Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Coder
Coder
I did a search for the keyword but it keeps coming up with many, many posts that had nothing to do with it.

Im looking for the post that showed how to make subforums. Not the paid one because I cant shell out 50.00 right now but the one that was kind of generic but it worked. any help is great.

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
I didn't think there was one. Might be mistaken - but can't recall one.

I am guessing you have looked in https://www.ubbdev.com/forum/modindex.php?Cat=0

If so - then perhps do a forum at a time searching for subforums.

Cheers,

Ian

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Coder
Coder
I found it. took me a while to go through everything but the original post was called hidden forums and here is the code that was posted.

Code
<br /><br />in templates/default/admin/createforum.tmpl<br /><br />***find<br /><tr><td class="paddingtop paddingbottom autorow colored-row" valign="top" align="left"><br /><span class="autorow-title"><br />{$ubbt_lang['IS_ACTIVE']}<br /></span><br /></td><td class="paddingtop paddingbottom autorow colored-row" valign="top" align="left"><br /><input type="checkbox" name="isactive" value="1" checked="checked" /><br /></td></tr><br /><br />***add BELOW IT<br /><tr><td class="paddingtop paddingbottom autorow colored-row" valign="top" align="left"><br /><span class="autorow-title"><br />{$ubbt_lang['HIDDEN']}<br /></span><br /></td><td class="paddingtop paddingbottom autorow colored-row" valign="top" align="left"><br /><input type="checkbox" name="hidden" value="OFF" checked="checked" /><br /></td></tr><br /><br />in admin/docreateforum.php<br /><br />*** find<br />$footerfile = get_input("footerfile","post");<br /><br />*** add below it<br />$hidden = get_input("hidden","post");<br /><br />*** find<br />$keyword = addslashes($keyword);<br /><br />***add below it<br />$hidden = addslashes($hidden);<br /><br />*** find<br />$query = "<br />	INSERT INTO {$config['tbprefix']}Boards<br />	(Bo_Keyword,Bo_Title,Bo_Description,Bo_HTML,Bo_Expire,Bo_Markup,Bo_Moderated,Bo_Read_Perm,Bo_Write_Perm,Bo_Reply_Perm,Bo_ThreadAge,Bo_SpecialHeader,Bo_StyleSheet,Bo_Image,Bo_Active,Bo_Cat,Bo_CatName,Bo_Total,Bo_Threads,Bo_Created,Bo_Last,Bo_Posterid,Bo_LastNumber)<br />	VALUES<br />	('$keyword','$Title_q','$Description_q','$HTML_q','$Expires','$Markup_q','$Moderated_q','$CanRead','$CanWrite','$CanReply','$ThreadAge','$header','$stylesheet','$avurl','$isactive','$Catnum','$CatName_q','0','0','$time','0','0','0')<br />";<br /><br />***change to<br />$query = "<br />	INSERT INTO {$config['tbprefix']}Boards<br />	(Bo_Keyword,Bo_Title,Bo_Description,Bo_HTML,Bo_Expire,Bo_Markup,Bo_Moderated,Bo_Read_Perm,Bo_Write_Perm,Bo_Reply_Perm,Bo_ThreadAge,Bo_SpecialHeader,Bo_StyleSheet,Bo_Image,Bo_Active,Bo_Cat,Bo_CatName,Bo_Total,Bo_Threads,Bo_Created,Bo_Last,Bo_Posterid,Bo_LastNumber,Bo_Hidden)<br />	VALUES<br />	('$keyword','$Title_q','$Description_q','$HTML_q','$Expires','$Markup_q','$Moderated_q','$CanRead','$CanWrite','$CanReply','$ThreadAge','$header','$stylesheet','$avurl','$isactive','$Catnum','$CatName_q','0','0','$time','0','0','0','$hidden')<br />";<br /><br /><br />in /admin/viewboard.php<br /><br />*** find<br />	SELECT Bo_Title,Bo_Keyword,Bo_Description,Bo_HTML,Bo_Expire,Bo_Markup,Bo_Moderated,Bo_CatName,Bo_Cat,Bo_Read_Perm,Bo_Write_Perm,Bo_ThreadAge,Bo_Reply_Perm,Bo_SpecialHeader,Bo_StyleSheet,Bo_Image,Bo_Number,Bo_Active<br /><br />*** change to<br />	SELECT Bo_Title,Bo_Keyword,Bo_Description,Bo_HTML,Bo_Expire,Bo_Markup,Bo_Moderated,Bo_CatName,Bo_Cat,Bo_Read_Perm,Bo_Write_Perm,Bo_ThreadAge,Bo_Reply_Perm,Bo_SpecialHeader,Bo_StyleSheet,Bo_Image,Bo_Number,Bo_Active,Bo_Hidden<br /><br />***find<br />list($Title,$Keyword,$Description,$HTML,$Expires,$Markup,$Moderated,$Cattemp,$Catnum,$Groups,$WGroups,$ThreadAge,$RGroups,$header,$stylesheet,$forumimage,$bonum,$boactive) = $dbh -> fetch_array($sth);<br /><br />***add to the end, ",$HIDDEN" / change to<br />list($Title,$Keyword,$Description,$HTML,$Expires,$Markup,$Moderated,$Cattemp,$Catnum,$Groups,$WGroups,$ThreadAge,$RGroups,$header,$stylesheet,$forumimage,$bonum,$boactive,$bohidden) = $dbh -> fetch_array($sth);<br /><br />***find<br />if ($boactive) {<br />	$boactive_checked  = "checked=\"checked\"";<br />}<br /><br />***add below it<br />if ($bohidden) {<br />	$bohidden_checked = "checked=\"checked\"";<br />}<br /><br />in /admin/doeditboard.php<br /><br />***find<br />$footerfile = get_input("footerfile","post");<br /><br />***add BELOW it<br />$HIDDEN = get_input("HIDDEN","post");<br /><br />***find<br />$isactive        = addslashes($isactive);<br /><br />***add BELOW it<br />$HIDDEN_q = addslashes($HIDDEN);<br /><br />***find<br />	SET Bo_Title='$Title_q', Bo_Description='$Description_q', Bo_HTML='$HTML_q', Bo_Expire = '$Expires', Bo_Markup = '$Markup_q', Bo_Moderated = '$Moderated_q', Bo_Read_Perm = '$CanRead',Bo_Write_Perm='$CanWrite',Bo_Reply_Perm='$CanReply',Bo_ThreadAge='$ThreadAge',Bo_SpecialHeader='$header', Bo_StyleSheet='$stylesheet', Bo_Image='$avurl', Bo_Active='$isactive' $extra<br /><br />***change to<br />	SET Bo_Title='$Title_q', Bo_Description='$Description_q', Bo_HTML='$HTML_q', Bo_Expire = '$Expires', Bo_Markup = '$Markup_q', Bo_Moderated = '$Moderated_q', Bo_Read_Perm = '$CanRead',Bo_Write_Perm='$CanWrite',Bo_Reply_Perm='$CanReply',Bo_ThreadAge='$ThreadAge',Bo_SpecialHeader='$header', Bo_StyleSheet='$stylesheet', Bo_Image='$avurl', Bo_Active='$isactive', Bo_Hidden='$HIDDEN_q' $extra<br /><br />in languages/english/admin/viewboard.php add to bottom<br /><br />$ubbt_lang['HIDDEN'] = "Should Forum be shown in Main Index?";<br /><br />in languages/english/admin/createboard.php add to bottom<br /><br />$ubbt_lang['HIDDEN'] = "Should Forum be shown in Main Index?";<br /><br />to get to the hidden forum put in a link where boardkeyword = keyword to the forum<br /><br />http://yourdomain.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/boardkeyword<br /><br /> 

