Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 803
Coder
Coder
Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 803
On 6.5b1 when you click on reply it opens a new page.

Is there a way so that when it opens the new page that it automatically snaps to the text box without having to click in the area before you start typing?

Sponsored Links
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 18
Newbie
Newbie
Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 18
should be done using javascript, check google's source for example:
Code
<br /><script><br /><!--<br />function sf(){document.f.q.focus();}<br />// --><br /></script><br />

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 3,590
Likes: 1
Moderator
Moderator
Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 3,590
Likes: 1
Code
<body onload="document.replier.Body.focus();">

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 803
Coder
Coder
Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 803
Works perfectly.

I added it to newpost.tmpl and newreply.tmpl as the very first line in the code.

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 488
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 488
[]DrChaos said:
Works perfectly.

I added it to newpost.tmpl and newreply.tmpl as the very first line in the code. [/]

For newpost I recommend using this...

<body onload="document.replier.Subject.focus();">

...which will bring focus to the subject box instead :-)

Sponsored Links
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 803
Coder
Coder
Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 803
you are a god of code.....

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 488
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 488
*lol*

I know a few things, but I certainly would never call myself a coding god There's some pretty smart guys around here who know much more than I, ones who do this for a living.

Btw have you seen that Ken Jennings programmer guy on Jeaoprdy who's cleaning up with well over a million in winnings already? Now I bet *that* guy is a coding god to the nth degree

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 803
Coder
Coder
Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 803
Can we get him here

I agree that there are some very talented people here....


Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
• Shock Hosting
• Stable Host
• bluehost
• InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Posts: 449
Joined: February 2008
Forum Statistics
Forums63
Topics37,583
Posts293,955
Members13,825
Most Online151,614
Nov 14th, 2025
Today's Statistics
Currently Online 4570
Topics Created 0
Posts Made 0
Users Online 0
Birthdays 27
Top Posters
AllenAyres 21,080
JoshPet 10,369
LK 7,394
Lord Dexter 6,708
Gizmo 5,834
Greg Hard 4,625
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Likes Received
isaac 82
Gizmo 20
Brett 7
WebGuy 2
Morgan 2
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
The UBB.Developers Network (UBB.Dev/Threads.Dev) is ©2000-2026 VNC Web Services

 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260108)