Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#282222 11/21/2004 8:59 PM
Hi,

I wish to make my Mods anonymous and will create new accounts for them (Mod1, Mod2, etc), but I still would like them to be able to read the Mod forum without having to switch between their real and Mod accounts.

I could do this by making them all part of a special group and giving only this group access to the Mod forum, but if this group shows up to normal users then everybody can still figure out who the Mods are.

So, questions:
- Can people who are not part of a group see this group?
- Is there any other way I can give certain people access to a forum without giving away that they are in any way different?

Oh, and as a bit of background as to why I want to take such rather drastic steps. Discussions on my board can get rather heated from time to time, and several of my Mods have a tendency to get involved in these discussions. Now, while they don't throw their Mod weight around, most regular posters do only see that little flag next to the name.
I feel that this is putting restraints on the discussions, especially if 2 Mods are on either side of the discussion.

So, to prevent that I want to seperate the Mod from the poster.

Sanuk!

Sponsored Links
Coder
Coder
- Can people who are not part of a group see this group?
***No, If someone is not in a group they will see that the member is in "private area"

- Is there any other way I can give certain people access to a forum without giving away that they are in any way different?
*** yes, anyone that has access to that forum will be able to see who is there. But is someone dont have access to that forum it will state that they are in "private" or "private area"

Duck #282224 11/21/2004 10:41 PM
Hi,

"- Can people who are not part of a group see this group?
***No, If someone is not in a group they will see that the member is in "private area""

Thanks, but not exactly what I meant. I was asking if it is possible for someone to see that a certain person belongs to a group? Say, I make a new group called ModX and add some people to it. Will this ModX then show up anywhere for regular users to see?

Sanuk!

Coder
Coder
no.

For instance, I have a vip forum but not every is a vip and I dont want others know who is because it might cause some people to be upset....

no one can tell if anyone is a part of any certain group.

Duck #282226 11/22/2004 8:57 PM
Hi,

Cool, thanks. That was the answer I was hoping for

Sanuk!

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Bill B
Bill B
Issaquah, WA
Forum Statistics
Forums63