Coder
Coder
Man, I got all the way through the entire thing and the last part says

in languages/english/admin/createboard.php add to bottom

$ubbt_lang['HIDDEN'] = "Should Forum be shown in Main Index?";

well, there is no files called createboard.php in languages/english/admin.

anyone want to take a crack at this and tell me where to add this last lil part. im using threads 6.5.

Coder
Coder
5 day mini bump

I have tried to add the code several different files with no sucess. I even had to replace one .php file that I totally borked.

I can understand not "wanting" to help because of a paid mod from Anno that can be purchased. The thing is that I dont need a full blown subforum addon.
Just a way to have one that can be accessed and posted in but not shown.
Allthough having the paid version wouldent be bad, Just dont have the funds for anything extra and dont see anything coming in for a while......

Last edited by DrChaos; 07/27/2005 12:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Code Monkey
Code Monkey
Disregard that last direction, since the same language string is already in languages/english/admin/viewboard.php and this is the file which is included in admin/createforum.php.

Coder
Coder
No matter what I do, I keep getting this error...

Script: /home/bla-bla-bla/admin/docreateforum.php
Line#: 162
SQL Error: Unknown column 'Bo_Hidden' in 'field list'
SQL Error #: 1054
Query: INSERT INTO w3t_Boards (Bo_Keyword,Bo_Title,Bo_Description,Bo_HTML,Bo_Expire,Bo_Markup,Bo_Moderated,Bo_Read_Perm,Bo_Write_Perm,Bo_Reply_Perm,Bo_ThreadAge,Bo_SpecialHeader,Bo_StyleSheet,Bo_Image,Bo_Active,Bo_Cat,Bo_CatName,Bo_Total,Bo_Threads,Bo_Created,Bo_Last,Bo_Posterid,Bo_LastNumber,Bo_Hidden) VALUES ('TEST','TEST','TEST','Off','0','On','no','-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-','-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-','-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-','0','','usedefault','','1','7',' test forum','0','0','1123299874','0','0','0','')

Coder
Coder
ok, as far as the error above goes, a I supposed to be adding the Bo_Hidden field into sql by using a command in phpmyadmin?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
isaac
isaac
California
Forum Statistics
Forums63