Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#284752 04/10/2005 12:15 PM
Been working on my board and set it up from scratch but Ive come accross a problem and dont know if it's from a hack ive installed or if it's from a genuine problem off UBB Threads.
Basically the admin email address for my board is [][email protected].[/] Now when any email is sent out from the board to anyone for whatever reason the "from" line should say "[email protected]" but it doesnt, it says it's from"[email protected]; [][email protected]"[/] For some reason it's doing it twice and I cant work out for the life of me why it's doing this. I wouldnt mind but SPAM detection software on people's mail boxes are picking it up because of this and it's not SPAM.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
does no-one know why my forum is doing this? Any idea's would greatly be appreciated.

Old Hand
Old Hand
in your config whats the email link line say?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Do you mean in the control panel? if so, where in the control panel? Or do you mean in a file?
Sorry just dont know where this email link line is. I'll keep looking in case i find it before you reply.

thanks again

Old Hand
Old Hand
using 6.5 right? under Primary Settings under the general tab whats in your Board Email Address:

Sponsored Links
yea it's 6.5.1
The email address is: [][email protected][/]

I just did a test and changed it from [][email protected][/] to [][email protected][/] and it did exactly the same. The "from" line of the email said "[email protected]; [][email protected]"[/] twice again. So it's I would have thought it's definatly something to do with that section.

Old Hand
Old Hand
hmm sounds like a bug... its controlled in ubbt.inc.php in the mailer class... try the following in ubbt.inc.php find

if ($bcc) {
$bcc = "Bcc:$bcc";
}

and under it put

$bcc="";

and see what happens...

Ok I tried it and to be honest it doesnt seem to have done anything at all. The emails still come through the same.
Ive changed it back because it did nothing.

ok i think ive sussed it with your help. I was looking at the ubbt.inc.php file around the area of the email looking for anything that would suggest putting in the email address twice and came accross the following:

mail("$to","$subject","$body","From: $from{$newline}{$bcc}$headers","-f{$config['emailaddy']}");
} else {
mail("$to","$subject","$body","From: $from{$newline}{$bcc}$headers");
}

Im not a coder in anyway but it looks like its saying include the "from" field and then directly after it, it says "$from" which I thought was asking for it again. Also I preume the first line is if your using the "-f" option in the control panel and the second line is if your not.
So basically I removed the "$from" from the line and it worked. It only showed the email address once.

The orignal code is as above and the modified code is below, please could you check it for me to check it's ok.

if ($config['fifth_mail']) {
mail("$to","$subject","$body","From: {$newline}{$bcc}$headers","-f{$config['emailaddy']}");
} else {
mail("$to","$subject","$body","From: {$newline}{$bcc}$headers");
}

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old Hand
Old Hand
see thats whats weird.. its aas if your mailer is putting in your email address all by itself becase the From: is just a string and the $from is your email address from the config file and by taking it out.. it still puts it in.. so if it works for you I would leave it... I would also put a post up on the UBBCENTRAL.COM site which is where the support for this product IS and see what they have to say.

ok will do, thanks for the help

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63