <br />		U_Title      = '$UserTitle_q', <br />		U_LastOn = '$date', <br />		U_LastPostTime = '$date', <br />		U_LastPostIP = '$IP', <br />		U_LastPost = '$Mnumber' <br />		WHERE  U_Number   = '{$user['U_Number']}' <br />	"; <br /> <br />and change it to this where "TEST" is the keyword of the forum you do not want to allow posts to count for <br /> <br />	if ($Board_q != "TEST"){$wanttochangecount = 1;}else{$wanttochangecount = "";} <br />	// -------------------------------------- <br />	// Now update some stuff in their profile <br />	if ($wanttochangecount){ <br />		$query = " <br />			UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}Users <br />			SET    U_Totalposts = U_Totalposts + 1, <br />			U_Title      = '$UserTitle_q', <br />			U_LastOn = '$date', <br />			U_LastPostTime = '$date', <br />			U_LastPostIP = '$IP', <br />			U_LastPost = '$Mnumber' <br />			WHERE  U_Number   = '{$user['U_Number']}' <br />		"; <br />	} <br />	else { <br />		$query = " <br />			UPDATE {$config['tbprefix']}Users <br />			SET U_Title      = '$UserTitle_q', <br />			U_LastOn = '$date', <br />			U_LastPostTime = '$date', <br />			U_LastPostIP = '$IP', <br />			U_LastPost = '$Mnumber' <br />			WHERE  U_Number   = '{$user['U_Number']}' <br />		"; <br />	} <br /> <br />The owner of the forum gleefully did so and was amazed since it actually worked.. <br /> <br />The End.. 

Last edited by scroungr; 07/10/2004 1:29 PM.
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I'm actually surprised that no one (at least to my knowledge) has yet designed a mod to subtract from a users' post count whenever they (and possibly a moderator/admin) delete a post.

It would need some special changes if being used in conjunction with this one though.

As of right now, it's so easy to give yourself a massive number by continually creating/deleting bogus posts in a dead forum

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
I have.. its my shop mod also has the avility to buy/sell thinsg as well as buy changes to usernames, colors, shadowing, other effects you can see it at ellen's board www.roxydollboard.com.. or my site www.couch-tomatoe.cc

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Yeah neat stuff Scroungr.

Well I was able to hack in the first part of this on my boards (if users delete their own posts then their post count decreases - delete.php). Works a-ok.

But as for the 2nd part where moderators/admins delete *another* users post for the same effect, I'm kinda stuck there (admin/dodeleteuserpost.php). It's a bit trickier

I basically had it ending up deleting my own count when I deleted another users' post. The queries are all different.

If anyone else can figure it out I'd be quite interested

** EDIT ** - Nevermind, I now have the 2nd part going, just a silly mistake I had

Plus I combined it with the original mod in this thread to fully prevent post counting on the test board, both positive (when adding posts) or negative (when deleting them).

Last edited by Twisty; 07/10/2004 10:04 PM.
Lol, scroungr, I said slow, but not a story . anyway, thanks a bunch

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63