Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Posted here by David Dreezer (navaho) at Infopop Community:

UBB.threads 6.3 beta 4 has been released to the member area.

No, you didn't miss beta 2 and 3, they were never released to the public

Version 6.3 beta 4 contains fixes for all of the bugs marked FIXED in the beta versions bugs forum.
Version 6.3 beta 4 also adds the ability to define a character set and text direction for individual language packs. These are the first two entries in generic.php for each language.

More complete lists of what is new or changed can be found in the first beta version release announcement or in Rick's Change Log.

Very important!
If you are upgrading to beta 4 from beta 1 you will need to run the following sql command from the SQL Command box in your admin panel prior to your update (just copy/paste it in):
Code
<br />CREATE TABLE w3t_Mailer (<br />M_Time INT(11),<br />M_Subject VARCHAR(255),<br />M_Message TEXT,<br />M_Groups VARCHAR(255),<br />M_Bogus VARCHAR(255),<br />M_Onebyone INT(1),<br />M_Loop INT(9),<br />M_Type VARCHAR(10)<br />)<br />

This will make your mass mailer work properly. If you are moving to beta 4 from Version 6.2.3 or older you do not need to do this step, the altertables script will do it for you.

Remember, this release is beta code. As with any beta code, it may be unstable. You should not run this beta in a production environment unless you understand the risks involved. Returning to a prior release may prove difficult!

Sponsored Links
Addict
Addict
YEEEES! I'm gettin' off work now, but I am SO there to update as soon as I can!!!!

Code Monkey
Code Monkey
I figure I'll just be waiting until the final version of 6.3 while I install more mods. But if 6.3 is right around, maybe I should take a break from adding mods...

Addict
Addict
6.3 beta 4 is now up and running at http://www.drumlines.org !

*crosses fingers*

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I'll wait for final version

Sponsored Links
Veteran
Veteran
Live dangerous

Remember, this release is beta code. As with any beta code, it may be unstable. You should not run this beta in a production environment unless you understand the risks involved. Returning to a prior release may prove difficult!

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Power User
Power User
somebody know what files have been changed from 6.3b1?

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Beyond Compare.

Addict
Addict
I think I'll wait for 6.3.1, or possibly 6.4. =]

I'm still running 6.1...

Addict
Addict
That's what I do. Beyond Compare all the way. Took all of an hour or two to update. Of course, you have to be able to tiptoe around your hacks. And since I used different templates that everyone else, I REALLY have to tiptoe and look for changes!

Sponsored Links
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Heh, I download 6.3b1 and 6.3b4 versions, but theay contain too much bugs. So I'll wait so far...

That's what makes them beta.

Veteran
Veteran
[]Slawek_L said:
Heh, I download 6.3b1 and 6.3b4 versions, but theay contain too much bugs. So I'll wait so far... [/]

But you learn the code better, when things go wrong

Fans Focus - Focusing on Fans of Sport

(Okay - mainly football (the British variety wink at the moment - but expanding all the time....)
Exactly one a test site one can play and find a way around problems and help fix them.

I would never put a beta on a live site though!!

I slapped it up here http://www.vhfans.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?Cat= and allowed for guest posting so you can come over and trash it if you want, also if there are certain configs you want just let me know. I also gave the db prefix a name of w2t_ just to be safe

[]Slawek_L said:
Heh, I download 6.3b1 and 6.3b4 versions, but theay contain too much bugs. So I'll wait so far... [/]

Beta tests are by definition for beta testers. It's not a new release.

Lee

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I agree with you, but look here:
http://www.revolution.roteh.pl/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php
When in member area appear new version, people installed it, they didn't look for "b4"... it's just NEW veriosn. NEW = better.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
[]JoshPet said:
[/]

And in the member area where you downloaded it.......

Hacker
Hacker
Just curious - is there a compelling reason to upgrade to 6.3? The Changlog doesnt seem to have anything that jumps out at me to rush to upgrade; or did I miss something really cool?

The subforums are really appealing to me. I can't wait.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
Subforums will be 6.4.

The main "noticeable" features that you will notice:
- The return of the Re: Username in Flat View
- Last Post by Link on the Postlis page
- Stronger Banning
- Admin Area Language Files (a big complaint for a while for non-english languages)
- Ability to edit language strings (wordlets) from the Admin menu
- My Cookies
- The Board= variable is no longer needed in links - so when you move a thread from one forum to another the links are no longer broken.
- The ability to add/remove languages
- The mass emailer has been totally reworked and now will work on all servers. (it's never worked for me but now I've tested and it works great!!!)

And a bunch of bug fixes for the 6.2 version.

To most of us who hack - we have alot of these toys already. The masses do not. The changelog for 6.4 will get posted once 6.3 goes final.

Dunno if its been spotted already but theres a few typo's in the edit config file:

Path to save session information. This is only used if your "tracking" variable is seto to sessions. This needs to be a world writeable directory outside of your html tree.

=============

Directory to store database backups in. Only necesary for using the databae backup/restore function in the admin section. This directory will need to be writeable by the webserver.

============

Do you want to disable the referer check? Only disable this if you have many users that are unable to post due to firewall/proxy servers manipulating their referer variable.

in fact referrer is spelt wrong throughout so I wont highlight it any more

=============

If the referer check is not disabled, then please supply the name of the server the program is running on. If necessary seperate referers with a |

============

If a path was specified above, we need to know the full url to that directory. (Paritial URL will not work because the image size can't be grabbed)

==========

Do you want to do full new post tracking (standard behavior)? If this is set to full, then this gene

==========

sorry if I am being fussy or too British

(My spelling is crap too so no revenge attacks on my posts lol)

Regards
Clint

Running on WIN2003 Web Server.

Paranoid people get followed too!
Addict
Addict
When the environment variable HTTP_REFERER was incorporated into the HTTP specification, no one noticed the spelling error until it was too late, so we're stuck with that. I suppose that the word "referrer" should be spelled properly in other occurrences.

I type Like navaho
I type Like navaho
I passed these along to Rick. Thanks.

Spelling is a funny thing I make so many mistakes when I type but I can spot a mistake when I read a post a mile off, and the odd thing is I cant spell some of the words I know are wrong they just dont look right to me, mind you I am mildly dislexic (sp lol)

Regards
Clint

Running on WIN2003 Web Server.

Paranoid people get followed too!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate Today!
Donate via PayPal

Donate to UBBDev today to help aid in Operational, Server and Script Maintenance, and Development costs.

Please also see our parent organization VNC Web Services if you're in the need of a new UBB.threads Install or Upgrade, Site/Server Migrations, or Security and Coding Services.
Recommended Hosts
We have personally worked with and recommend the following Web Hosts:
Stable Host
bluehost
InterServer
Visit us on Facebook
Member Spotlight
JAISP
JAISP
PA
Forum Statistics
Forums63