Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I set my demo UBB 6.2 up today.

Please please help me.

I have finished install.php and deleted the files I need to and tried to create the first account \ Admin account and the first error I received was about username had to be alphanumeric. After a few mistakes I have solved that problem.

Now it says 'All of the required fields are not filled in. ' When all fields are filled in.

Please help me.
My page

TIA

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
Where is it saying this? When trying to make a post or when registering a new user or some other place.

Always a good idea to make a test user

username: threadsdev
password: threadsdev

then we can log in and take a look.

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Its when I try and create a new user.

I can't create any users.

Have a look at the site and see for yourself.

Now have an additional problem. I have created an account in MYSql and this shows on my user list on the site but does not log on.

Because I am new to this, can someone mail me a screen shoot of a valid account showing the MYSql code to see where I have gone wrong?

Me again, can anyone help with this.

username Test
password test1

case sensitive.

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
tried logging in and get

All of the required fields are not filled in.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page

so unless we can log in and see what possibly can be wrong its a hard guess..

That is my problem, thats all I get too

Old Hand
Old Hand
okay well is this the trial version that comes from ubbcentral? is it unmodified in any way?

Yes it is, no it is not

Old Hand
Old Hand
okay well the way the users works is that the first user you create using the install script is an administrator from your user list all I see a moderator. I would suggest the following. Since this is a new board and doesn't have any posts is to delete the threads database and restart the install procedure. I would suggest reading the trial install doc becuase it also lists the permissions of all the nexcessary files and directories. if you want me to help let me know. Just delete the threads database and create a new one with no tables just the name, get the mysql user name and password for this database and plug that in where it says and create the first account as admin. you will ALSO see a first user called **deleted** do not delete this user this is the primary user for alot of functions and you will never log into it.

Sponsored Links
I started from scratch 3 times yesterday in the hope it might fix the problem but I still cannot create the first user.

It is doing my brain in, I spent 15 hours on it yesterday going through all the docs, following them to the letter and then this happpens everytime.

"get the mysql user name and password for this database and plug that in where it says and create the first account as admin"

Where? On the first page after install? Tried that and it did not work.

I really want to get this demo working and then get the full version installed but this is driving me crazy. Any ideas will be read, thought about and tried.

TIA

dan, if you set the board up ready to run through the install script, i'll install it for you tonight.
give me a PM on meg or here if you want and i'll sort it tonight.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Send me a PM I will need access I will try and install it for you.

You are a star Monk, I am really going nuts with this.

I will let you know when its ready.

[]scroungr said:
Send me a PM I will need access I will try and install it for you. [/]

I have only just seen your reply. Thank you for the offer but Monkeyra is going to give it a go for me tonight. I dont know why but I kinda trust him, even if it is his fault I am looking at running my own forum

Old Hand
Old Hand
NP Monky is a good person Ime and him must have been typing our responses nearly the same time Let him do it

[]scroungr said:
NP Monky is a good person Ime and him must have been typing our responses nearly the same time Let him do it [/]
Oh, just admit it. You wanted something else to do. ADMIT IT!!

Hey everybody, its "Give scroungr a hard time day!" Come on, join in on the festivities! There'll be plenty of activities like giving scroungr a hard time.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'm wondering if it's a register globals thing - it's not seeing the variables being passed to the adduser.php script - hence it's saying everything isn't filled in. Can't remember what version the get_input function came to be, and I havne't looked at the demo in quite a while. But I know it's an older version.

When you manually input the user into the db - was the password done in MD5 encryption? If so, and you still can't login, I'd wonder if the variables are being passed.

If you guys can't figure it out - PM me some server FTP info and a URL - I'd be curious to echo out what variables the adduser.php script is seeing. Might be a register globals thing.

Thanks Josh, Monk is looking at it now. Let you know if there are still problems

Dan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63