Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
How can I convert vBulletin 3 to UBBThreads 6.5?

Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I'm pretty sure the new exporter/importer will do the job. Let me get a more definitive answer for you by this evening

- Allen wavey
- What Drives You?
Are you that dissatisfied with vB3 that you're migrating? or are there other concerns driving your decision?

In all fairness, Threads 6.5 is not the best release and most would not recommend it; 6.5.1 alleges to have numerous bug fixes; many people are waiting to upgrade from an older version or they're on 6.5 holding their breath for 6.5.1.

Browse InfoPop's boards for the numerous outstanding issues and fixes.

We are considering migrating to vB3 due to these issues with 6.5, the wait on 6.5.1, and InfoPop's decision to discontinue Threads and Classic in 2005 in favor of (what appears on the surface) a product that still doesn't compare feature-wise to vB3. I don't mean to start a Holy War, but it is what it is..........

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Traitor

No, I can completely understand you.

The one thing I like about UBBThreads is that the code is tranparently written and thus easy to modify.
I would be happier though if I didn't have to hack it that much and if instead the original code would provide all the functionalities we have to hack in.....

I'm too thinking about migrating to Vbulletin, although I've extended my UBB.t licence just 2 weeks ago

The thing I like about ubb.t is just as Anno stated: it's transparent, clean & fast. Actually I don't know anything about Vbulletin, and I would really like to know from other people's experience what the big differences are.

What bothers me for example in Vbulletin is how slow the pages often load and how long it takes before all graphics/tables are in place. Probably there are many more disadvantages and I would love to hear them.

Isn't there some website where I read about the diffrences between the most popular boards?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately any discussion of differences devolves into a religious war.

Do your research, that's all I can say.

We settled on Invision Power Board. I was never crazy about vB and someone pointed out IPB, took a long look, it's very robust and well-supported.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I also never really liked the new post tracking in VB. I've only used it from a user perspective, but always had trouble figuring out what was still unread for me. I've also often missed private topics there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63