Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Interview By: Greg "MasterMind" Hard
Spotlighted site: stonecrick

UBBDEV
Let's start with a little "behind the scenes" information on yourself.
What is your background and how long have you been on the web?

Rob
When I was about 8, my uncle bought me some cheap computer for christmas. He bought me the game doom and tried to explain the filing system and how to change your background. He then set me up with the internet where I learned how to find codes for Doom. I remember about when I was 10 I decided to start my own site. That's where I learned about the UBB and such. My hosting package came with it so I started hacking Ubb 5.3x . I remember I was soo new to it.

UBBDEV
That's young.. What is your reason for purchasing UBB over other forum software?

Rob
Well, I was really new to the internet. Because I didn't understand much of the way to get around and stuff. I saw these other places but I had already been using my UBB for about 2 years before my host lost the contract with infopop. I had already had a lot of posts so I just kept with it.

UBBDEV
You made a good choice. Favorite kind of cheese? Do you even LIKE cheese?

Rob
I am lactose intolerant? So i really can't have it. But I do sometimes. It would be American.

UBBDEV
Are there any "tricks of the trade" you'd like to share that lol... Are there any tricks of the trade UBBâ„¢ owners can use to improve the success of their site?

Rob
Uhh, not really, but I can try. well if you are new to the ubb. I member I just fooled around with it just to understand it. And what makes a UBB unique is that it is different then others. I really hate it when I see a site that is exactly like mine. I actually see that alot!

UBBDEV
Copying is a form of flattery, i suppose? How did you come up for the idea for stonecrick?
Rob: Yes, I hope so. Well, the name was something I came up with in my head one day. I remember that's when I was really into gaming so I saw all these gaming sites and I always wanted a name likes theirs but I didn't want to copy them so I just tried to think of some of my own. And I also had to think what if I decide to change the entire contents of the site. So I had to make something that wasn't specific in what it was about.

UBBDEV
So, do you like AMD or Intel?

Rob
Never used AMD. I have only had three computers. All Dell's and dell doesn't have AMD just intel. But I am working on getting a new computer. Custom built of course, and will be trying out AMD.

UBBDEV
May I suggest the AMD Athlon 1.4 (1.2, 1.3) Ghz processor with a DDR mobo if you can afford it?

UBBDEV
AMD is very good, especially the Athlons. the durons are nice too.

Rob
Ahh yes. I have been working at my dad's work so I have alot of money stored up. Which one do you prefer?

UBBDEV
I currently have an AMD Athlon 1.1Ghz, with a VIA mobo (ASUS, VIA chipset) and i love my AMD processor.

Rob
Well, that's good!

UBBDEV
Along with my 30 gig harddrive. (Deskstar)

Rob
I only have a 4 gig on my desktop and an 8 gig on my laptop.

UBBDEV
Visa or Mastercard?

Rob
Hmm, I am not old enough to have one but, Visa.

UBBDEV
What do you like and dislike most about the UBB?

Rob
Well, there isn't too much I dislike. I would like some options in there that could be very useful. But otherwise I like how it's easy to customize and the code is simple.

UBBDEV
What is yours and your users favorite UBBT hack?
Rob: Well, I personally like Whos Online. We love how easy you can customize it. I also like the Add graemlins but that's in the new 6.1 version.

UBBDEV
Thanks for your time! Keep developing your site!

:::

Sponsored Links

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
Gizmo
Gizmo
Portland, OR, USA
Forum Statistics
Forums63