Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
This month we are proud to offer a new column to the U-Zine, the Team UBBDev Member Spotlight. Each month we will be featuring an interview with one of our dedicated Cancer Haxxors. In the spotlight this month is Wando! In addition to his own participation, Wando has convinced over 20 members from his website http://www.audi-sport.net to also join Team UBBDev.

Haxxor of the Month: Wando
Interviewed by: tackaberry

UBBDev: Hi Wando, thanks for joining us, why don't you start off by telling us a little about your audi-sport.net web-site, and how the UBB™ is used

Wando: Well we're basically a bunch of Audi nuts and we just discuss all the various problems we've all had and then all the modifications we've made, just a plain ol' car site really!

UBBDev: What model Audi's have you owned/currently own?

Wando: I'm on my first one, an Audi A3 Turbo, pearlescent black/leather and all the gadgets I know all of the American Audi guys are very jealous as the A3 was never taken over there. Having the ECU reprogrammed had to be the best investment yet, it took the standard 150bhp to just over 200bhp! nice

UBBDev: At what point did you start modifying your UBB™? Visiting UBBDev?

Wando: Was lurking around ages ago, not a proficient hacker myself, I'm better with a torque wrench than a keyboard have successfully installed the odd small hack, also ballsed a couple up!

UBBDev: What kind of advice can you offer to others what to customize their board, but aren't perl whizzes?

Wando: Either get someone else to do it or start on something real simple, I mean I wouldn't suggest installing something like who's online as your first ever hack! Although Multihack might change this hopefully!

UBBDev: What 'hacks' are currently being used on your board?

Wando: Currently only have 8 mods per forum and date topic started in topic starter column, LK had kindly helped me previously before I moved from an NT server to a unix one and did a clean install of 6.1.0.2, we used to have about 15 installed hacks I just haven't the time at the moment to remod myself, do really miss who's online though, so that'll be one of the next to get hacked in!

UBBDev: What particular hack/mod is your favorite?

Wando: tough one that, but I think that Who's online is nice as you can see whose lurking

UBBDev: Which hack/mod is most popular with your users?

Wando: Lk's Chat mod for sure, you could go in every night when we had it and there would be always a few people in there!

UBBDev: What feature currently not available in UBB™, or as a hack would you like to see?

Wando: The ability to completely change the html layout of the UBB(call me lazy!)

UBBDev: Well you can edit the public template files, granted it is a bit of work. I guess you're looking for something more automated, or wysiwyg

Wando: Yeah give me automated!!! any thing to save time, I could spend days designing a page but to be honest I could think of alot better things to be doing like driving or going down the pub for a drink and some female company

UBBDev: Well as long as it was either driving or drinking, but not both. How many members does your UBB™ have, and how many of them are participating on Team UBBDev?

Wando: 506 members, only 21 on UBBDev at the last count, once I'm all rehacked and have a bit of time over Christmas I'll start pushing it a bit harder, some of my guys are doing quite well at the last look I had 7 out of the top 20 points scorers on Team UBBDev!

UBBDev: What sort of things have you done to encourage participation, or to increase performance

Wando: Just badgered them alot! A few also looked into overclocking as well to help increase device performance, I also added a bit more memory to both my PC's 768Mb in the desktop and 512Mb in the laptop all helps bump the points up!

UBBDev: Well they are doing a great job, and we appreciate theirs and your contribution to the cause. If you could summarize what being a UBBDev Cancer Haxxor means to you in one sentance, what would it be?

Wando: A real chance to make a difference towards the fight against cancer, just imagine what it's gonna be like when we find the cure!

UBBDev: We all look forward to that day! Thanks again, and best of luck with your super-charged A3!

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63