Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Stilgar

Interview by: James "Stilgar" Christenson
Interviewee: afterlab

UBBDev
Hello afterlab. Tell us how you got started in graphics ?
afterlab
I started graphics design around 3 years ago. It wasn't really "graphic design" as much back then, since I was about 11 years old. I really start most of my graphics on pure inspiration from others.

UBBDev
Cool. Done?
afterlab
Yeah.. I'm not much of a speaker smile

UBBDev
Hehehe. What programs do you use when creating and editing images?
afterlab
Hmm.. Let's see. Microsoft Paint totally. Nah, not really. I like to use an unknown program called Microsoft Image Composer. Music helps every now and then too. wink

[Linked Image]

UBBDev
What inspires you when you're creating your images?
afterlab
Ah. Hard question. I like to listen to music most of the time whenever I am creating images. It helps you get into the mood or tone you are trying to create within the image. The other 50% of the time is off of inspiration of other great artists such as Cuba, Skorp and yourself. laugh

UBBDev
Hehehe, thanks. Do you do any non-digital art?
afterlab
LOL! I cannot draw offline at all. It's hard enough for me to draw a single circle without a nice ol' mouse hooked up. I find digital art as an alternative for my kind of people who can't draw.

UBBDev
What is your favorite beverage while creating art?
afterlab
Now this is the kind of question I am looking for! LOL.. Well anyways, I gulp down a nice Mountain Dew while I work. Do the dew! wink

[Linked Image]

UBBDev
Are there any websites that you would like to share with beginning artists?
afterlab
Unfortunatly I don't.. frown

UBBDev
What is your favorite color?
afterlab
Aha. Green all the way! Blue is nice too, but gets annoying after awhile. But just watch me and about 1 month from now I will like it. I'm weird like that smile

UBBDev
Isn't that just how it is.. wink Is there a forum that showcases your art. Maybe one that you work on, that you want to share?
afterlab
Most of all my artwork is on my own Forums , but some are here in the UBBDev Database too. But for my best art, I would like to pick my own Forums. My graphics are all over the place. I do work for other websites too, if I get bored every now and then.

UBBDev
How did UBBDev get to be one of your hangouts?
afterlab
I like the people here, a lot. We have people from many genres of Forums. It's nice how everyone helps each other and contributes something. It's fun to come down every day and find something to talk about or something to work on.

[Linked Image]

UBBDev
You do great work. What are your plans for the future?
afterlab
Thanks!.. The future? Well I have big plans with my Final Fantasy website and working it with my UBB. Just trying to work with UBB and Graphics I guess. smile

UBBDev
Well, cool. Thanks for your time afterlab. It was a pleasure getting to know you better.

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63