Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Lurker
Lurker

Okay, I'll finish with the title...Is there an SQL command to pull up tracking on mods who edit users and those users profiles/titles/etc.

Just curious but I've been experiencing some problems with user titles being changed while that person is offline and sometimes, that user will come back and have log in issues. When this problem was tracked to this issue, I issued a command to the users and the mods to only ask for a new usertitle in a documentented post from me in a Help forum.

But I have the feeling I have one or two mods running loose and still changing titles. Not bad odds, I say from a staff/mod team of 45 helping our site out. Still, I'm curious if there's an easy SQL command to retrieve a list of mods who edit users accounts and which users account they edited.

Thanks.

By the way, I've been reading this forum from oldest post to newest(I'm on page 79 now)....and I have to say one big THANK YOU to all of you who have contributed so freaking much to helping out newbies in the codes and lingo of running forums. You guys and gals do a great job...and have been a tremendous help to all of us. That may not be said enough but you all should know we all appreciate it very much...

DarkJedi

"Silly Earthlings...Morbo will Destroy You!!!
Sponsored Links
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
There's no SQL command to do so since that info isn't tracked in the database. Depending on the version, you should see this in the Admin log though (although I think the logging is missing in 6.5).

Lurker
Lurker
Thanks for quick reply, Josh.

One more quick question then..

Is there an SQL command to change a username....like If I had some incessantly repetitive whining about the username used to be "Argon43" and due to an old bad board transfer, he had to reregister under argon43. Believe it or not, capital letters will get an admin lynched by certain people. Why, I do not know!

Is there an SQL command to change the username from lowercase argon to Argon.

Again, thanks for all your help...Im on page 62 now and you and the others have been incredibly helpful.

I'm curious on another possibility.

This is a parameter I saw earlier...

SELECT B_Board,B_Number,FROM_UNIXTIME(B_Posted),B_Subject,B_Username
FROM w3t_Posts
WHERE B_IP = '1.2.3.4'

Is there a way to search by Login at the top instead of those options..

That way, you can do a search by all usernames who have to that IP in question...

Thanks, Josh...

Last edited by theolddarkjedi; 05/02/2005 3:49 AM.

DarkJedi

Old Hand
Old Hand
well that can be done in the control panel.. but in a pinch you could run

to set the login name the person uses to Argon43

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_LoginName = 'Argon43' WHERE U_LoginName = 'argon43'

to change the displayed name

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_Username = 'Argon43' WHERE U_Username = 'argon43'

As was already stated you can edit a users information from the control panel under member management. You can get to the screen you need by either clicking control panel - member management - under view/edit members search for the member and then click their profile to edit OR simply find their name in a post and click on their profile and choose "edit this member"...

The admin log is available on 6.5. You first have to create a folder for the logs and then post the URL to the folder... Go to the control panel then primary settings then click the tab for logging and you will see where to set it up. The log keeps track of any mod/admin actions such as editing posts or users or changing anything in the control panel.

Sponsored Links
Lurker
Lurker
You guys most definitely rock!

Thanks Scroungr and Threadster!

DarkJedi

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Zarzal
Zarzal
Berlin, Germany
Forum Statistics
Forums63