Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Coder
Coder
Ok guys. with the release of Halo 2 Bungie.net has a feature that will record and keep all the stats for each player when playing online using xbox live.

They also have the option to have an XML feed and display the stats where you want.

Here is the problem. I took this mod by twisty HERE and changed the path so it went through the new includes folder and it works perfectly. Then I removed the left, and right sections and made it wider (80%) and just used the middle section code. (that worked too)

finally, I added the script from HERE to the middle section and it displays like THIS. I dont know what to do to make it display correctly.

It should display like this I think. This is how it is displayed on the bungie server.
Attachments
122922-should.JPG (0 Bytes, 22 downloads)

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
sorry for the double post :-/

attached it the actual php page I modified and am tring to get to display correctly.
Attachments
122923-memberpage.zip (0 Bytes, 3 downloads)

You would need to assign each XML reference as a variable in PHP, then you would be able to place them anywhere you need.

Coder
Coder
could you point me to a place that can give me an example in laymans terms ;0

im at a help site now and it dont really say anything..

OK, one thing to clarify. The php file you attached, is that the actual file you are using to display the XML information?

If so - what it looks like you have done is just paste the XML information "hard-coded" into the php page.

What you would need to do is reference the XML output on the 3rd party site, Parse that data for all relevant tags you need pulled over, assign those tags variable names, and THEN tell it how to display.

Not the easiest thing if you are new to XML, and if you have not done something like this before, it could take you quite some time to grab and display the data the way you want.

I wish I could give you an easy answer, but to set this up to dynamically grab the XML feed information and display it on your site...that will take a bit to get coded properly.

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
Hmmm,
It seems that nothing I try to do is easily done.

maybe twisty can shed some light on it....

Last edited by DrChaos; 11/12/2004 1:59 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63