Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
User
User
We just upgraded to 6.5.1

In the "My Home" section, when I go to the E-Mail notification page (editemail.php) that list all the forums our members can subscribe to, any change made and submitted results in the following error (on the changeemail.php page):

"[:"red"]We cannot proceed.[/]
It does not appear that this was submitted from the proper form.
Please use your back button to return to the previous page."

Our tech administrator indicated the following:

[:"brown"]There is an error with the validation of the userphash variable. Just look at the url of the *submission*(NOT the form), and edit that php file... look for userphash, and you'll see the code that checks it. It's not optimal to do this, since it lowers security, and you should probably check w/ UBBT support and find a way to fix it "correctly".[/]

Any thoughts or ideas and, of course, solutions? I am not entirely certain I understand this all. Thanx!

Helping the lost & lonely one sweet soul at a time...
Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
I would say post this at http://www.ubbcentral.com/ and it is probably yet another bug in their buggy code. Unless of course it was introduced with a modification you did then I would ask which mod so we can take a look.

Addict
Addict
Try disabling the HTTP referrer check under Master Settings -> Primary Settings -> General -> Advanced Options.

The feature works just fine on my install, so that would leave me to believe it's not a bug.

Last edited by DLWebmaestro; 03/10/2005 9:42 PM.
User
User
Thanx, DLWebmaestro, for your help. Unfortunately, that did not work, however. Any other ideas?

User
User
scroungr darling, why would I want to visit ubbcentral when all my questions thus far have been found in this wonderful community? However, I can and will do this, I hope that maybe someone can come up with an answer here on the threadsdev site.

Nevertheless, the upgrade was straightforward so no manipulations were made other than some troubleshooting our tech gurus implemented since my inquiry.

Any other thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
yeah see this is a modding site with ALOT of brillant people who know the code inside and out BUT ubbcentral is actually infopop's site and if this is indeed a bug thats the proper place where it should be answered because not everyone who uses threads comes here.. I know thats hard to believe but its true!

User
User
Thx, scrougr... seems I cannot remember who referred me or when I started coming here, but always seemed to find the answers to everything here. Funny, however... I visited UBBCentral to post my inquiry and just before submitting it, my lil Dell "blue screened" on me.

If I do come up with a reliable solution from UBB Support, I will indeed post it. Thx.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Thanx Sandi! And yes always ask your questions and we will try our best to answer them but if it's indeed a bug post it over on Infopop's support site so everyone can see it and maybe Infopop will fix it!

User
User
Hi, our tech rep has responded to me and thus far, UBBSupport has only indicated that the issue was an improper install. Of course, our tech is convinced otherwise and they are going back and forth between a "u_userphash" UBBS is saying does not exist and a "U_ProfileHash" that could be the issue. Their last reply was, "I cannot find any reference to u_userphash in the files. "I'll ask the developer if he can offer some assistance here."

Still in consultation on this issue... apparently the msg:

"We cannot proceed. It does not appear that this was submitted from the proper form. Please use your back button to return to the previous page."

...is occurring everytime our community submits information from the "Display" and "Subscriptions" preferences. Therefore, no one can update this information.

Hopefully, there will be a solution soon so that I can start implementing some of these interesting mods. Btw, what is an "alertable"? I, of course, did not perform the installation, thus I do not know. Thx...

Old Hand
Old Hand
do you mean .alternatetable thats a css style object?

or do you mean a table in your MYSQL database called alertable which is not a table in the threads database unless added with a mod?

Sponsored Links
User
User

So sorry, scroungr, I completely read that incorrectly. The UBBSupport mentioned something as follows:

"- a database field may not have been created, or created correctly. What version are you upgrading from? Did all of the altertables (since your version) get run?"

Re=reading that, it appears that during installation, previous tables are written over... or added... or updated... now I understand why this was confusing.

The altertables... this is an installation process that affects the database? This is not a separate process from the upgrade... I mean, it does not need to be separately run from the upgrade process (forgive me, our techs do not give us a line-by-line process of their installation process)?

Old Hand
Old Hand
yes say you are upgrading from version 6.1 to 6.5.1.1 you would end up running as an upgrade process

altertable-6.1-6.2.php
altertable-6.2-6.3.php
altertable-6.3-6.4.php
altertable-6.4-6.4.1.php
altertable-6.5.php
altertable-6.5.1.php
altertable-6.5.1.1.php

if they are not ran in that order you WILL lose table information.

this should already be run if using upgrade.php the upgrade.php will call each file. IT SHOULD... thats why I don;t trust it and rather run the altertable's myself

Last edited by scroungr; 03/13/2005 2:42 AM.
User
User
We actually came from 6.3, however, I remember our tech person upgrading the the next version, then the next version to 6.5.1. Thus far, unfortunately, Infopop has indicated they have not experienced this issue thus far. Yayyyyy, we created our own unique problem... ...and that unique problem has it's own error message...

Nonetheless, I imagine our tech ran the upgrade.php if that was required in the installation instructions. However, by doing it manually like you did, scroungr, is that something I can just repeat without anyone else's aid? I still have backups of the old files including the compressed installation file.

Thx!

Old Hand
Old Hand
well you can TRY to restore the database back to 6.3 if you have a copy of the database and then run the alter tables again.

User
User
At this point, restoring the database back to 6.3 is not an option. However, Infopop is still puzzled by the error. Rick is looking into this, however slow the process is.

It also seems this error is primarily affecting users using Firefox... and we have a lot of them since this browser has become quite popular. Nonetheless, we are trying to make some progress and I will report back on any further developments.

Thank you, scroungr!

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Sandi - if they don't solve it soon, and you want to PM me with access info, I'd be happy to take a look. Seems to me I saw this once before, but can't quite remember what caused it.

User
User
Thank you, Josh, for all your wonderful help. At present, it appears we must look at our header includes, possibly footer includes. Seem Rick's suspicions are that there may be a javascript conflict that is affecting Firefox (maybe others)... and not Explorer.

Once I disable any javascript code in these includes, and retest the layout, I will convey my results here.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Forum Statistics
Forums63